+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'ImmediateSend' Makes it Easy to Quickly Reply to Messages

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default 'ImmediateSend' Makes it Easy to Quickly Reply to Messages

Quick reply for text messaging is something that iOS lacks. There have been many attempts in the past to make text messaging faster and more efficient, like biteSMS and Messages+, but they generally come with large price tags attached. A new jailbreak tweak dubbed ImmediateSend by iOS developer snakeninny allows us quickly reply to text messages without ever leaving the interface you’re in.

As shown above, when you receive a text message banner notification from someone, you can tap on it to bring up a dialog box that lets you input a message, and choose to send it as an SMS or as an iMessage. The dialog box includes a cancel button for closing the dialog box, and a go to SMS button for launching the Messages application so you can see the whole conversation if you want to.

Since the tweak uses a dialog box as the middle-man for sending messages, iOS won’t drag you into the Messages application and you can quickly and easily get back to what you were doing without having to change between applications after you send your message.

ImmediateSend also integrates with the ‘Send Message’ button in the Contacts, Messages, and Phone applications under each individual contact. When you tap on the button, you will get the same dialog box as above instead of the Messages application launching. ImmediateSend will even allow you to tap on notifications in Notification Center as a way to launch the dialog box and reply to a contact that has text messaged you. Lock Screen Notifications are also included in the functionality.

Another great feature of the tweak is that ImmediateSend will send iMessages whenever possible. In addition, any messages that you reply to with ImmediateSend will be marked read as if you had went into the Messages application and read the message.

ImmediateSend doesn’t come with any options to configure apart from enabling and disabling the tweak. The tweak also requires an iPhone and you must be on iOS 5.

For the small 99 price tag, the ability to quickly send a reply message out without the time-consuming application switching is very useful. If you feel like it’s cumbersome switching between applications to have a conversation with someone while you're in the middle of trying to do something, then check this tweak out!

Name: ImmediateSend
    Price: 99
    Version: 1.2
    Requirements: iPhone, iOS 5
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: snakeninny
    Editor's Rating:  4/5
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 11-18-2012 at 04:46 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,546 Times in 3,846 Posts

Can anyone say BiteSMS?? Same thing?
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Not bad for the price, but I'll stick with BiteSMS.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    biteSMS has a similar feature, but it's pretty expensive.

Thanks

Bite isn't THAT expensive and the interface and features made it (and make it) the main reason I jailbreak. I will not go to iOS 6 or an iPhone 5 until I can use it with biteSMS. And with custom theming, it even looks good.

Last edited by mr117; 11-18-2012 at 07:15 PM.

Thanks

BiteSMS is still kinda buggy on ios 5 at times. I may replace biteSMS with this in the meantime.
    Last edited by itsTrentB; 11-18-2012 at 08:21 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Somebody is eager for a revolution, while somebody just want a little change/improvement. For me, the stock MobileSMS.app is quite enough, except what ImmediateSend offers now

Thanks
    Thanked 7,546 Times in 3,846 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by snakeninny View Post
    Somebody is eager for a revolution, while somebody just want a little change/improvement. For me, the stock MobileSMS.app is quite enough, except what ImmediateSend offers now
    ??? Revolution?? What the he** are ya talking 'bout??
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

iPhone? More like MyPhone bigbaba's Avatar
    Thanks

Bitesms has a free version. Plus with bitesms you get the quick compose feature which I think is just as valuable as quick reply.

Thanks
    It is cheap, will give it a try

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

??? Revolution?? What the he** are ya talking 'bout??
    I'm used to the stock MobileSMS.app, so I don't need a REPLACEMENT but some ENHANCEMENT, and that's exactly what I'm talking about. BTW, I do use some other SMS related tweaks, all of which are aimed at stock MobileSMS.app instead of BiteSMS

Thanks

Why can't/aren't this or any of the new tweaks be/being developed or updated for iOS 6? Why are developers still developing on iOS 5? I know many have not upgraded to iOS 6 because of the lack of jailbreak but everybody who owns an iDevice is slowly moving to iOS 6 every day. Not trying to start a riot but just curious as why iOS 6 is not popular right now when it comes to developing.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This needs to be incorporated to work with LockInfo,

I know BiteSMS & iRealSMS work with it, but i don't want a complete SMS replacement i just want to extend the original SMS.app

This would be perfect for the job.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by itsTrentB View Post
    Why can't/aren't this or any of the new tweaks be/being developed or updated for iOS 6? Why are developers still developing on iOS 5? I know many have not upgraded to iOS 6 because of the lack of jailbreak but everybody who owns an iDevice is slowly moving to iOS 6 every day. Not trying to start a riot but just curious as why iOS 6 is not popular right now when it comes to developing.
    It's merely because iOS 5 is the latest untethered jailbreak and because newer iOS devices have no jailbreak for iOS 6 at all.

Watch how the tides change when newer iOS devices get their first iOS 6 jailbreak.