Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple's iTunes Remote App for iOS Updated to Version 3.0

Default Apple's iTunes Remote App for iOS Updated to Version 3.0

Following today’s iTunes 11 update for Windows and Mac OS X, Apple has also pushed out an update to their iTunes Remote application for iOS to version 3.0. The update includes support for the new features in iTunes 11, an updated and simplified interface that shows the latest iTunes 11 icon, and a better interface on the iPad.

If you’ve never used the Remote application before, it allows you to pair your iOS device with your iTunes library and control music from your computer using your iOS device. It’s great for parties and get-togethers where you may have music playing and it works over your home Wi-Fi network so you can be anywhere in your house to use it.

The new interface on the iPad looks almost exactly like the iTunes 11 you’ll be seeing on your computer screen. From it, you can browse through your Music content, create playlists, manage your volume, and control your music. Song search has also been improved.

Remote 3.0 also includes support for iTunes 11’s new “Up Next” feature, which allows you to see and edit upcoming songs; perfect for when you see an upcoming song that you don’t feel like listening to, as you can switch it to something else you actually do want to listen to.

In addition, songs you have in iCloud and not on your computer can also be played from your computer through iTunes 11, as this is a new feature included in iTunes 11.

Existing users can update Remote from the Updates tab in the App Store, alternatively you can download Remote for free from this link.

Sources: App Store
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 11-29-2012 at 02:30 PM.

I have tried the Remote App with 2 different iP4's, 1 iP4S, and 1 iPad2. There is a problem using the Remote App with Jailbroken Apple tv's. Everytime I open the new Remote App to connect with one of my Apple TV's, the Apple Tv starts a reboot loop. Both Apple Tv's are on 5.0. Both work fine with the previous version of the remote App. If anyone can test the Remote app with a Jailbroken Apple Tv, please let us know if you have any issues.

Just updated the remote app on my iPad 4 iOS 6.0.1 before reading this post...almost passed out then decided to check it on my jailbroken AppleTV 2 on iOS 5.0.2 (4250). I can safely report that all is fine so far...have watched a couple of trailers and checked my Netflix...and all's good!
    Phew!!!
    Last edited by iLaw-One; 11-29-2012 at 04:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mustard05 View Post
    I have tried the Remote App with 2 different iP4's, 1 iP4S, and 1 iPad2. There is a problem using the Remote App with Jailbroken Apple tv's. Everytime I open the new Remote App to connect with one of my Apple TV's, the Apple Tv starts a reboot loop. Both Apple Tv's are on 5.0. Both work fine with the previous version of the remote App. If anyone can test the Remote app with a Jailbroken Apple Tv, please let us know if you have any issues.
    Mine works fine on an iPhone 5 and a jailbroken ATV2. Same with a jailbroken iPad 2.

Quote Originally Posted by ruffian View Post
    Mine works fine on an iPhone 5 and a jailbroken ATV2. Same with a jailbroken iPad 2.
    What firmware is your ATV2 on?

Thanks

They took their damned time with that update

Quote Originally Posted by mustard05 View Post
    What firmware is your ATV2 on?
    5.0.1 (4224)

Thanks

Just tried home sharing and remote for the first time yesterday... I was at my house all day tidying up, had my girl's iPad mini and my iPhone rigged up with remote, home sharing on and my 250 gig music library to browse through... DAMN! I was in heaven! No matter where I was, in or around the house, I either had my iPhone, the iPad mini or the computer to choose what was next in my brains jukebox... There were a few features or basic controls that I felt were lacking but I don't wanna complain... The remote display on the iPad mini was beautiful... I wish I could truly express how happy remote, home sharing and iTunes 11 made me yesterday... I was so stoked that instead of going with my girl to town for the day/night to cruz, I just stayed home so I could play DJ for myself all day/night while still being mobile... Gotta lotta laundry, ironing, general house cleaning and organizing done... All while enjoying on the move control of my beloved music collection... 🙏Thank you 🍎 and every👨 & 👩 (hopefully no &#128118 that made all of the technology and software over the ages to make this all possible! Special shout out to the mother earth for providing the resources and raw materials to make all this tech gadgetry... Extra special shout out to all musicians whose music I've bought for creating a never ending sound track to my life...