+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ballmer: Apple is "Too Controlled" and "Too Expensive"

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    That's not a very good argument. Just to be able to buy Mountain Lion, you have to have either dropped £1000+ on your Mac in the last few years or purchased it second hand. Not to mention, it's an upgrade price. The £45 price tag, while still an upgrade, will run on a budget £200 computer AND Microsoft is happy to extend those upgrades to owners of pirated copies of 7, Vista or XP (they came out and said this). Let's not forget also that the OS is almost completely rebuilt, whereas OSX upgrades you are paying for a handful of added features. Windows gives you far more bang for your buck.
    Of course this is just your opinion. It all comes down to personal preference. I think Windows gives you far more problems for your buck. I like W7 but W8 isn't that great, definitely not worth the upgrade to me. Apple sometimes does upgrades like Leopard to SL and Lion to ML but Leopard and Lion were rebuilt.

If I had to choose between the three I would put Apple first, Android second, and WP third. Not that I don't like WP, I just prefer the other two over it.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Slim J View Post
    Well does Ballmer realize that the UI of the Windows Phone looks like it was designed by a 5 year old. I played around with a Windows Phone 7 but I have yet to play with the 8. All I can say about WP8 is with animated tiles and all of them being a different size will seem chaotic. I may try and play with a WP8 next week if I can
    Steve Wozniak seems to think otherwise.

Wozniak loves his Windows Phone: Apple co-founder calls mobile OS ‘beautiful’ - GeekWire

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I have to agree apple is controlling and android is uncontrolled. However windows is not in the sweet spot..

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I prefer Android for its customization options, iOS for its simplicity and smooth looks, and Windows Phone for a perfect example of a bad UI.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I used to think Apple was too controlling. But if Steve Ballmer just said that, I realize now that I must have been horribly wrong.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Airwaves182's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Slim J View Post
    Well does Ballmer realize that the UI of the Windows Phone looks like it was designed by a 5 year old. I played around with a Windows Phone 7 but I have yet to play with the 8. All I can say about WP8 is with animated tiles and all of them being a different size will seem chaotic. I may try and play with a WP8 next week if I can
    Chaotic? You must have a brain of a 5 year old then. O.e

iPhone? More like MyPhone hapishyguy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DampDesigns View Post
    The Nokia Lumia 920 is selling for $99. Walmart had it for $50. That's quite a bit cheaper than $199. Regardless of price though, Apple has plenty of fanboys that will take more than a low price to get them away from Apple. Microsoft's biggest dilemma is apps, not price.

And as far as the Windows 8 vs. Mountain Lion... I'm very disappointed with the Mountain Lion update on my Macbook Pro and would gladly say it's not worth the upgrade. Windows 8 however is a complete system upgrade. Not saying it's worth it either but at least you can visually see some big changes.

Don't hate on other products just because they're not the products you adore.
    I totally agree. I have Windows 8 and its beautiful. Its a lot different and yet the same as windows 7. I have had iPhone since it came out until 4S but dont get me wrong,,, its nothing much of a difference. Its time to move to another platforma nd next phone is Nokia Lumia 920.

Read this

Co-founder of Apple, Steve Wozniak worried Microsoft is more innovative than Apple | Windows Phone Central
    Last edited by hapishyguy; 11-16-2012 at 11:26 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default you can't turn that around dude
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamemaster77 View Post
    I can turn that around and say Anything Apple sucks. See how pointless that statement is?
    I have both the operating systems. windows does suck when it comes to usability. hanging is another problem that ha plagued windows since eternity and microsoft's done nothing to fix it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kalpesh78 View Post
    I have both the operating systems. windows does suck when it comes to usability. hanging is another problem that ha plagued windows since eternity and microsoft's done nothing to fix it.
    I can do everything I need to quite easily on Windows. Maybe you have a cheap $500 dollar computer with Windows, I've had no problems with it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alluziion View Post
    Microsoft's Core Market...

Microsoft Windows 8: £45
    OS X Mountain Lion: £15

Also, the Windows 8 phones are not going to be that much cheaper than the iPhone. Steve talks through his ***, he just needs to accept the fact that Microsoft were late entering the market and have to pick up the crumbs.
    Apple aren't late to the phone market! It's just they have never been good at making phone software and from what I have seen they still aren't!! And going with Nokia for there main phone maker is a joke Nokia is dead and has been for so long!

iPhone? More like MyPhone ericwall's Avatar
    Thanks

1. People don't like change. Read the studies.
    2. Apple brings slow changes - the majority of their customers like that.
    3. Microsoft brings extreme changes - not many people like that.

You can complain all you want about the iPhone, it still sells better than any other phone.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DampDesigns View Post
    It's a good thing he's an expert on designing hardware and not UIs.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12