+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone, Android Ending BlackBerry's Enterprise Dominance

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Research in Motion's BlackBerry has suffered what must be the most devastating setback of 2012 for the embattled smartphone. It is now projected that the iPhone and Android-powered devices will
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,479 Times in 565 Posts

Default iPhone, Android Ending BlackBerry's Enterprise Dominance

Research in Motion's BlackBerry has suffered what must be the most devastating setback of 2012 for the embattled smartphone. It is now projected that the iPhone and Android-powered devices will replace BlackBerry as the top smartphones for enterprise around the world before the end of this year.

Since its inception, BlackBerry has been the leading "enterprise choice." But with each passing year, BlackBerry has seen its leadership position slip. And now, sadly for RIM, BlackBerry is poised to lose its dominance with its longstanding core market. That's according to IDC.

"BlackBerry continues to be the gold standard for security," IDC said, but added that reduced consumer and developer interest "hinders its viability going forward."
    RIM, of course, maintains that good days are still ahead for BlackBerry. After all, two new BlackBerry 10 smartphones are set to arrive January 30th. But that doesn't erase the lingering, persistent, and increasingly grim problems facing the smartphone.

Just last week, MMi confirmed that BlackBerry has also lost the U.S. National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) as users. It's simply the latest of a growing number of government agencies that have dumped BlackBerry for either Android devices or Apple's iPhone.

With the enterprise community now turning to Android and iOS devices more consistently than RIM's BlackBerry, some analysts think RIM's predicament may be far more grave than previously anticipated.

Source: ComputerWorld

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

That picture made me smile.
    Poor blackberry.

Thanks

yeah, hate you RIM

iPhone? More like MyPhone Airwaves182's Avatar
    Thanks

That's what happens when you don't change and become stale... Hmm I wonder who is doing that now?? 🍏

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Airwaves182 For This Useful Post:

PokemonDesigner (11-28-2012)

iPhone? More like MyPhone runey71's Avatar
    Thanks

Work gave me a Blackberry. Bloody horrible phone. Hard to type on (no physical keyboard, just touch). Everything is too small and most of the time the wrong buttons get pressed. Worst thing is that if you forget to lock the screen when you make a call then your ear or cheek ends up pressing all sorts of buttons by accident. Hate the bloody thing lol

Thanks

Sad to; my First Smartphone was the BB 8310 which basically propelled me into the Smartphone world. Shame they can't seem to Find that Niche.

iPhone? More like MyPhone rockyseay's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves182 View Post
    That's what happens when you don't change and become stale... Hmm I wonder who is doing that now?? 🍏
    Lol!! It does look familiar. I remember when Rim use to refuse to make changes and now look at them. Hopefully, Apple will not fall victim to such idiotic strategies.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thats what happens if you hold onto small screen with a keypad..no software improvement and product innovation

Atleast they could emulate samsung and copy other products that are leading in market share..that should giv em a boost... Lol

Green Apple
    Thanks

Blackberry is just boring

Thanks

That's what happens when you don't change and become stale... Hmm I wonder who is doing that now??
    No it doesn't. Look at Porsche. Been releasing the same car for years, sometimes it's called 911, others it's called New 911. Actually sometimes it's even called Panamera or Cayenne.

Thanks

Ahh..the times of companies being able to "stay the same" and dominate are over. Evolve or go home is the new motto haha! Love the pic btw..take a bite out of crime? haha

My iPhone is a Part of Me PokemonDesigner's Avatar
    Thanks

I completely agree with the above quote. This "other" company needs to step up their game or face a similar fate.