+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Chrome Update Adds Passbook Support and Opening PDFs in Other Apps

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Chrome Update Adds Passbook Support and Opening PDFs in Other Apps

Google Chrome for iOS is one of the most popular third party Web browsers for the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. Today, Google has updated the Web browser to version 23.0.1271.91 with support for Passbook, giving you the ability to save Passbook files to Passbook to be used later on.

Additionally, the update brings users the ability to open PDF files in other applications on your iPhone, such as Dropbox and Adobe Reader, just to name a couple of applications that can open PDF files. To do so, the user needs only to open a Web-based PDF and then just tap on the document to reveal an "Open In..." button that will bring up the iOS 6 sharing interface with all of the applications on your iOS device capable of opening PDF files:

The update to Chrome for iOS also entails a text encoding detection feature in Chrome’s settings panel, which should fix any problems you may have been experiencing with garbled text in the Chrome Web browser. Apart from the new features, the update fixes a handful of bugs and stability and security have also been increased in this version.

Current Chrome for iOS users can grab the update from the Updates tab in the App Store. New users can grab Google’s Web browser for iOS from this link.

Sources: App Store

Thanks

Yep updated mine this morning.
    "You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not"