Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T Reportedly Begins Enabling FaceTime Over Cellular for Customers

Green Apple
    Thanks

Working for me here in Berkeley CA, iPhone 5 with unlimited data

I just did a reboot on my iPhone 5 and I now have facetime. So it's working in the Bay Area

Okay i thought it was strange that one time i tried on accident and it was working over my grandfathered unlimited data

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

FaceTime is now enabled for me, I didn't even have to switch the slider! iPhone 5 - AT&T Unlimited Data Plan - San Francisco

I had checked FaceTime just earlier this week and it was still disabled (tried enabling and got the typical error message). I was having issues connecting to the network yesterday so rebooted my phone; upon reading this article this morning I went to settings and FaceTime was enabled already.

I wasn't eager to get this feature but it will be interesting to see how it performs on LTE.

Confirmed working on AT&T unlimited. After reboot

mine is working now, i5, ios6, unlimited family data plan. thanks att!

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,702 Times in 723 Posts

Well I'm grandfathered unlimited and my buttons show I'm enabled. Just haven't tested yet. All my buddy's are at work lol. I'm in the Central Valley Cali

Quote Originally Posted by Gamemaster77 View Post
    It's not a "nice gesture" at all. It's what they should have been doing all along. You're paying for the data so you should be able to do what you want with it.
    Exactly right.

P.S. This is AT&T we're talking about. This company sometimes shifts positions due to market pressures, but it doesn't ever make nice gestures.

For those that say it works what OS you on. 6.0/6.0.1 ? I'm just not going to upgrade from 6.0 untill a jailbreak is available

My iPhone is a Part of Me Trooper Sam's Avatar
    Thanks

South Orange County, So Cal, no go on unlimited iPhone 5 in LTE coverage.

Orlando FL, have 6.0.1, iphone 5 unlimited data. Just rebooted iphone and its now enabled on LTE. havent tried to use it yet since im at work. Will report back later.

On iPhone 5 grandfather unlimited iOS 6.0... Waiting for JB ... In south FL no luck after 3 reboots

It looks like a bunch of major cities. And LTE users. Can we confirm this. Orlando is an hour away from me and its not working for me

Never had to wait as Verizon never blocked it... Ftw

My iPhone is a Part of Me JazJon's Avatar
    Thanks

It's not working for me yet in San Francisco.
    My iPhone 5 is grandfathered unlimited
    My 2nd family plan iPhone 5 is on a 3GB plan
    I tried the reboot methods talked about above, no luck.

Nothin' in Philly yet.

Still nothing in Ocala,Florida but if I do enable it and gives me the popup and reboot it will be turned on but won't work

Quote Originally Posted by fanboyfanboy View Post
    Never had to wait as Verizon never blocked it... Ftw
    Still no data + calling at the same time right? That's what I thought. Oh, you're paying twice as much as me? That's what I thought. Vagizon sucks.

Rebooting on iPhone 5 iOS 6.0.1 3GB data plan isn't working in Seattle, wa. The toggle turns on but after LTE comes up the toggle turns off.
    "You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not"

Quote Originally Posted by TristianLyons1022 View Post
    Still no data + calling at the same time right?
    According to the AT&T rep (I'm retail, we sell AT&T service) Verizon phones that aren't iPhones (only the 5 is LTE) but are LTE can now do data & calling simultaneously, the limitation is in the iPhone...

Oh he also told me that AT&T iPhone 5 shares this limitation when connected via LTE!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast