+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Facebook 5.2 for iOS Released With Some Much-Needed Features

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Facebook 5.2 for iOS Released With Some Much-Needed Features

Following Facebook’s iOS application update to version 5.1 less than two weeks ago, Facebook has rolled out an additional update to version 5.2 today that adds some new features to the application.

The big focus on this update was certainly bringing the ability to share stories from your news feed on a mobile device. This feature has been requested by users for a long time now, and Facebook has finally delivered the goods. Now when you see a story you find interesting, you will see a new Share link, similarly to the desktop version of the Web site, that you can tap to re-post the story to all of your friends:

According to the change log that shows up from the App Store, the update also brings us Emojis in Facebook messages – those little smiley faces that everyone just loves using to express themselves, the ability to tag your friends in any post, comment, or photo, and finally the ability to sort your news feed using filters.

The problem that plagued many users trying to log into Facebook 5.1 doesn’t appear to be present in Facebook 5.2. That being said, it’s safe to download. To download the update, you can head over the App Store and visit the Updates tab, or you can download the application for free from this link.

Sources: App Store

Green Apple
    Thanks

It's still missing the multiple user login that used to be on the iPad version.

Thanks

Me gusta

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Why in the hell can't we edit/delete a comment left on someone else's comment? At least we use to be able to delete them and write another if you screwed up....can't do either now. Ridiculous that it's not in there as a fundamental feature cause there's always the need..

iPhone? More like MyPhone evolution83's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm still waiting for being able to share with a "custom" audience.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,795 Times in 3,028 Posts

Sick of all the updates. Or at least sick of them changing the file structure. I haven't had a thorough skin for Facebook in ages. Whenever I theme an aspect of it, It changes. Grrrr

Green Apple
    Thanks

Version 5.1 crash when i scroll down on the news feed and now the 5.2 version crash when i open the app -.-" and can't log in!!!
    Seriously!!! What can i do?

iPhone? More like MyPhone regkilla's Avatar
    Thanks

Facebook v5.2 or Bridge cydia tweak caused my iPhone 4 on 6.0.1 to keep going through a bootloop. Kept going to Apple screen had to restore on iTunes

Banned
    Thanks

5.1 crashed sometimes now this one wont even open without crashing

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by edwilk55 View Post
    Why in the hell can't we edit/delete a comment left on someone else's comment? At least we use to be able to delete them and write another if you screwed up....can't do either now. Ridiculous that it's not in there as a fundamental feature cause there's always the need..
    You can, but you have to go to their wall, find the post & delete it from within there.

Or you could go into your 'Activity' on your own page and delete it from there.

But with the caches it stores it still shows on the Newsfeed after deletion....

Thanks

You can still delete what you post. You just do a smaller swipe from left to right. Works for me. Hope that helps

My iPhone is a Part of Me wolverinemarky's Avatar
    Thanks

Finally

Green Apple
    Thanks

About FRACKING time they let us share over a mobile device. I agree though, we still need a better delete feature.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Recently 5.1 has been crashing a lot. Updated to 5.2 and it ask me log in but crashes after signing in.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I don't see a share button. Do you have to be on iOS 6?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xhazex9x View Post
    5.1 crashed sometimes now this one wont even open without crashing
    Yeah.. Same problem too.. Running on 5.1.1 crash when opening app..

I dont whats the cause of the crash, but running on safe mode wont crash facebook app.
    Last edited by sp33downage; 11-15-2012 at 09:11 PM.

Thanks

for those of you having issues with the new version, it's a conflict between the facebook app and your jailbroken firmware. i had this issue a while back on one of my older jailbroken devices. i can almost guarantee that everyone having an issue is running jailbroken firmware. i'm fine on stock iOS 5.0 with an iPhone 5. this is not an issue with the app, it a compatibility issue with the jailbroken firmware or something installed through cydia. your options are to wait for compatibility, or use unofficial channels to restore the facebook app to a previous version compatible with your jailbroken firmware...

Thanks
    Thanked 13,795 Times in 3,028 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by twitchee3 View Post
    for those of you having issues with the new version, it's a conflict between the facebook app and your jailbroken firmware. i had this issue a while back on one of my older jailbroken devices. i can almost guarantee that everyone having an issue is running jailbroken firmware. i'm fine on stock iOS 5.0 with an iPhone 5. this is not an issue with the app, it a compatibility issue with the jailbroken firmware or something installed through cydia. your options are to wait for compatibility, or use unofficial channels to restore the facebook app to a previous version compatible with your jailbroken firmware...
    Your on a i5 on ios5?

Thanks

Im on a jailbroken 5.1.1 on iphone 4 without any facebook crashes.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,307 Times in 1,883 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by twitchee3 View Post
    Am jailbroken on iOS 5.1.1 running FB 5.2 on 4S with no issues...
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor