Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Facebook 5.2 for iOS Released With Some Much-Needed Features

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by anekin007 View Post
    Recently 5.1 has been crashing a lot. Updated to 5.2 and it ask me log in but crashes after signing in.
    I have the same problem. 5.2 does work for me in jailbreak Safe Mode. But not when all tweaks are active. Does anyone know a tweak that can cause the crash?

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,761 Times in 754 Posts

They still haven't done landscape yet when commenting or writing a post like I'm doing right now. ;-( so much easier to type in landscape lol

facing crashes on the iphone 4 running 5.0.1
    app crashes after logging in page..

Quote Originally Posted by manas27587 View Post
    facing crashes on the iphone 4 running 5.0.1
    app crashes after logging in page..
    SOLVED!!

Hey I've had exactly the same problem as everyone else but have sorted it. I don't know what is causing the exact issue, whether Jailbroken or not, although know for sure that on MY iPhone4S running 5.1.1 if I use Facebook 5.1 it crashes ONLY on the news feed and when using Facebook 5.2 it just crashes and won;t even allow me to login. I managed to obtain a copy of Facebook 5.0.1 online and had the same issues.

After hours of searching I have managed to obtain a copy of Facebook 5.0.0 and GUARANTEE that it will work without crashes. I reckon that in the 5.0.1 and later updates, Facebook must have changed something to work differently which has caused nothing but trouble.

I am happy to share the link and have it stored in my Dropbox account by following this link --> https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kkb98wu64in0jgk/4UMjfvUwD6. What I would appreciate for this is people to use this link here to sign up for Dropbox under an email account so I can get more space...--> http://db.tt/rROKgde . I really appreciate it!

Please comment to let me know if it worked for you but I'm positive it will. Just make sure you delete the existing app off your phone AND your iTunes on your computer, then download the Facebook 5.0.0 ipa, double click to add to iTunes then sync your device.

Glad I could help! Let's hope Facebook sort things out, what a nightmare hey!

Thanx facebook for this update...really the sharing option and tagging was mch needed...atleast they are listening!!!

Wel jst one request,please bring back 'via iPhone/iPad' and an apple logo when we post a status or when we upload a pic...thanx...

Quote Originally Posted by gleavek View Post
    SOLVED!!

Hey I've had exactly the same problem as everyone else but have sorted it. I don't know what is causing the exact issue, whether Jailbroken or not, although know for sure that on MY iPhone4S running 5.1.1 if I use Facebook 5.1 it crashes ONLY on the news feed and when using Facebook 5.2 it just crashes and won;t even allow me to login. I managed to obtain a copy of Facebook 5.0.1 online and had the same issues.

After hours of searching I have managed to obtain a copy of Facebook 5.0.0 and GUARANTEE that it will work without crashes. I reckon that in the 5.0.1 and later updates, Facebook must have changed something to work differently which has caused nothing but trouble.

I am happy to share the link and have it stored in my Dropbox account by following this link --> https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kkb98wu64in0jgk/4UMjfvUwD6. What I would appreciate for this is people to use this link here to sign up for Dropbox under an email account so I can get more space...--> http://db.tt/rROKgde . I really appreciate it!

Please comment to let me know if it worked for you but I'm positive it will. Just make sure you delete the existing app off your phone AND your iTunes on your computer, then download the Facebook 5.0.0 ipa, double click to add to iTunes then sync your device.

Glad I could help! Let's hope Facebook sort things out, what a nightmare hey!
    Thats a bit long winded, I just turned all my substrates off and on one by one, iapfree is the culprit for me.

Quote Originally Posted by sp33downage View Post
    Yeah.. Same problem too.. Running on 5.1.1 crash when opening app..

I dont whats the cause of the crash, but running on safe mode wont crash facebook app.
    Delete warez and install it will work fine i had the same issue or it will be another tweak causing the problem :d
    Last edited by blkcadi; 11-17-2012 at 04:01 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to omarhaya For This Useful Post:

sp33downage (11-17-2012)

i mean iPhone 5 on stock iOS 6.0 =)

and i'm not saying it will crash on ALL jb'd devices, i'm saying that it will ONLY crash on a jb'd device. sounds like that add app's mobile substrate extension is the source.

Thanks
    I just updated last night and I haven't encountered any errors. Let's hope it stays that way.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,514 Times in 2,146 Posts

Do u guys get the stupid ads from the MMi app on your jailbroken home screen? I figured out how to stop them with a bit of tinkering.
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

It works fine on iOS 6.0.1 jailbroken. Haven't had any issue of crashing or anything else.

It probably crashes on some devices running iOS 5.1.1 because they are making more apps more compatible with the newer iOS firmware which means some apps will either crash or you won't be able to install until I upgrade to iOS 6.

It works fine on jailbroken devices, just not on those that use wares.

Serves them right.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks, that worked!
    Last edited by 2k1; 11-17-2012 at 05:22 PM.

This thread is full of people who say it doesn't work. Is there one single person who has a problem that isn't a thief?

Jailbreaking is not the problem, being scum is.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    This thread is full of people who say it doesn't work. Is there one single person who has a problem that isn't a thief?

Jailbreaking is not the problem, being scum is.
    in a world where everyone has identical and equal access to opportunities & resources, i would tend to agree with you. but in this world, the line dividing scum & non-scum(?) is a little less defined...

just my opinion

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by evolution83 View Post
    I'm still waiting for being able to share with a "custom" audience.

I agree with you I have been waiting for this as well as hopefully soon!
    - Things I have Jailbroken -
    iphone 3g 8gb
    iphone 4 32gb
    Ipad 1st gen 16gb

- Add me on twitter -
    - Mr_wilson1991 -

The iPhone 5 came with iOS 5? really huh

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12