+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'Accelerate' Will Let You Manually Control Your iOS Device's Animation Speeds

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
If you remember a useful tweak called ClockWind, the thirteen year-old developer, SuperDev , has removed it from Cydia to make room for a less-buggy, completely re-written tweak called Accelerate
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default 'Accelerate' Will Let You Manually Control Your iOS Device's Animation Speeds

If you remember a useful tweak called ClockWind, the thirteen year-old developer, SuperDev, has removed it from Cydia to make room for a less-buggy, completely re-written tweak called Accelerate. The tweak allows you to manually control just how fast system animations occur on your iOS device. This means you can make a slower iOS device appear faster, or just make a faster iOS device appear faster or slower for fun.

When you install Accelerate, you’ll be able to go into the Settings application and start fiddling around with the many options it comes with:

The first thing you’ll notice is the ability to enable and disable the tweak on demand. Under this, you’ll be able to set your animation speed. Right below that you will find a super block of options that allow you to disable Accelerate in individual system animations. You will be able to disable Accelerate for any of the following individual system animations:

• Opening, closing, and switching applications
    • Opening and closing the App Switcher
    • Opening and closing Siri
    • Icon editing on the home screen and in the App Switcher
    • Taking screenshots
    • Spinning wheel animation
    • Lock screen animations
    • Banner notification animations

When you disable one of these, stock animation speed will be replenished for that specific animation and all other animations will continue to follow suit with Accelerate's animation speed.

In case you were wondering about the choices in animation speed… well, it’s a long list. Some of the animations are humorously named. You can test them all out and see what animation you like the best. The list goes in order from fastest to slowest as you scroll down. "Ferrari," one of the faster animation speed choices in the tweak, is the default speed when you enable the tweak for the first time. No respring is required between changing animation speeds.

According to the developer, Accelerate has support for many generations of iOS devices, including the iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch running iOS 3 to iOS 6. Talk about support!

If your iOS device feels like it's slowing down you should give this tweak a try and see if the animation speeds improvements help to make it feel more responsive. It's completely free and there's nothing to lose from giving it a try!

Name: Accelerate
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.2-1
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: SuperDev
    Editor's Rating:  4/5
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 11-13-2012 at 01:13 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Raybeast's Avatar
    Thanks

Wish I could try this.

Thanks
    This tweak is awesome 😃

Green Apple
    Thanks

Clockwind itself was an awesome tweak, and this revamped version simply pushes the bar. it is tweaks like this that continue to remind me not to upgrade to ios 6 until a jailbreak

Green Apple
    Thanks

Man, this thing rocks. How did the dev do that? My work buddy on his 5 is pissed.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

The thing i dont like about these articles is that, there are already tweaks that have this function. They are free too etc. So why do these get the spotlight just because they came out after tweak reviews were created

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mrteacup View Post
    The thing i dont like about these articles is that, there are already tweaks that have this function. They are free too etc. So why do these get the spotlight just because they came out after tweak reviews were created
    iOS 6 support, more features. The latter is very important.
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 11-13-2012 at 04:34 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,833 Times in 4,436 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mrteacup View Post
    I think I've tried about 80% of the tweaks ever offered on Cydia and none of the accelerators have come even close to this one. Be specific. Which free tweak does a better job than this one?? I don't believe it.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,850 Times in 857 Posts

Props to the young-Dev for making this! I've never been a fan of these tweax, though. It only makes me 'think' my phone is faster when it's actually just the same. I'd rather save my RAM for something useful...

Again, good job to the Dev, though! Respect!

My iPhone is a Part of Me ddonuts4's Avatar
    Thanks

Cool? Yes.
    Original? No. This has been done many times before. I wish devs would focus more on creating new ideas than copying old ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    iOS 6 support, more features. The latter is very important.
    After actually reading the thread I take back my original comments.

I would like to politely request that in the future you could acknowledge past similar tweaks and explain why the reviewed tweak is unique by comparison and thus worth downloading? The comment "why should I download this when I've already got the feature?" is very common.
    Last edited by ddonuts4; 11-13-2012 at 05:07 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ddonuts4 View Post
    I would like to politely request that in the future you could acknowledge past similar tweaks and explain why the reviewed tweak is unique by comparison and thus worth downloading? The comment "why should I download this when I've already got the feature?" is very common.
    Although this is a good idea, I just can't remember every tweak that goes into the Cydia store, especially those with similar functionality. It's easy for tweaks to escape the mind in an infinitely-growing store of possibilities.

We have, however, made it known in this thread that the tweak 'Accelerate' has replaced 'ClockWind' because it was rebuilt from the ground up with more animations and less bugs. This was a courtesy reminder from the developer.

Thanks for the suggestion though!
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 11-13-2012 at 06:07 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Whoa are those iPhone 5's displaying the tweak settings..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

isn't this like fakeclockup?

Quote Originally Posted by babyydaveyy View Post
    Whoa are those iPhone 5's displaying the tweak settings..
    I believe that's the iPhone 8

iPhone? More like MyPhone regkilla's Avatar
    Thanks

This tweak so awesome. Makes my iPhone 4 fly like an iPhone 4S

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i have installed this tweak in my iphone 3g with 4.2.1 and when i go to setting to enable the tweak show me this thing " There was an error loading the preference bundle for Accelerate" any help please ???

Thanks

Not just "appearing" faster it IS faster when switching between already open apps as there are no animations.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,833 Times in 4,436 Posts

This tweak never seemed to look very real to me. You still felt a 'wait time' and then when the switch was to happen - IT, only, went faster. Looked a little too fake to me and didn't really give me the sense of a faster phone. Plus the A6 chip in iPhone 5 is just plain fast. Don't need this tweak anymore.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ABOSWORTH's Avatar
    Thanks

Is this better than speed intensifier?