+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Consumer Reports: Verizon Ranked Best Wireless Carrier while AT&T Ranked the Worst

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I hate reading articles about this. It is honestly subjective on all ends. Just reading the comments proves it. Some people have had ZERO problems with ATT and others have
    iPhone? More like MyPhone iFrosty's Avatar
    Thanks

I hate reading articles about this. It is honestly subjective on all ends. Just reading the comments proves it. Some people have had ZERO problems with ATT and others have MANY problems. Personally i couldn't care who is considered #1 or even considered last as long as where i live and reside, they work. Thats how all decisions based on cellular choices should be made.

Just to add to the mix I have ATT (started back with Cingular) and i can honestly say i have had ZERO issues myself.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    And on other news.. Water is wet lol

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptor2213 View Post
    I had good service with AT&T, both in the quality of the connection and customer service, however, I got tired of their corporate policies regarding data usage. I had a grandfathered unlimited plan. I got fed up with the throttling and the restrictions and moved to Sprint. I've had the exact opposite experience with them so far.
    AT&T throttles me before I even get to a gig of usage. They pull me down to .11 Mbps every month without fail. It can take a few minutes just to pull up google.com. Forget streaming video or audio. I have to offline sync Spotify just to use it. I wish they'd at least give me up until 3-5 gigs like others say. Calling them was one big run around and no one would remove the throttling and when I called my usuage was just barely over 500 megs

Thanks
    Thanked 8,985 Times in 4,507 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ilikemyrealname View Post
    AT&T throttles me before I even get to a gig of usage. They pull me down to .11 Mbps every month without fail. It can take a few minutes just to pull up google.com. Forget streaming video or audio. I have to offline sync Spotify just to use it. I wish they'd at least give me up until 3-5 gigs like others say. Calling them was one big run around and no one would remove the throttling and when I called my usuage was just barely over 500 megs
    What you're experiencing is not throttling. It's bad signal from towers. Throttling is only kicked in upon achieving a certain number of GBs. It's a computer thing - can't kick in early.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    What you're experiencing is not throttling. It's bad signal from towers. Throttling is only kicked in upon achieving a certain number of GBs. It's a computer thing - can't kick in early.
    I wish that were the case but they admited to throttling me and the day cycle starts over again my service goes right back to normal. This has happened to me at least 6 months in a row, if not more.

Thanks

I wish that were the case but they admited to throttling me and the day cycle starts over again my service goes right back to normal. This has happened to me at least 6 months in a row, if not more.
    When someone else claimed what you were claiming I called AT&T and they said its NOT the case. So I'm sorry to disagree but please don't say things here that aren't the policy of the company. AT&T only throttles when you go beyond the agreed threshold. That's the fact. If they do it before the threshold they're in breech of their contract with you and you can sue.

My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iFrosty View Post
    I hate reading articles about this. It is honestly subjective on all ends. Just reading the comments proves it. Some people have had ZERO problems with ATT and others have MANY problems. Personally i couldn't care who is considered #1 or even considered last as long as where i live and reside, they work. Thats how all decisions based on cellular choices should be made.

Just to add to the mix I have ATT (started back with Cingular) and i can honestly say i have had ZERO issues myself.
    AGREED!!!
    Find what works for you in your area...

I have ATT and grandfathered in, but, I have had problems with reception in West Milwaukee with Motorola Rzr, Iphone 3G,3GS,4, 5.
    In my home I lose reception on phone calls randomly and ATT has not been able to help. Data works great. And I've had jailbroken iphones
    since iphone 3G.

I almost switched to T-Mobile. I was going to buy an unlocked Iphone 5 and jump ship. But T-Mobile hasn't come forward and set up their 4G in my area so what good would an iphone 5 do me on a low grade network? I would have loved to save the money and have gotten unlimited data all for $50 a month.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Italia411's Avatar
    Thanks

When someone else claimed what you were claiming I called AT&T and they said its NOT the case. So I'm sorry to disagree but please don't say things here that aren't the policy of the company. AT&T only throttles when you go beyond the agreed threshold. That's the fact. If they do it before the threshold they're in breech of their contract with you and you can sue.
    They do this now is they catch you tethering with out a proper plan. I'm guessing this is why their getting throttled. Happened to a buddy of mine from using tetherme. He luckily got a decent rep on the phone who reset the throttling before his billing cycle switched.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Hi I'm just expressing my experience like everyone else on the forum. Just because because something is not policy doesn't mean I can't express my experience as you've stated. I did not mean for other to be taken back by my comment. If anything a comment that is of use to me because I have no idea why this has been going on and calling them didn't bring me to any positive results.

