+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Fantastical Calendar App Available for iOS - it Looks Fantastic

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Fantastical Calendar App Available for iOS - it Looks Fantastic

If Apple ever took the initiative to remodel their Calendar application for iOS, I would sure love to see it look something like this. Fantastical is a calendar management application that's now available for iOS in the App Store, beginning today, for an introductory price of 50% off at $1.99.

Fantastical uses just the right color scheme, a great-looking matte interface, fun graphics and animations, and allows you to view events in calendar view or day view. As you can see in day view, your events not only show up in text at the bottom of the screen, but they also show up in the dates above the text as color-coded bars that are intelligently sized to match the times of the events. Switching between day and calendar view is done with a downward swipe gesture.

When you add events, by tapping on the '+' button at the top right, you’ll be able to key in the name of the event and choose the timeframe for the event. As you key in the name of the event, a great-looking animation of the letters being punched in appears and really spices up the application’s interactivity.

You’ll be able to set your events for specific locations, choose a timeframe (or all day), repeat the event, choose an alert for the event, sync the event with Apple’s Calendar app, and add any URLs or notes that you want to the event for later viewing.

Fantastical for iOS certainly impresses on its first day of release, but there is no iPad version of the application just yet – only an iPhone version. If you're planning on grabbing it, you should do so before the price doubles. You can grab it from this link.

Sources: App Store
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 11-29-2012 at 10:18 AM.

Thanks

You want a basic calendar to look "great"? At a minumum, include multiple indicators for events on each day in the month view. Could be icons or text based. But when a calendar in month view shows one little indicator that something is happening, it fails the basic requirement test.

My iPhone is a Part of Me ProfessorJack's Avatar
    Thanks

Hi there Ant

I've just installed it on my iPad 4 and iPhone 5

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ok I downloaded and can't get the welcome screen to go off. What to do?

Duh, tap on blue button!
    Last edited by tricko; 11-29-2012 at 12:11 PM.

Thanks

Works ok. I replaced my Week Calendar app with it, seems to be fine. All of these calendars work off of the native one, so info stays in the phone no matter which one you choose. Interface seems nice enough, and it lets me use my custom keyboard (unlike Week Calendar). It's a bit more colorful as well. No real issues so far.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

No rolling events, no textexpander, no autocolors based on text strings, no action menu, no duration picker...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post

look iphone 7 yay

I know, I'm not trolling just couldn't help my self.
    Hit the thanks button if I helped in any way