+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: EA Releases Need for Speed Autolog iOS App

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
EA and Activision have been working closely together to push for companion iOS apps for their biggest console games recently. These aps include the Call of Duty Elite app and
    Thanks

Default EA Releases Need for Speed Autolog iOS App

EA and Activision have been working closely together to push for companion iOS apps for their biggest console games recently. These aps include the Call of Duty Elite app and another for Medal of Honor Warfare as well. The two seem to be at it again by creating and releasing another dedicated app for another franchise, this time for the Need for Speed series. The racing game series previously released a stat-tracking system called Autolog, which now has a dedicated iOS app to browse and follow up on stats and awards earned with the system.

By download the free app, users can browse through their friends list and see what everyone is up to. Here you can check out your own profile and see what stats and awards you’ve earned, hear about upcoming Need for Speed news, and even check out a map from the latest game; Need for Speed: Most Wanted. Both EA and the developers at Criterion have been working on building the Autolog service quite a bit since its release and the app provides a direct lien right into everything that the service keeps track of.

The app is quite a unique take on companion apps and we’re likely to see further tie-ins in apps like this in the future as well. Online services such as Autolog continue to be a big driver for the big publisher games recently and releasing iOS apps is just another way to keep fans engaged with the games and therefore the franchises. Are any of you NFS fans going to be trying the app out?

Source: App Store via TUAW

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

iPhone? More like MyPhone Airwaves182's Avatar
    Thanks

EA sucks. I bought nba jam (iOS game) over a year ago and never got an update! Only good games they do is madden and bf3.

iPhone? More like MyPhone WithinTemptationFan's Avatar
    Thanks

EA,please stop making video games.kthanxbai

Thanks

Although I'm not a fan of EA, I bit the dust and bought NFS: Most Wanted for the Xbox 360. Being a big fan of the Burnout series AND the old school arcade style NFS games, I was not disappointed. I understand not everyone may agree and to each his own but the game is awesome and I'm kind of excited to see what additional features are added to the Autolog app for the iOS platform going forward.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WithinTemptationFan View Post
    EA,please stop making video games.kthanxbai
    EA doesn't make most of the games. They are mostly the publisher. There are several developers that make the games.

But yes EA's games put on Appstore hardly ever get updated.

Quote Originally Posted by Akshay Masand View Post
    Although I'm not a fan of EA, I bit the dust and bought NFS: Most Wanted for the Xbox 360. Being a big fan of the Burnout series AND the old school arcade style NFS games, I was not disappointed. I understand not everyone may agree and to each his own but the game is awesome and I'm kind of excited to see what additional features are added to the Autolog app for the iOS platform going forward.
    I like the mix of the burnout series with NFS. Before Criterion Games took over the NFS series it went way downhill. I have been playing the NFS series since the start.
    Last edited by Cer0; 11-29-2012 at 11:42 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cer0 View Post
    I like the mix of the burnout series with NFS. Before Criterion Games took over the NFS series it went way downhill. I have been playing the NFS series since the start.
    I agree! Criterion saved the day but I've always been a fan of racing games so I usually enjoy them regardless. The only thing I don't like in NFS: Most Wanted is the open world aspect sometimes. I know most new racing games are making a turn for an open world aspect (ie. Burnout Paradise and now NFS: Most Wanted) but sometimes I just want to race without the fluff, similar to what NFS: Hot Pursuit 2 was like back in the day along with all the previous games.

Twitter: @AkshayMasand