+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'PowerOptionsPro' Now Available for Download in Cydia

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,045 Times in 767 Posts

Default 'PowerOptionsPro' Now Available for Download in Cydia

Back in September we previewed a tweak called PowerOptionsPro by iOS developer FreeApple. The tweak allows you to replace the rather limited 'slide to power off' menu with a menu that can do much more than just power the device off.

PowerOptionsPro is now available in the Cydia Store for 99˘. You will notice that the tweak has been slightly adjusted since the preview version. For example, the UI looks just a little different, and there are much more options to configure. We will take you through the changes.

The first thing you’ll notice is the new interface. The buttons now have an appealing border around them, which adds to the already aesthetically pleasing look of the buttons. From the button options, you can kill all applications suspended in the memory with one tap, clear your caches, open your information panel, respring the device, reboot the device, boot the device into safe mode, or power down the device.

The information panel shows you information about your iOS device, such as the battery level with a nice graphic to go with that, your device name, your Wi-Fi IP address, memory information, and storage information. You can close the information panel with the red close button at the top left:

When you clear your device’s caches, PowerOptionsPro will display the following screen until it finishes:

The biggest change can be found in the options for the tweak. Since the preview version, a lot has been added. The options have been organized better too:

The first option you’ll get is the ability to select an Activator action for the tweak. Under that, you can choose the order of the buttons that appear in the interface and enable or disable certain ones, filter backgrounded applications, and choose the caches that are cleaned when you clear your device’s caches.

You’ll also find the ability to use the sleep button as a toggle for the tweak instead of Activator and you can choose the amount of time you want to hold it for the interface to pop up (1-3 seconds). Additionally, you’ll be able to delay the dimming of the lock screen for 20, 30, 40, or 60 seconds, or 2 minutes, 5 minutes, or even never. The developer warns that picking never could be a battery drainer – especially if you forget you have your iPhone turned on in your pocket while on the lock screen.

Finally, you’ll find a spot to choose the animation for how the interface appears on your screen. You can choose between default (fly in from bottom to top), fly in from top to bottom, fly in from left to right, or fly in from right to left. You also can enable or disable the tweak's sounds.

PowerOptionsPro is a great tweak to have if saving time is a priority and useful features sound good to you. Being that all these useful features are accessible all from one location, the tweak is very easy to use and highly recommended.

The developer also says that an update is on the way, which will appeal to themers, with full theme support, which will include 4 stock themes.

Name: PowerOptionsPro
    Price: 99˘
    Version: 1.0
    Repo: ModMyi
    Developer: FreeApple
    Editor's Rating: / 4.5/5

Thanks
    Thanked 3,855 Times in 884 Posts

Bad ars tweak by an even better dude!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Looks good. However for now I guess most of this can be achieved with the super cool sbssetting.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    This tweak is broke for the iPad 3/5.1.1. Contacted "better dude" developer but he's apparently not into providing support for his paying customers. Avoid this tweak for this reason. Use activator from REAL dev.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    suby!! I got some Subaru zeppelin logos in cydia

Thanks
    Thanked 1,049 Times in 414 Posts

@kbcox0327 This tweak just went live an I have yet to receive any emails or questions from you about the tweak, so not quite sure what you mean by not supporting? SMH Slander?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Italia411's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FreeApple View Post
    @kbcox0327 This tweak just went live an I have yet to receive any emails or questions from you about the tweak, so not quite sure what you mean by not supporting? SMH Slander?
    You live in Lake George? Nice!!! I'm in Saratoga Springs. I will def support a local dev!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Who's slandering who?
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeApple View Post

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

****[email protected]

Technical details of permanent failure:
    Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 550 550 Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable (state 13).

It's difficult to receive emails & offer support with a bogus support email.

Thanks

I just got this. I like how it looks, but have been unable to get it to turn on when in lock screen. I can get it to turn on while phone is unlocked, but often the phone just goes to lock when I push the "sleep" button. Then, when I unlock the phone, it's up on the springboard. I'll keep playing with settings, see if I can get it to work the way I'd like (I want an easy way to to get to SafeMode besides using SBSettings, as I had a lockup where the notification screen dropped down and blocked everything, not allowing me to get to SBSettings easily and SafeMode my way back in and fix what was locking me up).

Edit:
    Well, after fiddling around with it, it seems that it will not open while on lock screen. I've got it working fine on springboard, simply using the power button hold for three seconds with Activator turned off. But if I hold the same power button for three seconds while on lock screen, nothing happens until I slide to unlock, at which point I find that the app is opened and ready to go. Not really very helpful for when the phone locks up and I need to access SafeMode or respring. If anyone has had success using this while on the lock screen, I'd like to hear about it.

Edit:
    Yep, email to dev NOT working, my message to him returned as undeliverable.
    Last edited by mr117; 12-04-2012 at 10:27 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,855 Times in 884 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kbcox0327 View Post
    Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

****[email protected]

Technical details of permanent failure:
    Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 550 550 Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable (state 13).

It's difficult to receive emails & offer support with a bogus support email.
    Dude for real. Tweak has been out for how long? And your seriously already being this angry over it. Instead of bein a jerk why don't you (sense you see that he has responded to you) say something positive.

I mean come on if you followed him or anything you'd know he is a dedicated developer.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,049 Times in 414 Posts

@Italia Yes I am from Lake George, Born in raised in this area, awesome to see someone else around these parts. Thank you for the support! I really appreciate it an hope you enjoy some of my work.

@kbcox0327 I am really sorry your having issues. I must tell you though that for .99 cents your attitude is a bit wee out of control. I am on twitter @freeAppl3 and have several email accounts. [email protected] is NOT a support email. [email protected] is my support email. SO if you would kindly send me a email to this account I will take care of your issues.

@mr177 Thank you of the support and constructive criticism. I am submitting an update within the next day or two that will fix most of these issues. I apologize for any inconvenience the tweak might have caused or it not working properly on your device. Once agin my support email is [email protected] and I am also on twitter @freeApp3 and always go out of my way to help paying customers. No issues! I have gone the lengths to make this tweak , "months" and always support my work 100% so please if you have any issues after the next update just contact me. I will also fix the "Support" tab within the tweak so ppl can send their issues right from the tweaks settings. Thank you all for the support I really do appreciate it and am sorry to any of those having issues.

Thanks

Well, I'm not angry or unsupportive, just giving feedback. Glad you understood that. Happy to hear that (I assume) the app will open on lock screen soon, as that is what I need it for. As to the email glitch, no biggie, just reporting what occurred. I had already seen you posting here, so I figured I would be able to let you know my issues by posting here.

As to implementation of the app, I discovered that Activator should NOT be used, as the app has a built-in setting for the sleep button. That is where I ran into issues (by assigning an action to Activator using the sleep button). Once I cleared Activator, the app popped open every time. I assume that a different activation may be used, as long as the app (power) setting is turned off inside the app. For me, the sleep button is what I need, so...
    Last edited by mr117; 12-05-2012 at 07:49 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I think this tweak is helpfull for everyone in the new way!!!!!I love this.
    Last edited by Kevin Kinh; 12-12-2012 at 12:00 PM.