Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: App Store Now Up to 1 Million Apps

Default App Store Now Up to 1 Million Apps

The App Store is becoming larger and larger each day. Apple recently announced at the iPhone 5 unveiling event that the App Store had more than 700,000 applications available at iOS users’ fingertips to download. These applications range all the way from games to productivity software, and so much more in between.

A Tweet from Appsfire, an application discovery platform, has announced today that the iOS App Store is set to pass over one million applications today, which is astonishingly another 300,000 applications since Apple's last figure in just September – two months ago.

Since the Tweet says 'created apps' this figure most likely takes into account some applications that have been submitted into the App Store, but have not just yet been approved for the public to download. The figure also doesn't include any data from the Mac App Store.

No matter the situation, one million applications is a huge milestone for Apple’s App Store and this is the first of today's application stores to reach such a count.

Sources: Appsfire via TheNextWeb

ya and about 100.000 if even that much apps are usefull

My iPhone is a Part of Me bmwraw8482's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sheon View Post
    Like angry birds and angry birds seasons and angry birds rio and angry birds space and angry birds starwars...

Quote Originally Posted by bmwraw8482 View Post
    Like angry birds and angry birds seasons and angry birds rio and angry birds space and angry birds starwars...
    Lol. I do like the star wars version, but it is a bit redundant. Just a bit.

Android has a way lower number of useful apps lmao

Wow, 100.000 useful maps on my iPhone...

I currently have 105 apps on my iphone.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ohthatguyagain's Avatar
    Thanks

I have 32, including jb apps - one page w 3 folders - very utilitarian... Man. There must be a good solid 250k fart apps in the last 300k of apps...

I wonder how many are clones or have just been abandoned.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Painkiller006's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by regkilla View Post
    Yeah because we both know the App Store is the best place for useful apps lol yeah right. Both the App Store and the Play Store have their fair share of useless apps. To say one has less useful apps than the other is pretty dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Painkiller006 View Post
    To say one has less useful apps than the other is pretty dumb.
    I think what you just said is dumb.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Painkiller006's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by perealb View Post
    I think what you just said is dumb.
    likewise

Thanks
    Thanked 7,951 Times in 1,839 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by regkilla View Post
    Just me, but I'd trade all the app store apps for ROM Manager, and Ti backup, if they gave the same functionality on iOS :P Both stores have their perks and downfalls. I wonder if apple turned around and said "all the cydia apps from default repositories can now be submitted to the app store", what would Jay do? If the app store was perfect, we wouldn't really care if we have a JB or not, but most of us here on iP5, or iOS6 are eagerly awaiting. I hope I don't start anything, as this is just my opinion, and probably a pretty average one at that. Thank you.

Of that mil, people really only see about 0.1% unless they do some searching which could bring that up to oh i don't know like 0.2%

If you are going to compare AppStore to play store keep in mind cydia apps have to be included, because androids are open sourced. They both have incredibly useful and useless apps. But the useful apps are usually made by the same devs for the different devices. I don't think apple has a better AppStore anymore it's more equal now. However if you are going to brag about rom manager keep in mind that's an open source type app. Where it uses system folders etc. so that includes cydia tweaks in those comparisons and I'm sorry but cydia blows androids hack apps out of the water. The devs are much more dedicated and create powerful (malware free for the most part) apps.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,951 Times in 1,839 Posts

^^Agreed. Well put. I may have worded it a bit wrong, for I wasn't bragging, just saying they're both well managed app stores that have their own respective flaws, and benefits. Thank you.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

The App Store does not have a million applications. It's had a million applications submitted. About 1/4 have been rejected. It only has around 3/4 of a million that you can actually download.

Quote Originally Posted by Channan View Post
    The App Store does not have a million applications. It's had a million applications submitted. About 1/4 have been rejected. It only has around 3/4 of a million that you can actually download.
    Rejected apps are not included in this number. What I am not sure is whether they count apps that are no longer in the app store because they've become obsolete or discontinued...

Thanks

No, 10,000 of them are useful. The rest are stupid or undiscovered. All you really have to do to get money is make some sort of p0rn related app. Idk why, but those make it into the top free category all the time