Thanks

Hi I'm just expressing my experience like everyone else on the forum. Just because because something is not policy doesn't mean I can't express my experience as you've stated. I did not mean for other to be taken back by my comment. If anything a comment that is of use to me because I have no idea why this has been going on and calling them didn't bring me to any positive results.
    Expressing your experience is perfectly fine! .. As long as you're not making incorrect statements as to cause. Your experience is that you have very low data speeds that 'seem' to happen 2nd week or so of billing cycle and then seem to get better at beginning of billing cycle. You've concluded it's because ATT is throttling you before you reach the threshold. That is not a correct conclusion. You're either reaching the cap and getting throttled or having some other reason for the slower speeds. Throttling is ONLY triggered when a computer tracker of your data usage goes over a 'number'.. Not before. If there's something wrong on Att's end and by mistake it's getting triggered early - its an easy fix on AT&T's end and they'll even offer refund for inconvenience as has happened with me on a different issue. My concern was your implication that AT&T is a bad company because they, at will, throttle people who haven't reached the cap. That's what you were implying - and it's false.

Sorry you're having trouble but it's very easy to fix if there's a technical problem.

Go get it fixed!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Expressing your experience is perfectly fine! .. As long as you're not making incorrect statements as to cause. Your experience is that you have very low data speeds that 'seem' to happen 2nd week or so of billing cycle and then seem to get better at beginning of billing cycle. You've concluded it's because ATT is throttling you before you reach the threshold. That is not a correct conclusion. You're either reaching the cap and getting throttled or having some other reason for the slower speeds. Throttling is ONLY triggered when a computer tracker of your data usage goes over a 'number'.. Not before. If there's something wrong on Att's end and by mistake it's getting triggered early - its an easy fix on AT&T's end and they'll even offer refund for inconvenience as has happened with me on a different issue. My concern was your implication that AT&T is a bad company because they, at will, throttle people who haven't reached the cap. That's what you were implying - and it's false.

Sorry you're having trouble but it's very easy to fix if there's a technical problem.

Go get it fixed!
    This is why I'm always so hesitant to leave comments in forums and threads because there is always someone like yourself quick to try and challenge to prove someone wrong. These are the facts and for whatever reason you just don't want to hear them. My original comment was not to imply anything just to state my experience. They did admit that they were throttling me right from the horses mouth and they also admitted they didn't know why it was kicking in and upon further escalation no one was able to explain why or take the throttling off. Just because a company has a policy doesn't mean they will follow it or that there couldn't be a technical reason for why it is happening. It can be a fact that they have a policy to only throttle after a certain amount of usage and a fact that for some reason it keeps kicking in early for my account at the same time...both of these facts can be true at the same time. I don't know if you're an AT&T fanboy or a troll but either way this is my last reply. Go get a real hobby and stop heckling commenters in threads telling them what they can and can not do and denying the facts as if you're on my account or made the call to AT&T with me. You're just simply wrong, get over it. Since you have proven with each reply to be anything but helpful I will no longer spend my time going back and forth with you. Thanks for a whole lotta nothing.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ilikemyrealname For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (12-02-2012)

Thanks

This is why I'm always so hesitant to leave comments in forums and threads because there is always someone like yourself quick to try and challenge to prove someone wrong. These are the facts and for whatever reason you just don't want to hear them. My original comment was not to imply anything just to state my experience. They did admit that they were throttling me right from the horses mouth and they also admitted they didn't know why it was kicking in and upon further escalation no one was able to explain why or take the throttling off. Just because a company has a policy doesn't mean they will follow it or that there couldn't be a technical reason for why it is happening. It can be a fact that they have a policy to only throttle after a certain amount of usage and a fact that for some reason it keeps kicking in early for my account at the same time...both of these facts can be true at the same time. I don't know if you're an AT&T fanboy or a troll but either way this is my last reply. Go get a real hobby and stop heckling commenters in threads telling them what they can and can not do and denying the facts as if you're on my account or made the call to AT&T with me. You're just simply wrong, get over it. Since you have proven with each reply to be anything but helpful I will no longer spend my time going back and forth with you. Thanks for a whole lotta nothing.
    I am not a 'fanboy' of AT&T at all. I just know when someone, "on these forums" is 'exaggerating' their experience and trying to cast aspersions on a company that has 'contractual' agreements with its users and willing to required to uphold those agreements - and that by breaking them - they could get sued.

If the 'bad and wrong' AT&T won't keep their agreement with you - just change companies. Or talk to a 'supervisor' and their supervisor and their supervisor until you get things changed. Your problem can be solved. But rather than solving it - you just seemed to want to come here and "get an audience". You have only 7 posts on this forum. "WHO" the "troll" is here - is clear. Please take your negativity elsewhere. Or take some time to get to know people here before you start calling them names. Please don't bother to reply - as your intent is now abundantly clear.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I am not a 'fanboy' of AT&T at all. I just know when someone, "on these forums" is 'exaggerating' their experience and trying to cast aspersions on a company that has 'contractual' agreements with its users and willing to required to uphold those agreements - and that by breaking them - they could get sued.

