Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Sprint Expands 4G LTE Coverage to Nine New Cities

Thanks

Default Sprint Expands 4G LTE Coverage to Nine New Cities

While both AT&T and Verizon are busy battle over network supremacy, Sprint is working on just keeping up. The folks over at PC Magazine report that the third-largest wireless carrier, Sprint revealed that it has begun work on its 4G LTE network in nine new cities. The new expanded markets include the following:

• Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minn.
    • Oakland/Fremont/Hayward, Calif.
    • Key West, Fla.
    • Fort Smith, Ark.
    • Michigan City/La Porte, Ind.
    • Bloomington, Ind.
    • Eau Claire, Wis.
    • Arrdmore, Okla.
    • McAllen/Edinburg/Mission, Texas

The third largest wireless carrier debuted its 4G LTE service in July and plans to have 125 cities on its LTE grid within “the coming months.” As of right now, no more specific dates are being offered by the company. The number is clearly well behind AT&T and Verizon with the latter promising to have its entire 3G network converted by mid-2013. Sprint won’t be able to keep up for sure but it’s trying its best to keep expanding and keep customers content.

Do any of you Sprint users in expanded markets notice improvements in network speeds?

Source: PC Magazine

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Awesome! Will have to turn on 4G at work tomorrow.

So they fire it up in the Twin Cities (Minneapolis/St. Paul) just as ATT starts up their LTE.

Not entirely sure how long ATT LTE in the Twin Cities has been up but when grabbing my iPhone 5 saturday I asked and the guy said they just started rolling it out just recently here.

Glad 4G is expanding on all networks.

(+1 on the Avatar JustBrenden)

No love in the mountain west yet😒

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I'm confused as to why an incredibly small town in Oklahoma gets LTE before any of the larger cities.
    That doesn't really make any sense.
    Member of the hackint0sh forums.
    HowardForums Member: Haas_Dave

Quote Originally Posted by GenesisDH View Post
    I'm confused as to why an incredibly small town in Oklahoma gets LTE before any of the larger cities.
    That doesn't really make any sense.
    Easier to get small population service than cities with millions potentially trying to connect to towers.

But is a little odd/random town. Don't really remember that town much, probably even been through it before. I lived to the west of there growing up.

They need San Jose California!

I'm happy with AT&T LTE in Seattle area I get LTE any where around Seattle.
    "You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not"

I'm pretty happy with my LTE speeds with sprint.

Here's another but this time in the morning. Still fast and don really need these speeds as long as I have 5mbps+ is all good with me. Being with AT&T/Verizon would really suck cause you'll reach your cap in no time. I made 10gb in 17days within a 30day billing cycle And imagine paying for those extra gb's it would be a massive extra $100 to my bill. I say F that. I used to be with AT&T for 5years but they screwed with me by taking away my unlimited data plan for doing something that I didn't even do or touch. AT&T customer service sucks deep doodoo. I recommend being with Verizon/Sprint(If you 3G data towers have been optimized/updated and also if they have LTE towers) Overall I'm satisfy with my switching from AT&T to Sprint over a year ago. I had to deal with slow 3G speeds for months, but now I say the wait was totally worth it.

Why do they keep ignoring Phoenix!?

wooohooo fremont got it yessssssssssssssss

To the "reaching your cap in no time" means nothing with getting faster speeds. You are still most likely using the same browsing patterns you had on 3G except you'll just have the pages load faster.

In other words I haven't hit my cap before and lte will not change that because the site/videos I check out have not magically changed to include more data to take me over with a faster speed.

I just got LTE here in Utah County Utah. With AT&T and I love it

Sprint still sucks here in parts IL, where you can barely get phone service period!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to sammy1977 For This Useful Post:

Airwaves182 (11-23-2012)