Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 5 Shipping Times Improve to Only 2 Weeks

Default iPhone 5 Shipping Times Improving to Only 2 Weeks

When the iPhone 5 finally became available in September, the time it took before shipping was a harsh four weeks. The iPhone 5 now has a wait of just two weeks to ship.

The news points to Foxconn finally being able to, slowly but surely, catch up with the high demand for Apple’s new handset – even after recent comments explaining how difficult it had been. Many iPhone 5 units are sure to be a popular gift under the Christmas tree this year, so improved shipping times aren’t anything to complain about this close to the holidays.

With waiting times cut in half, it’s sure to attract more than just holiday shoppers. Those who have been holding out to buy the iPhone 5 in hopes that they could order it and have it shipped within a reasonable amount of time may be interested in starting to place their orders.

The current two-week wait for the iPhone 5 to ship applies for all storage types, although some have reported the 64GB model to have shipped much faster since it is the least-in-demand version. Consumers have also reported that buying straight from the carriers has also been quicker than ordering from Apple.

There is the possibility that high holiday demand could spur the wait again, so if you want an iPhone 5, now is the time to order.

Sources: Apple via TUAW

Why wait 2 weeks, I just checked my local Best buys they have them instock. Just check a few stores they should have them. This way you can inspect your phone for scratches before leaving the store.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Colwood's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mn30mn View Post
    Why wait 2 weeks, I just checked my local Best buys they have them instock. Just check a few stores they should have them. This way you can inspect your phone for scratches before leaving the store.
    I don't know about you but the only way I want an iPhone 5 is unlocked!! and at the best buy here there is no such thing as unlocked just carrier locked .. No way im paying full price to be locked to a provider.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,540 Times in 7,105 Posts

Not sure why they haven't offered unlocked ones from the apple store yet. Very odd. Last year they offered unlocked ones a month after launch I believe.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Colwood (11-20-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by mn30mn View Post
    Yea, im in Jacksonville FL and every store seems to have them in stock.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Colwood's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks guys I'll have to look into it again.

wow that sucks, I cant believe people still havent gotten their iphone 5's yet

Got mine on launch day. Sold it to my bro 2 days later. I bought the Note 2 on launch day. Traded my bro to get the iPhone 5 back because he wanted the note 2. Lol I can't believe they still haven't caught up in shipping orders.