Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Revealed to Test Carrier LTE Networks Before Allowing iPhone 5 to Connect to Them

Thanks

Default Apple Revealed to Test Carrier LTE Networks Before Allowing iPhone 5 to Connect to Them

According to a report by The Next Web, Apple’s strict quality control methods were recently revealed by a spokesperson for Swisscom. The Cupertino California company will only allow a carrier to offer the iPhone 5 on their LTE network after the company has conducted its own set of tests of the wireless service.

Swisscom recently launched its 4G LTE network this week but Apple’s iPhone 5 won’t run on the carrier’s network just yet. It was indicated that this is because Apple much push out an update enabling LTE connectivity. A timeframe for Apple providing the software update to enable LTE connectivity has not yet been given as it remains in “due course.”

The strict control maintained by Apple came as a shock to Bengt Nordstrom, head of an industry consultancy group named NorthStream. According to Nordstorm, the fact carriers are willing to concede such control to Apple shows “who is running the industry.” While Apple has shown its extensive in-house testing, the information from Swisscom shows that the company also takes its carriers partners’ ability to offer customers the expected level of performance from their LTE networks seriously as well.

Source: The Next Web

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Mostly because they want to keep a quality status and if the lte isnt fast they cant say "blazing-fast speeds" etc.

I think I would rather have the extra speed. Apple could just as easily had a bubble pop up that said lte not tested by apple speeds may not be as fast as advertised or something like that.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

I think that's pretty smart. If Apple wants to test a network before use then sweet, test away!

What is that navihation app in the top iphone in the picture?

iPhone? More like MyPhone mbeezy81's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Checksum47 View Post
    Apples Maps App, the default one that comes with the phone

I think is a good idea that the network is able to keep up with the phone otherwise people start blaming the phone and Apple wants to keep their products on the top of the matket!!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Checksum47 View Post
    The built in Maps app on iOS 6.
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.

An electronics manufacturer actually tests their product before releasing through a carrier. Wow, that's big news.

Quote Originally Posted by jb40967 View Post
    An electronics manufacturer actually tests their product before releasing through a carrier. Wow, that's big news.
    Right? lol.