+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T Begins Selling Refurbished iPhone 5 With Smaller Price Tag

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default AT&T Begins Selling Refurbished iPhone 5 Units for $100 Less

If you want to save some money on an iPhone 5 by paying $100 less than you usually would, then buying refurbished instead of new is an option. AT&T is just beginning to offer refurbished versions of the iPhone 5 starting at $99 for the 16GB model and working its way up: $199 for 32GB and $299 for 64GB.

With the iPhone 5 being so new, chances are that any refurbished unit is going to be in great operating condition. That being said, it should work like new and should look like new too. It could be worth looking into one if you have to do some family shopping for the holidays, since it would save you a lot of money in the long run if you were to buy more than one.

The refurbished iPhone 5 units are only available from AT&T online, however they are available in every storage size and in every color. You will also have to sign a two-year contract with AT&T to get the iPhone 5 at this price, however the shipping is free.

You can access all of AT&T's refurbished iPhone 5 choices from this link.

AT&T also sells refurbished iPhone 4S units starting at 99 each. The iPhone 4S is still a perfectly capable iOS device, although lacking LTE, and could also be a great option as a gift this holiday season.

EDIT: The price of the refurbished iPhone 5 has been increased to $149 for the 16GB model, $249 for the 32GB model, and $349 for the 64GB model.

Sources: AT&T via 9to5Mac
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 11-24-2012 at 09:54 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

Southern128 (11-23-2012)

Thanks

Damn should of waited and bought my iPhone 5 reb! I bought mine about 2 weeks ago oh well.
    "You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not"

Green Apple
    Thanks

Mod edit: language!
    Last edited by thetoothfairy; 11-24-2012 at 03:36 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I just ordered an iPhone 5. Pretty big disclaimer in the confirmation email about the order being on hold until "all units are received", I'm hoping that doesn't mean I have to wait for long. Thanks!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by c0dy View Post
    I just ordered an iPhone 5. Pretty big disclaimer in the confirmation email about the order being on hold until "all units are received", I'm hoping that doesn't mean I have to wait for long. Thanks!
    I just bought one as well and I got the same thing my card hasn't been charged as well. I wonder if we'll have to wait 2-3 weeks to get them.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MXCO View Post
    Damn should of waited and bought my iPhone 5 reb! I bought mine about 2 weeks ago oh well.
    Maybe you should HAVE!?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bmwraw8482 View Post
    Maybe you should HAVE!?
    Too bad I bought another either way lol

Thanks

I ordered a 32 gig just last week,smh

Green Apple
    Thanks

I bought my first iPhone3G as a refurb, worked perfectly until iOS4 came out. This deal would be a bit sweeter if there was a jailbreak for the 5.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,428 Times in 4,281 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tayman View Post
    This deal would be a bit sweeter if there was a jailbreak for the 5.
    We still have a VEEERY long wait for that my friend. Devs haven't even shown a real JB on their own ip5s yet let alone getting something ready for public. This is going to be the longest wait of any JB to date and indicative of future OS JB problems. Apple's just getting too good with their code AND hiring our devs for salaries they can't refuse...
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Jj2345 (11-23-2012)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    We still have a VEEERY long wait for that my friend. Devs haven't even shown a real JB on their own ip5s yet let alone getting something ready for public. This is going to be the longest wait of any JB to date and indicative of future OS JB problems. Apple's just getting too good with their code AND hiring our devs for salaries they can't refuse...
    If thats the case I'll stick with my 4s on 5.1.1. Can't beat the tweaks.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MXCO View Post
    Too bad I bought another either way lol
    i think he was just being a mod edit: language!
    Last edited by thetoothfairy; 11-24-2012 at 03:38 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Eagleye's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow... this sucks. Any way of returning my iphone 5 to apple for money back and picking a refurb up at AT&T for the discounted price? lol. Im still within Apple's 30 day return policy.

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleye View Post
    Wow... this sucks. Any way of returning my iphone 5 to apple for money back and picking a refurb up at AT&T for the discounted price? lol. Im still within Apple's 30 day return policy.
    Did you buy from Apple or AT&T?

From Apple, you'd have that 30 day privilege to return. From AT&T, you would only have 14 days to return.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Colwood's Avatar
    Thanks

Went to Rogers got 16gb black slate for 79$ he said It was 0 but whatever .. Least it's new.

Thanks

I couldn't have said it better.thats why I'm staying on iOS 6 til further notice

Thanks
    Thanked 8,428 Times in 4,281 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jj2345 View Post
    I couldn't have said it better.thats why I'm staying on iOS 6 til further notice
    But that's why I'M staying on 5.1.1 Jailbroken...

But those of us on 5.1.1 staying put until there's an iOS 6 jailbreak don't want to get caught with an ip5 with too NEW a version of 6.x.x.. So we should buy an iP5 pretty soon (before 6.1 comes out) with 6.0.1 on it and then shelve that bad boy until the jailbreak comes out. That's what I'm gonna do soon.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 11-23-2012 at 06:43 PM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Jj2345 (11-23-2012)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Colwood's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Colwood View Post
    Went to Rogers got 16gb black slate for 79$ he said It was 0 but whatever .. Least it's new.
    Yep went back and it was free I know you guys are talking AT&T but still I haven't heard of anywhere offering the same thing they didn't even post online

Green Apple
    Thanks

Its not that Apple hired them at a price that they could not refuse, they could probably make more money in donations from jailbreaks, let alone charging people for their exploits if they really wanted to. I think what you meant is that Apple presented him(comex) with an opportunity he couldnt refuse. And yes, thats probably the reason that they are having such a hard time to get a stable jailbreak out there. But they do have it jailbroken, I will also remind you that the 4S jailbreak wasnt released until Christmas time, so this time last year everybody was still waiting on a jailbreak.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I don't know where you got the 99 dollar price tag from, it's $149 for the black, and the white both in 16GB, which is typical of Apple's refurb's being 50 bucks cheaper. So, this is slightly misleading.