+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Scosche Releasing a Number of New Lightning Accessories

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    Thanks

Default Scosche Releasing a Number of New Lightning Accessories

As a number of vendors continue to launch unofficial Lightning accessories that support Apple’s newer iOS devices, Belkin previously became the first official vendor to introduce accessories using the Lightning connector and now Scosche announced its own lineup of charging accessories for use both at home and in the car. Many iPhone 5, iPad mini, and fourth-generation iPad owners will find their life being a whole lot easier.

Scosche said the following during their announcement:

Smartphones and tablets are an integral part of our daily lives, but keeping them all charged can create several challenges,” said Kas Alves, Executive Vice President of Scosche Industries. “We designed our Lightning chargers with flexibility in mind. The new line provides power solutions for home and on the go and addresses the varying wattage requirements of our favorite devices, the need to charge multiple devices simultaneously and is capable of powering multiple devices with different connections with the same charger.
    The company’s lineup includes the following products:

- strikeDRIVE 5w ($24.99) and strikeDRIVE 12w ($29.99): Car charger with a single hardwired Lightning cable. The 5w model is designed for iPhone, iPod, and iPad mini models, while the 12w model can charge any Lightning-equipped device.

- strikeDRIVE 12w +12w ($39.99): Car charger with one hardwired Lightning/micro-USB cable supporting up to 12w with a second USB port also supporting up to 12w.

- strikeDRIVE pro 12w + 12w ($49.99): Car charger with two USB ports each supporting up to 12w. Comes with one detachable USB cable with convertible micro-USB and Lightning tips.

- strikeBASE 5w ($29.99) and strikeBASE 12w ($34.99): Low-profile wall adapter for home use includes a single hardwired Lightning cable attached and offers folding prongs. The 5w model is designed for iPhone, iPod, and iPad mini models, while the 12w model can charge any Lightning-equipped device.

- strikeBASE pro 5w + 5w ($39.99): Low-profile wall adapter for home use with two USB ports each supporting up to 5w. Comes with one detachable USB cable with convertible micro-USB and Lightning tips.

- strikeBASE pro 12w + 12w ($49.99): Low-profile wall adapter for home use with two USB ports each supporting up to 12w. Comes with one detachable USB cable with convertible micro-USB and Lightning tips.

- strikeLINE pro ($29.99): Retractable USB cable with convertible micro-USB and Lightning tips.

If you are interested in learning about any of the products more in-depth, hit the source link below. As far as product releases, Scosche hasn’t announced specific launch dates for the new accessories but the company did mention that “some of them should ship prior to CES” in early January.

Are any of you going to be buying any of the accessories?

Source: Scosche via MacRumors

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Maybe I'm reading wrong but 5W does not charge iPad mini...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Dear god. The cost of these accessories is so out of wack. sheesh. No way i'll be buying one

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

The article calls Belkin's Lightning products "official" but others' "unofficial?" It doesn't have to be made by Apple to be "official," which the author seems to know when referring to Belkin. Apple-made cables are 1st-Party official cables; Belkin or Scosche-made cables are 3rd-Party official cables. Because the chip has not been duplicated (which would be the real news if it were), they and all other Lightning accessories are obviously official.

Quote Originally Posted by carlos6438 View Post
    Yes it does. Mine does.
    Last edited by CZroe; 11-14-2012 at 11:35 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

very pricey

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
    The article calls Belkin's Lightning products "official" but others' "unofficial?" It doesn't have to be made by Apple to be "official," which the author seems to know when referring to Belkin. Apple-made cables are 1st-Party official cables; Belkin or Schsche-made cables are 3rd-Party official cables. Because the chip has not been duplicated (which would be the real news if it were), they and all other Lightning accessories are obviously official.
    Just take out "1st-Party" and "3rd-party" out of your responce and that is what the author said!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

One word guys.... Ebay... TONS of cheap lightning chargers and accessories

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i really don't understand why someone would want to buy and take the risk on using some cheap non apple approved lightning charger for their os device. Seriously, you're spending at least $299 + tax for the phone and go with a cheap china aftermarket charger just to save 10 bucks???

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I dont understand why someone would get screwed over so bad paying 30+ for a damn car charger..

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thadkew View Post
    Dear god. The cost of these accessories is so out of wack. sheesh. No way i'll be buying one
    Agreed. but brandname chargers are always rip offs. Just get one on amazon for 2$..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Perceptum View Post
    Just take out "1st-Party" and "3rd-party" out of your responce and that is what the author said!
    Nope. I said that all "other Lightning accessories are obviously official" while they said "a number of vendors continue to launch unofficial Lightning accessories." These are opposing statements.

unofficial != official

My point was that they are ALL "official," be they first party or third. Got it?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by carlos6438 View Post
    iPad mini included the same compact charger as the iPhone. It definitely charges on 5W.

It will not charge on a typical USB port (0.5a * 5v = 2.5W), unless you lock the screen and stop using the device for a while.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
    Nope. I said that all "other Lightning accessories are obviously official" while they said "a number of vendors continue to launch unofficial Lightning accessories." These are opposing statements.

unofficial != official

My point was that they are ALL "official," be they first party or third. Got it?
    Wow, you should really look up the definition of "Official"... Got it?

Thanks

These accessories are all officially-licensed. Got it?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Perceptum View Post
    Wow, you should really look up the definition of "Official"... Got it?
    Nope. YOU need to. These were made according to Apple's rules and guidelines with Apple's chip with Apple certification, blessing, rules, and royalty kick-back (MFi, WWi) These are "official" in every sense of the word.

Since then, truly unofficial cables have showed up on the market. These have clone chips that aren't capable of streaming digital audio with playback data.