+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T Reportedly Begins Enabling FaceTime Over Cellular for Customers

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by TristianLyons1022 Still no data + calling at the same time right? That's what I thought. Oh, you're paying twice as much as me? That's what I thought.
    My iPhone is a Part of Me fanboyfanboy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TristianLyons1022 View Post
    Still no data + calling at the same time right? That's what I thought. Oh, you're paying twice as much as me? That's what I thought. Vagizon sucks.
    Data throttling, Slower speeds. Horrible tech support, dropped calls due to bad service, congested networks. I could do this too. I didn't bash AT&T. I just stated I like Verizon better. You sound a little butt hurt

PS. Last time I checked, my plan is actually cheaper than my friends on AT&T. The plans are comparable in price FYI

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,406 Times in 6,005 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    And unlike Anthony reports in the article -FaceBreak no longer works - at least not on 5.1.1 4S.. Cydia states incompatible.
    Try "3G Unrestrictor5" it will do the job for ya.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Anthony Bouchard (11-22-2012)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Breezy215's Avatar
    Thanks

Nothin' in Philly yet.
    I'm in Philly... Works for me!

Thanks

This is good news for none jailbreakers but for the jailbreak community, what's new. We already had this a couple of years ago and this only add support for FaceTime over 3G. What about apps that require wifi to be used. So in the long run, jailbreakers will end up using 3g unrestrictor or another tweak similar to that. Apple always trying to steal ideas from jailbreak tweaks like they come up with it them selves.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I'm in north of GA with unlimited data iphone5 6.0.1 and NO facetime in cellular. Reboot isn't working at all ;(

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fanboyfanboy View Post
    Data throttling, Slower speeds. Horrible tech support, dropped calls due to bad service, congested networks. I could do this too. I didn't bash AT&T. I just stated I like Verizon better. You sound a little butt hurt

PS. Last time I checked, my plan is actually cheaper than my friends on AT&T. The plans are comparable in price FYI
    I agree with only one of your points - dropped calls. I haven't gone past 3 gb so have never experienced throttling. I get 25 mbps on LTE. I dont think that's slow. What's your LTE speed? AT&T has unlocked my 3G, 3GS, 4, 4S. Plus I've never paid more than $200 for any iPhone including 5. Never paid upgrade fee or activation fee. I can get to a live person in under 30 seconds. How about u?

mod edit/comment removed
    Last edited by blkcadi; 11-23-2012 at 12:54 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,527 Times in 4,320 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Breezy215 View Post
    I'm in Philly... Works for me!
    What works? This thread has now started to talk about 2 things - LTE availability or unrestricted 3G for FaceTime. Which are you saying is working in Philly for you? And on what phone and iOS?

Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
    I've been with AT&T for 9 years and they'll suck my d1ck if I tell em to.
    Now THAT'S service!
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 11-22-2012 at 07:16 AM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

My iPhone is a Part of Me fanboyfanboy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
    I agree with only one of your points - dropped calls. I haven't gone past 3 gb so have never experienced throttling. I get 25 mbps on LTE. I dont think that's slow. What's your LTE speed? AT&T has unlocked my 3G, 3GS, 4, 4S. Plus I've never paid more than $200 for any iPhone including 5. Never paid upgrade fee or activation fee. I can get to a live person in under 30 seconds. How about u?
    I'm a heavy data user, I have the 4 GB data plan from Verizon which I almost Max out monthly, so I would be throttled on AT&T, I didn't say slow, I said slower, I average 30-35 MB/S on LTE. But where I'm located (suburbs of twin cities) my 2 friends who have i5's on AT&T just got LTE last week. I've had it since I got the phone. With unlocking, I've never even tried to unlock my phone because I have never gone anywhere in which I needed to. I've paid $300 for ever iPhone because I get the 32 GB model always, but the activation fee or upgrade fee I've never been charged for. I just always extend my contract another 2 years and get all those fees waived. And when I said tech support, Verizon has shipped me numerous replacement phones at no charge if/when I crack my phone get water damage etc. And I do not have that insurance plan from Verizon and I also do not have apple care. With the last statement, if you had some hot representative suck you off. Man all props to you I would be jealous, that's A+ customer care .
    Last edited by blkcadi; 11-23-2012 at 12:55 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Breezy215's Avatar
    Thanks

What works? This thread has now started to talk about 2 things - LTE availability or unrestricted 3G for FaceTime. Which are you saying is working in Philly for you? And on what phone and iOS?

Now THAT'S service!
    I have an i5, my Wife has the 4s & my son has the i4. Both my Wife & I are running iOS 6.0.1 & my son is on 6.0. We chose AT&T because they're the only service provider that works underground. We're all able to FaceTime with each other at anytime, though the FaceTime calls do tend to freeze/drop while I'm underground on the train sometimes(mainly i guess because it switches from LTE to 4G repeatedly)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VBLUE42 View Post
    Its a very stupid question.
    It's not because if your not on iOS 6 it means your on iOS 5 (or maybe below but that's irrelevant just stick with me here) which means you can jailbreak. As you may or may not know jailbreakers have had Facetime over cellular since what feels like forever...

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by srchino View Post
    Working for me here in Berkeley CA, iPhone 5 with unlimited data
    I spoke to soon, now is disabled damn you AT&T

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Just got disabled for me too. It showed as enabled for iOS 6.0.1 on iPhone 5 yesterday and now it's disabled with the same lame prompt when I try to enable it.

Ill try a reboot.

Nope. Still disabled. Major bummer!
    Using and jailbreaking iPhones since 2007.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

For all the people Jailbroken on IOS5

There is no need to install any app from Cydia, just a simple edit to the .plist in Springboard.app solves this, see here:

How to Enable Native FaceTime Over 3G Feature in iOS 5

Also, Reboot after the edit (it doesn't state that in the instructions)
    Last edited by djmelee; 11-22-2012 at 08:28 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jamesgunaca View Post
    Just got disabled for me too. It showed as enabled for iOS 6.0.1 on iPhone 5 yesterday and now it's disabled with the same lame prompt when I try to enable it.

Ill try a reboot.

Nope. Still disabled. Major bummer!
    Yep, same thing here (when I was actually going to use it)... I'm hoping that they did it because they didn't want to have the sudden huge spike from thanksgiving traffic.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by djmelee View Post
    For all the people Jailbroken on IOS5

There is no need to install any app from Cydia, just a simple edit to the .plist in Springboard.app solves this, see here:

How to Enable Native FaceTime Over 3G Feature in iOS 5

Also, Reboot after the edit (it doesn't state that in the instructions)
    Strong warning to everyone - the above method does not work reliably for everyone and caused a boot loop for several and a bricked phone for another person. 3G Unrestrictor Tweak is way better and safer for $3.99.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    When I read this here last week, I rebooted; and the switch was toggleable. I was so happy!

Now, the switch is back off and gives me the usual message when I touch it. What gives?

64gb iPhone 5, unlimited AT&T plan.

Thanks

Is this still working for those that were able to turn it on? Anyone else having any luck turning theirs on? I've been trying periodically and still get the pop-up to call AT&T when I try.

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,328 Times in 722 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Browning151 View Post
    Is this still working for those that were able to turn it on? Anyone else having any luck turning theirs on? I've been trying periodically and still get the pop-up to call AT&T when I try.
    Same here I keep getting denied

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Browning151 View Post
    It was on initially when the news was announced then a day after it went back to off. Enabling it only give the same old pop-up telling you how to contact ATT.

Thanks

Does anyone know if Philadelphia has LTE with AT&T yet?

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123