+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Google Reportedly Distributed A Test Version of iOS Google Maps App

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by micaiah12 Apple hasn't failed me yet. I live in Montana and with my job I travel a lot. Not once have I got lost. Really? Wow. Maybe
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by micaiah12 View Post
    Apple hasn't failed me yet. I live in Montana and with my job I travel a lot. Not once have I got lost.
    Really? Wow. Maybe they've improved it, because last week I typed in a location that I knew and it literally pointed to the wrong place. Typed the same thing into Google Maps and it pointed to the correct location.

I am in NYC and I travel a bit as well, and I absolutely cannot have Apple pointing me in the wrong direction in a foreign, non-English speaking country. Especially with those tiny little European streets that are barely mapped to start with.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mvangogh View Post
    then i won't download it

i fly over 100k miles/year and rely on gmaps HEAVILY. haven't upgraded from 5 because of it. can't afford to take a chance. i hope gmaps comes out soon and i hope there's no fee.
    It is not $10/mo but $10 for the app.
    If you fly that much and rely on google maps, $10 for the lifetime of the app is not that bad...

My guess is the app would be for free, but they may offer voice navigation for $20/year like the MotionX GPS Drive from Microsoft.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    I didn't say it was hated at all. Only that some were having problems with it.
    Trust me, it is hated.
    Outside the USA it is useless. Satellite images are of such poor quality in lots of areas as to be almost useless. It has no StreetView at all. The data is so inaccurate that, although they can improve it via user updates, so few people are bothering it will take a long time to get anywhere near as accurate as Googles -which itself is improving all the time.

Apple maps is the main reason I won't update my iPad, I hope google maps is released before an app update I really need is for iOS6 only.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Trust me, it is hated.
    Outside the USA it is useless. Satellite images are of such poor quality in lots of areas as to be almost useless. It has no StreetView at all. The data is so inaccurate that, although they can improve it via user updates, so few people are bothering it will take a long time to get anywhere near as accurate as Googles -which itself is improving all the time.

Apple maps is the main reason I won't update my iPad, I hope google maps is released before an app update I really need is for iOS6 only.
    I'm sorry to hear that.
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 11-17-2012 at 09:00 AM.

Thanks

I never upgraded so I could save my jailbreak, I STILL GOT GOOGLE MAPS

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12