If the 'bad and wrong' AT&T won't keep their agreement with you - just change companies. Or talk to a 'supervisor' and their supervisor and their supervisor until you get things changed. Your problem can be solved. But rather than solving it - you just seemed to want to come here and "get an audience". You have only 7 posts on this forum. "WHO" the "troll" is here - is clear. Please take your negativity elsewhere. Or take some time to get to know people here before you start calling them names. Please don't bother to reply - as your intent is now abundantly clear.
    I promised myself I wouldn't reply but this is getting ridiculous. What I have shared is 100% the truth and I did not exaggerate in any way. I don't understand why you have gone to such great lengths to try and prove otherwise. It was just a simple comment explaining my experience like everyone else, nothing more. I never called you names I simply said I didn't know if you were either, you could be something other than the two things I listed. All I know of you is that you are simply refusing to understand the facts that have been going on with my account and keep giving me grief over it. Where did you get 2nd week from or get off telling me I can't make a comment because it's against AT&T's policy? Then if you're next post give me permission to. I can't just switch companies like you are suggesting because I have to fulfill my end of the contract. You know all these things about AT&T yet don't get that? This is really confusing why you decided to pluck me from the thread and harp on my comment. I do only have a few posts here because of people like yourself so quick to point a finger and wanna just go back and forth over and over again. This is my experience with AT&T if you wanna except that or not. I will call again but I don't always have a few hours to kill getting transferred all over the place. Really, everything I've said is the case for me. I'm sorry it bothered you so much, trust me it bothers me a whole lot more. There is nothing else left to say. I've stated my facts, you are refusing to believe them and that's your choice but keep it to yourself. It is helping no one that you keep heckling me. If I get time to call them soon and hopefully this time resolve it with them I'll post back the results, until then I'm un-subbing from this thread because this is getting completely out of hand.

Thanks

. If I get time to call them soon and hopefully this time resolve it with them I'll post back the results, until then I'm un-subbing from this thread because this is getting completely out of hand.
    Trust me, Ilikemy, get on the phone and get this worked out. It's a simple, very fixable problem for AT&T. Just please stop 'preferring' to consider them a bad company - when it's just a fluke. Hundreds of thousands of their clients don't ever experience a throttle until they exceed the limit. Your situation is a complete fluke. Get it fixed - Merry Christmas.

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,398 Times in 6,354 Posts

Well it's nice to know that you like to disagree with others besides me. I'm still not sure why you picked to call him out either. I guess you've been appointed to some kind of BS monitor around here.

Let's face it, we all know that AT&T sucks! What I love the most is that I can say that freely. If you disagree, good for you. But let's not tell people that they are lying or embellishing or whatever term you want to use. Last I checked, this is an open forum that anyone one can voice their opinion on. He wasn't mean, nasty, disrespectful or condescending. He just stated his story.

Keep up the good work patrolling these threads for such horrible posters. You can also keep your pagan greetings to yourself, as it greatly offends me!

Happy holidays!
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by holyshnikes View Post
    I'm in the same boat as you. I've been with Cingular/AT&T a long time and never really had any issues. The only thing that really got to me was when I preordered my 4s. It took way to long to ship to me and people in my area were just walking in the store and buying one without waiting at all. I've never really had a problem with the service though. In fact many times I have great service while my Verizon coworkers do not. +1
    iPhone availability has nothing to do with at&t, its all apples crap, so in reality u had not issues with att b/c u shouldn't blame apples availability on att.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Well it's nice to know that you like to disagree with others besides me. I'm still not sure why you picked to call him out either. I guess you've been appointed to some kind of BS monitor around here.
    There you are, King. Right on cue - jumping into any fight that's against NewDes. You're predictable. I'll give you that! LOL!!!

Let's face it, we all know that AT&T sucks!
    Nonsense.

What I love the most is that I can say that freely. If you disagree, good for you.
    AGREED!

But let's not tell people that they are lying or embellishing or whatever term you want to use. Last I checked, this is an open forum that anyone one can voice their opinion on. He wasn't mean, nasty, disrespectful or condescending. He just stated his story.
    People 'embellish' in these threads ALL the time. Especially the ones that are comparing company to company. It's human nature to want to say - company A (sucks) because they did 'x' to me. You clearly heard the poster refer to not even really trying hard to get the situation resolved. I know 'exaggerated speak' when I read it, King. I've been on forums for over 20 years. This was a 'I only tried a little and then gave up' story. I can't stand exaggeration or casting aspersions on a company when you're not even willing to try hard to get a problem resolved. I've talked all the way to the VP of customer relations one time with a Best Buy product that was giving me trouble. Got it resolved. You just need to be courageous enough to get it done - rather than coming to a written forum, that the company will never read - and blather on about implying that a company "by their policy" does something the do NOT. The poster said "AT&T throttles BEFORE the limit is reached". That's a fallacy when referred to as if it's policy. I already admitted that the poster has a 'unique' situation (if it's happening) and one that can get resolved. For sure.

Keep up the good work patrolling these threads for such horrible posters.
    I just call it as I see it, King. As you do - all the time.. (and then tell us -- "well I don't know why you're reacting to me so..") LOL!! I really do very much appreciate your tech input to the forum, King. Your imperious attitude just makes me laugh sometimes. I know, I know -- you feel the same about me. Peace!
    You can also keep your pagan greetings to yourself, as it greatly offends me!
    Please educate yourself with some Wikipedia. Only the 'tree' part of Christmas is the 'pagan' ritual. "Christmas itself" celebrates a 'historic' event that no sane individual denies happened.

Happy holidays!
    To you too, my contrarian friend!
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 12-03-2012 at 08:03 AM.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12