Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Rumor: Apple to Start Selling Unlocked iPhone 5 Tonight

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,482 Times in 568 Posts

Default Rumor: Apple to Start Selling Unlocked iPhone 5 Tonight

The biggest rumor in the realm of iPhone 5 news at the moment is that Apple will begin selling the unlocked iPhone 5... tonight.

Sources close to Apple's purported plans indicate that the unlocked iPhone 5 will be available around 9:00 pm with an unconfirmed but expected price range of $649 (16GB), $749 (32GB), and $849(64GB).

Future plans call for Apple to sell the unlocked phones at retail stores as well, but for now, the availability of these unlocked iPhones from Apple will be limited to the company's official website. We are told, however, that unlocked iPhone 5 units are already inbound for retail stores.

For now, it seems the best part about this rumor is that we won't have to wait long to see if there's any truth to the matter. If the unlocked devices turn up online later this evening on Apple's website, we'll know the rumor mill got another one right.

Source: 9to5Mac

They have being selling unlocked iPhone 5 for a while I personally have purchased numerous of them. The apple personal won't tell you they are unlocked but they are. Keep in mind I am referring to the AT&T models.

Quote Originally Posted by franijose View Post
    They have being selling unlocked iPhone 5 for a while I personally have purchased numerous of them. The apple personal won't tell you they are unlocked but they are. Keep in mind I am referring to the AT&T models.
    Same here. I bought my 4S for full price and was told its not tied to any network, walked out, then went to sprint to activate it. I bet my iPhone 5 (also paid full price) is the same.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,561 Times in 7,112 Posts

About time, guess they were waiting for supply to catch up to demand first.

Quote Originally Posted by franijose View Post
    Everything I find about those unlocked att models is they still require some kind of service plan. I just want the phone not stupid att.
    Hmm...

My iPhone is a Part of Me Cmds187's Avatar
    Thanks

Been waiting

exNavy. What do you mean? Since you are buying the phone at the regular price you don't need to add any service to it. You can do whatever you want with it and use any carrier you choose.

It is official. Just checked in the website and it gives you the option to buy the phone unlock.

att lists a no commitment iphone 5 but says ""*2-yr and no commitment pricing require voice agreement with qualifying monthly data plan required." Sounds like you still have to get service to me. Either way I don't care, I'm getting it from apple. Having to do anything with att is even worse than getting a root canal. I hate dealing with their reps on the phone and their stupid scripts, and their annoying transfers (and they have the nerve to ask you before they transfer you if they have been helpful or not).
    Hmm...

Quote Originally Posted by exNavy View Post
    att lists a no commitment iphone 5 but says ""*2-yr and no commitment pricing require voice agreement with qualifying monthly data plan required." Sounds like you still have to get service to me. Either way I don't care, I'm getting it from apple. Having to do anything with att is even worse than getting a root canal. I hate dealing with their reps on the phone and their stupid scripts, and their annoying transfers (and they have the nerve to ask you before they transfer you if they have been helpful or not).
    1000s of times worse in store.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Cmds187's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes it was up at 9pm yesterday apple store app

Yeah just yesterday there started, I'm thinking cause sale has drop. S3 is beating the 5 in sale think on it. Apple losing the king of the hill