+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Facebook Photo Sync Feature Now Available for Everyone

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Just less than two weeks ago, Facebook started enabling their Photo Sync feature for a limited audience for testing. The feature allows users with iOS devices to have any photos
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,038 Times in 760 Posts

Default Facebook Photo Sync Feature Now Available for Everyone

Just less than two weeks ago, Facebook started enabling their Photo Sync feature for a limited audience for testing. The feature allows users with iOS devices to have any photos they take with the device automatically uploaded to a private album on their Facebook account to help make sharing the photos easier than ever before. The way the photos automatically go to this album works a lot like Apple's Photo Stream.

Today, Facebook users should begin seeing the banner above in their news feeds. Facebook has enabled the Photo Sync feature for all users, enabling them to join in on uploading their life to Facebook as it happens. You can tap "Get Started" to begin using Photo Sync, or you can tap cancel to opt out of using it.

Since the photos are uploaded to a private album on Facebook, no one will see the photos that are automatically uploaded until the owner of the Facebook account has a chance to choose the ones that are posted and the ones that are not going to be posted. It’s important to note that even though the photos in this private album aren’t being shared with your friends, they are still going to be stored on Facebook’s servers.

You will not find an update to the Facebook application in the App Store with the new Facebook Photo Sync feature included, as Facebook has managed to pack the feature into the current version of the Facebook application.

Sources: Facebook via MacRumors
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 11-30-2012 at 03:41 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Oh hell no! Once your Facebook got hacked, your doomed! lol. Its inevitable sometime you forgot to logout or friends trying to use your facebook app from your phone. I dont think this is a smart feature.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Why would I want every photo I take to upload to Facebook every time? Yeah there's some photos worth sharing and there's just some photos that aren't.. I have about 800 photos on my phone and I havnt even uploaded more then 10 photos from my album... So this is a dumb feature if you ask me cause not everyone wants to upload every photo they take onto the web!!

Thanks

Yep I saw that this morning.
    "You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not"

My iPhone is a Part of Me zinjen's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sean637 View Post
    Oh hell no! Once your Facebook got hacked, your doomed! lol. Its inevitable sometime you forgot to logout or friends trying to use your facebook app from your phone. I dont think this is a smart feature.
    Oh hell no, you know how many naked pics of my ex's I have in my phone? **** I can see this screwing me in the near future.
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button if you liked what I said or did

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    If they are using the facebook app on your phone don't they have access to your camera roll anyways

iPhone? More like MyPhone WithinTemptationFan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zinjen View Post
    oh hell no, you know how many naked pics of my ex's i have in my phone? **** i can see this screwing me in the near future.
    lol

Thanks

I don't think this a good idea for most ppl. What if you mistakenly sync a photo. Bout time u realize it, friends, family and co-workers will see what u do I your spare time. Good or bad.

I'm not syncing mine. It's bad enough iCloud does it and give you the option to public view or what ever its called.

OH HELL NOOOO....

My iPhone is a Part of Me fanboyfanboy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by unfeomateo View Post
    If they are using the facebook app on your phone don't they have access to your camera roll anyways
    Facebook integration -iOS 6. Yes they do. Not happy about it, definitely opted out of it haha

My iPhone is a Part of Me wolverinemarky's Avatar
    Thanks

I considered doing it then I remembered how wishy washy Facebook is on privacy. One week the album would be private and no one else can see the pics the next week they change their privacy settings and now u have to choose to make it private without telling you that before they change it. NO THANKS. Not getting screwed with my camera roll lol

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I'll pass on this one. What gets on the internet, stays on the internet so I'm not risking this one.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ensigma View Post
    I'll pass on this one. What gets on the internet, stays on the internet so I'm not risking this one.
    TRUE, I couldn't have said it better.