+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Just Landed App Makes Airport Travel a Breeze

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
There are a handful of travel apps for users in the App Store but none with the unique perspective brought to you by Just Landed. The app is not meant
    Thanks

Default Just Landed App Lands in the App Store to Make Airport Travel a Breeze

There are a handful of travel apps for users in the App Store but none with the unique perspective brought to you by Just Landed. The app is not meant for the traveler but instead for the person picking up the traveler from the airport instead. The app tracks a flight that someone you know will be arriving on and sends you an alert when it’s time to go to the airport. It also tells you information that will come in quite handy for the trip to the airport, such as flight delays and automobile traffic on the way. Furthermore, the app also connects to Apple Maps and shows you the best routes to the airport.

The whole idea behind the app is quite terrific and definitely something unique. The developers even go above and beyond by giving you the option to let the app text the person you are picking up when they arrive and if your starting location changes, the app recalculates your arrival time based on the changes as well.

As with any good app, there are always some flaws as well. Alerts from Just Landed are quite obnoxious as they make the sound of a jet engine. Users aren’t given the option to change the sound but are given the option to turn alerts off if preferred. Turning the alerts off isn’t exactly always the best idea though unless you constantly want to check the app, which can get tedious for some.

Overall, from the clean and simple GUI design, to the functionality behind the app, it seems the developers put a lot of thought into Just Landed. For those who frequent trips to the airport often, it’s a no brainer as you’ll get a lot of use out of it. Useful information to point out before you take the dive and purchase the app, it currently supports U.S. and Canadian airports with supposedly more locations to come. The app also requires iOS 5.0 or later and for iPhone 5 users, you’d be happy to learn that the app is optimized for your device. Last but not least, the app currently costs $0.99.

If you get the app, let us know your opinion in the comments below!

Source: App Store via TUAW
    Last edited by Akshay Masand; 11-23-2012 at 04:00 PM.

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

The app "landed" on May 31st 2012. Wonder why it's in the News now?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
    The app "landed" on May 31st 2012. Wonder why it's in the News now?
    great awesome app! i was lucky enough to get it when it was available for free! even offers to send a text when you get to the airport so the person who landed knows youre there

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Great idea. I've found myself scouring flight apps when I was due to pick up a friend from the airport. This seems well laid out, though I'm not sure I'm asked frequently enough to warrant paying anything.