Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Facebook Now Selling iTunes Store Gift Cards Through Facebook Gift Platform

Default Facebook Now Selling iTunes Store Gift Cards Through Facebook Gift Platform

Facebook users can now purchase iTunes Store digital gift cards through the company’s Facebook Gifts platform.
    Starting today with Facebook Gifts, you can instantly gift your friends iTunes digital gifts and recommend albums, movies, games, apps, and more available on the iTunes Store.

Search for a specific song or album to recommend, or let your friend decide. iTunes digital gifts are available for $10, $15, $25, or $50. — Facebook
    The new service makes sending a gift card incredibly easy likely saving many an absent-minded friend from birthday embarrassments. The new partnership will give increased visibility to the iTunes store and add to the estimated $260 million business surround iTunes Store gift cards according to All Things D.

Per Apple’s last 10-K, the company generated $7.5 billion from the iTunes Store during fiscal year 2012. Industry sources say that more than $2 billion of that revenue comes directly from iTunes gift cards. Sources also tell us that existing retailers who sell iTunes gift cards (like Best Buy, Target and the like) usually keep around 13 percent of each gift-card dollar sold.

So that adds up to around, say, a $260 million-dollar market size for physical iTunes cards split among participating retailers, of which Facebook will now be an active participant. That pie is small compared to Facebook’s overall revenue ($3.71 billion in 2011), but another digital product with less overhead and high demand is definitely a win for Facebook’s Gifts department.— All Things D
    Despite the rocky history between the two company’s, their latest partnership is more proof that the latest Facebook integration in iOS 6 and OS X is more than a one-off fluke.

Source: AllThingsD [via MacRumors]
    Last edited by thetoothfairy; 11-26-2012 at 09:39 PM.

Your first sentence uses the past tense "purchased" instead of purchase.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mustard05 For This Useful Post:

thetoothfairy (11-26-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by mustard05 View Post
    Your first sentence uses the past tense "purchased" instead of purchase.
    Go pick a nit elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Senyaichiya View Post
    Go pick a nit elsewhere.
    Are you seriously attacking me? I was just letting the writer know. As a writer I would want to know when I have made a mistake. Especially if I know thousands of people will probably be reading the article.

You need to relax playboy!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Senyaichiya View Post
    Go pick a nit elsewhere.
    What do you mean
    He is only correcting an error that im sure the writer would gladly accept...

Crapple +FB?=0
    Only 1 will win?

Quote Originally Posted by DaLsim View Post
    Crapple +FB?=0
    Only 1 will win?
    There can only be one. Lol