+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New Modern Combat 4: Zero Hour Dev Diary Shows Off Multiplayer, Weapon Customization

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Modern Combat 4: Zero Hour is Gameloft’s next step in making a great console-quality first person shooter in the mobile world of gaming. Gameloft always continues to impress with each
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,043 Times in 765 Posts

Default New Modern Combat 4: Zero Hour Dev Diary Shows Off Multiplayer, Weapon Customization

Modern Combat 4: Zero Hour is Gameloft’s next step in making a great console-quality first person shooter in the mobile world of gaming. Gameloft always continues to impress with each sneak peak of the game, such as the Dev Diary 1, and today they’ve released the Dev Diary 2, which shows off multiplayer gameplay and 3D weapon customization.

The video shows us the amazing graphics that the Modern Combat series is known for. The multiplayer gameplay brings us two great game modes that are popular, such as zone control, and 'barebones.' The game's developers also explain that there is a new multiplayer engine.

Interestingly about each of the zones in zone control mode, should your team capture them, they will provide your team with special effects such as additional ammo, or continuous radar scan. These key items should make the gameplay much more fun and challenging for players. In the barebones gameplay, your job will be simply to reach a certain amount of kills and the first team to reach that number will win.

If you liked being able to choose from a diverse weapons arsenal in the older Modern Combat games, then you’re going to be impressed by the way Modern Combat 4: Zero Hour delivers choices for weapons. Not only can you choose the weapon, but also you can customize the weapon with different muzzles, grips, sights, shoulder stocks, and much more. Your customization choices will be animated in real time in a 3D environment so you can see what the gun will look like as you customize it.

Modern Combat 4: Zero Hour promises to be out this Fall for all iOS devices and even Android devices. For a mobile-friendly YouTube link that works with our app, you can tap on the YouTube link below:

Sources: Gameloft
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 11-22-2012 at 12:26 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Mc-Lovin_341's Avatar
    Thanks

Can't wait!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks

Awesome stuff! Wonder how it would run on an iPhone 4.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

May be "Console quality" but no where near console control. No physical controls will not make this as fun.

Thanks

There is a physical controller that is available for use with ios devices in some gameloft games. MC3 and MC4 are both compatible with the controller.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ohthatguyagain's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cer0 View Post
    May be "Console quality" but no where near console control. No physical controls will not make this as fun.
    +1

My iPhone is a Part of Me mustard05's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree. I wont even waist my time with iOS games any more because of a lack of physical controls. I have a couple of the MC and I have never made it past the first levels. LOL

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mustard05 View Post
    I agree. I wont even waist my time with iOS games any more because of a lack of physical controls. I have a couple of the MC and I have never made it past the first levels. LOL
    Y'all sound like little girls, I like to compete I don't care about controls. If its live I'm there I play any game where there's competition! Y'all should stick to playing to Atari and using flip phones LOL!
    "You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MXCO View Post
    Y'all sound like little girls, I like to compete I don't care about controls. If its live I'm there I play any game where there's competition! Y'all should stick to playing to Atari and using flip phones LOL!
    A bit childish don't you think? I for one think he made a valid point. For example I have Fifa on my PC and mashing my keyboard and mouse isn't exactly what I'd call "Fun" to say the least. The moment I plug a controller into my USB reminiscent to that of my PS3's it's brilliant. IMO apple should just make a standard, small controller include away for developers to easily translate touch screen input to controller input as easily as possible, call it the itroller (you see what I did there) and sell it at a ridiculous price. Oh and it should also be of a two-tone colour like the ip5 :P

11. The Following User Says Thank You to aidanharris For This Useful Post:

BadJ3d1 (11-23-2012)

My iPhone is a Part of Me Mr. Russian's Avatar
    Thanks

There is a physical controller that is sold by gameloft that is compatible with this game...
    CHECK OUT THIS AWESOME THEME
    Windows Vista
    Follow me on Twitter - Mr_Russ1an

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Russian View Post
    There is a physical controller that is sold by gameloft that is compatible with this game...
    I know there are controllers but still not to interested in gaming on iPhone. I usually take my Vita on things that I think I will have moment to play.

Thanks

Why bother when I can use my macbook or xbox?

Thanks

Why bother when I can use my macbook or xbox?
    One is aimed for home entertainment, while one is aimed for gaming on the go. It's really no comparison.

If you're sitting in a doctor's waiting room, you're probably not going to be hooking your Xbox up to the TV in the waiting room. Not to mention the inconvenience in having to clench onto a MacBook, whereas the iPhone will just plop into your pocket.
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 11-23-2012 at 01:37 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    One is aimed for home entertainment, while one is aimed for gaming on the go. It's really no comparison.

If you're sitting in a doctor's waiting room, you're probably not going to be hooking your Xbox up to the TV in the waiting room. Not to mention the inconvenience in having to clench onto a MacBook, whereas the iPhone will just plop into your pocket.
    If I'm sitting in a doctors room in not going to bust out a controller for my iOS device ether. I will get down on some "bike race" or Real Racing.

I wonder of anyone has made a "game companion" for ios devices. Then I could use a ps3 controller with Bluetooth. That's what I do with my Mac.

Thanks

Or you could get used to the touch controls as I have. They're easy to get used to. I even get ridiculous kill streaks on the online multiplayer part.

I don't see why people are afraid of change? No one liked the idea of multitouch gestures to right click on a Mac over using a mouse either.

Touch is the future.
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 11-23-2012 at 04:47 PM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

BadJ3d1 (11-23-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Or you could get used to the touch controls as I have. They're easy to get used to. I even get ridiculous kill streaks on the online multiplayer part.

I don't see why people are afraid of change? No one liked the idea of multitouch gestures to right click on a Mac over using a mouse either.

Touch is the future.
    You are right, people are afraid of change. And again you are right, it is the way of the future.

Anthony, I would like to see these "touch controls" you are talking about. Since this is ModMyi, I employ you to do a right up. Make a vid. Something like that doesnt seem bad if I could push it to my TV. I would love that. I hate dealing with my xbox.

Thanks

Touch controls still is not a key for hardcore gamers. The mix that Vita does is done well because movement in a 3D space works best on hardware controls not screen controls because fingers can slide on a screen but on an analog stick they stay on the analog stick.

Sorry but a "hardcore" gamer here and tried many, many iOS apps that use an directional pad on the screen and it just does not compare to pyshical buttons.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Mr. Russian's Avatar
    Thanks

You are right, people are afraid of change. And again you are right, it is the way of the future.

Anthony, I would like to see these "touch controls" you are talking about. Since this is ModMyi, I employ you to do a right up. Make a vid. Something like that doesnt seem bad if I could push it to my TV. I would love that. I hate dealing with my xbox.
    When you play the game there is a virtual joystick to move around and a button to shoot. You don't need a video to figure it out...
    CHECK OUT THIS AWESOME THEME
    Windows Vista
    Follow me on Twitter - Mr_Russ1an

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. Russian For This Useful Post:

BadJ3d1 (11-23-2012)

Thanks

Touch controls still is not a key for hardcore gamers. The mix that Vita does is done well because movement in a 3D space works best on hardware controls not screen controls because fingers can slide on a screen but on an analog stick they stay on the analog stick.

Sorry but a "hardcore" gamer here and tried many, many iOS apps that use an directional pad on the screen and it just does not compare to pyshical buttons.
    That is correct.

So far the only thing that I have tried is the Logitech d pads that use suction cups to stick to the screen. They worked great for games like Geometry Wars. With games like NOVA not so much. In fact the constant movement keep breaking the plastic d-pads and I had to buy a couple more. I gave up on that.