+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Will.i.am Camera Add-ons for iPhone 4/4S Revealed

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    Thanks

Default Will.i.am Camera Add-ons for iPhone 4/4S Revealed

Following up with the previous report about Black Eyed Peas star, Will.i.am launching a new camera accessory for the iPhone, The Telegraph reports that he has introduced the first batch of “i.am+” accessories. The products are said to be available in contemporary and vintage models for the iPhone 4 and 4S, packing a camera add-on bundled with a slide-out keyboard. Both products are currently said to be launched on December 6th.

The “contemporary” model will be available for £199 and the “vintage” model is said to be available for £299. Here, both models are said to be using the existing iPhone camera while containing interchangeable lenses for standard, fish-eye, and zoom photo capabilities. It was also mentioned that the advanced models for the iPhone 5 are said to come with a dedicated 14-megapixel sensor and flash but won’t be launching until next year.

£299 "Vintage" for iPhone 4/4S

£199 "Contemporary" for iPhone 4/4S

As with many accessories nowadays, both add-ons have companion apps. The following was said about the apps that come with the add-ons:

A companion iTunes app turns the hardware in to what the celebrity calls “a social photo experience”. It will also offer easy access for users to store In their individual i.am account.

As with other apps and accessories, on on-screen controls allow users to change shooting modes, apply real-time filters, control the in-built flash and edit pictures or add caption.
    The new devices are said to be integrating with an online service similar to Instagram, named i.am.
    With the hefty price tag, the success of the accessories remains to be seen.

Source: The Telegraph

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Thanks

And then I threw up in my mouth...

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'm sorry but I can't stop laughing. Some one tell me I did read the the price correctly? Why anyone would spend that much on that shite is beyond me. You could get an amazing point and shoot camera for £300.

I can't help but think this will be an epic FAIL! William do your self a favour, quit the project in fact quit music!

And I hope this wont bastardise photos like Instagram has!

Green Apple
    Thanks

that vintage thing looks legit tits, anyone who would buy one probably doesnt mind the price and its not for the current iphoner

My iPhone is a Part of Me PokemonDesigner's Avatar
    Thanks

This would be good if it weren't for the over-pricing. I could see maybe £150 for the vintage and £75 for contemporary, but £200-£300 is horribly overpriced.

My iPhone is a Part of Me tudtran's Avatar
    Thanks

That is $250 for a contemporary model. It's cool but that is too much for an ugly add-on.

Green Apple
    Thanks

QUE MI3RDA.... lol

Thanks

uhm... it's a camera... not it's a phone.... ladies and gentlemen, I call this the camera phone!!! oh crap someone already made a seamless integration between these two platforms without using a gaudy over priced bulky accessory! it's doomed!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,133 Times in 883 Posts

Yea, no. I will stick with my phones camera to capture spur of the moment candid moments while going through my day. If I am going on a vacation or to an event that I want higher quality pics I will take my camera with me.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Banks4004 View Post
    that vintage thing looks legit tits, anyone who would buy one probably doesnt mind the price and its not for the current iphoner
    lol "not for the current iPhoner"? well that destroys all possibility for sales, considering you have to own an iphone to use the accessory... who do you suspect was their target market and customer base?
    On January 24th, Apple Computer will introduce Macintosh. And you'll see why 1984 won't be like "1984."

My iPhone is a Part of Me fanboyfanboy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by soldoutluck View Post
    lol "not for the current iPhoner"? well that destroys all possibility for sales, considering you have to own an iphone to use the accessory... who do you suspect was their target market and customer base?
    Definitely iPod touch 4G! Oh HELL yeah!! Haha jk no...

Thanks

I love how the big flash lens is just an LED.

Thanks

Maybe the techies wont love this add-on, but in reality it is a great way to get involved with the accessory business. Anybody can put out a phone case, and will.i.am's advertising method with incorporate the accessory with his new website is just plain clever. I am sure that the iPhone users who cant get enough from their photo apps, or just want to have a really unique phone case with added features will go crazy for this.

ESPECIALLY since Christmas is around the corner.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SupaMonkey View Post
    And then I threw up in my mouth...
    Ghetto fabulous but then so again is Will, the guy has no talent whatsoever I wish he would disappear...
    "Don't hold it like that!"

iPhone? More like MyPhone Mc-Lovin_341's Avatar
    Thanks

Lol common sense, brining out a new product for a past generation iPhone... And not the new.

My iPhone is a Part of Me luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

Since there is a new iPhone released every year, why would you sell a product that fits last years iPhone? By that time, consumers move onto the newer offering which most likely will not fit. He's behind before even starting.

Thanks
    I can sum it all up in a word "ROTFLUTS"!
    By the way can anyone answer me why "abbreviation" is such a long word? Answers on a postcard please!
    And the prize for the correct answer is "i.am+" accesory or whatever it is!!! Let's see who's up for this. 😁😜💤

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I smell failure.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Those are really ugly. I would never spend that much money for something that would make my iPhone bulky, heavy, and add a couple of new features to my camera.....totally not worth it. If these are a hit I'll be extremely surprised!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Senyaichiya View Post
    I smell failure.
    Will.I.Am.An.Idiot