Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Report Says iPhone 5S Will See Trial Production Run Next Month

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonDesigner View Post
    I can't wait for next year so I can upgrade to the newer (hopefully better) piece of junk iPhone 5 (i.e. iPhone 5s/6).
    Boo Hoo android fanboys
    Jealousy will eat you up inside.

I feel so left behind with my ipod touch 1g

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

I'll stick with my own trend and keep buying each new iPhone as it comes out

Will have to skip the 5S because I highly doubt Apple will ever catch-up to Android, and I hate Android. Sticking with my iPhone 5 until the contract is up, then will upgrade to the iPhone 8S by then.

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonDesigner View Post
    I can't wait for next year so I can upgrade to the newer (hopefully better) piece of junk iPhone 5 (i.e. iPhone 5s/6).
    Will go with u in this 1

iPhone? More like MyPhone Ozzie5374's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tridley68 View Post
    Boo Hoo android fanboys
    Jealousy will eat you up inside.
    I don't think they have ANYTHING to be jealous of.

My iPhone is a Part of Me hitman10's Avatar
    Thanks

why even post this crap.

Thanks

I know the rumors get a bit old but how many times are they wrong? Exactly! So you get a preview and speculation for 10 months..i guess its better than not knowing anything.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,244 Times in 1,382 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
    I'll stick with my own trend and keep buying each new iPhone as it comes out
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Lohand View Post
    Sweet! Darn right the S versions are always better (why I have 3s & 4s). Easy updates for iPhone 5s:

- Liquid Metal Housing (because of scuff-gate and because LM wasn't ready in time for iP5)
    - Lighted Logo notifications, w, y, r, g, b, etc (dreaming past my 4S lighted logo mod)
    - NFC (its gonna happen, at least Apple's version of it, they wont risk falling behind)
    - Bluetooth Mesh capability (this is cake to do and Apple has the stones to do it)
    - 128GB (Apps especially games on iOS are getting richer and larger in size not to mention HD video)
    - WIDGETS in iOS6 (they know iOS needs to evolve past reliable, safe, and boring "Toyota Camrization")
    - Finally, an INFORMATIONAL LOCK-SCREEN and not like the fake IntelliScreen X either!

Moral? "Fools Rush in". Just sayin...
    You've pretty much nailed my wish list except for a quarter inch wider screen. But that's beyond a long shot.

Sweet! Darn right the S versions are always better (why I have 3s & 4s). Easy updates for iPhone 5s:

- Liquid Metal Housing (because of scuff-gate and because LM wasn't ready in time for iP5)
    - Lighted Logo notifications, w, y, r, g, b, etc (dreaming past my 4S lighted logo mod)
    - NFC (its gonna happen, at least Apple's version of it, they wont risk falling behind)
    - Bluetooth Mesh capability (this is cake to do and Apple has the stones to do it)
    - 128GB (Apps especially games on iOS are getting richer and larger in size not to mention HD video)
    - WIDGETS in iOS6 (they know iOS needs to evolve past reliable, safe, and boring "Toyota Camrization")
    - Finally, an INFORMATIONAL LOCK-SCREEN and not like the fake IntelliScreen X either!

You've pretty much nailed my wish list except for a quarter inch wider screen. But that's beyond a long shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Sk8r4life66 View Post
    I feel so left behind with my ipod touch 1g
    1G? Good lord. You SHOULD feel left behind. But hey, if it still works...

Quote Originally Posted by ronfin44 View Post
    Will have to skip the 5S because I highly doubt Apple will ever catch-up to Android, and I hate Android. Sticking with my iPhone 5 until the contract is up, then will upgrade to the iPhone 8S by then.
    Catch up? Apple is ahead. Very few handsets actually run Google's latest iteration of Android. Most of them are stuck on older versions on obsolete hardware. Hell, Androids market share is built on giving phones away with outdated versions of the OS. My iPhone 5 got stolen on Halloween and I had to use a Razr Maxx HD for the last 2 weeks. Loved the screen size and the battery life was like a night and day improvement over the iPhone (or most Android phones), but the OS was terrible. Having more capabilities doesn't always translate into more functionality. The stupid thing had 3 separate apps for phone, address book, and voicemail. Android is the Windows of the phone world. Big market share. Very flexible. Always infuriating. I would kill for a larger iPhone with that kind of battery life though. Thank God I got my new iPhone in the mail yesterday. Android was driving me nuts.
    Last edited by claustin; 11-13-2012 at 01:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
    I'll keep my trend going with 3G, 3GS, 4, 4S, 5...
    Hey if you got it like that word. I gotta wait till upgrade. Kids, wife plus crappy job = subsidized price please!

Quote Originally Posted by Mrteacup View Post
    Same.

I feel like its still to early to assume apple will keep adding the s. Like i dont feel that its something apple plans on just doing every year if they do it again I can see its a pattern but i feel its too early to assume it is a trend.
    I'll go caseless if its not called 5s.

Default Iphone 5S/6

Lets not forget that apple did acquired AuthenTec ,AKA FingerPrint technology so that can be in the mix as well .. hmmm who knows when they'll take advantage of that.
    Last edited by MOLUV; 11-13-2012 at 01:33 PM.

Would be nice if they did a 6 month release.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Tperry's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by claustin View Post

1G? Good lord. You SHOULD feel left behind. But hey, if it still works...

Catch up? Apple is ahead. Very few handsets actually run Google's latest iteration of Android. Most of them are stuck on older versions on obsolete hardware. Hell, Androids market share is built on giving phones away with outdated versions of the OS. My iPhone 5 got stolen on Halloween and I had to use a Razr Maxx HD for the last 2 weeks. Loved the screen size and the battery life was like a night and day improvement over the iPhone (or most Android phones), but the OS was terrible. Having more capabilities doesn't always translate into more functionality. The stupid thing had 3 separate apps for phone, address book, and voicemail. Android is the Windows of the phone world. Big market share. Very flexible. Always infuriating. I would kill for a larger iPhone with that kind of battery life though. Thank God I got my new iPhone in the mail yesterday. Android was driving me nuts.
    Actually if you had looked the phone app has recent and contacts in it. Visual voicemail is a separate additional fee application on Verizon Android phones, unlike the built in iPhone free one. Most just use regular voicemail and when notified of it in the notification bar swipe down and select it and the system connects the phone to you normal voicemail (*86 for Verizon). IOS still drives me nuts after I go back to it after using my S3 running Cyanogenmod 10 Stable (Jelly Bean) . It's all in what you get used to. One thing nice about Android is the ability to run a custom ROM and get the real Android experience without the overlays the manufacturer places on them and dump the crap are the carriers place.
    Not a waterboy for Android OR Apple.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shigh View Post
    Hey if you got it like that word. I gotta wait till upgrade. Kids, wife plus crappy job = subsidized price please!

I'll go caseless if its not called 5s.
    Why do I hear this so much? You should be eligible for an upgrade every year. You don't have to wait for your contract to expire to get another subsidized phone. That's the whole idea. They keep you upgrading and extending the contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Shigoroku View Post
    Why do I hear this so much? You should be eligible for an upgrade every year. You don't have to wait for your contract to expire to get another subsidized phone. That's the whole idea. They keep you upgrading and extending the contract.
    Yea. Should be is not the same as am Or however that goes. Anyway im not and its ok. I appreciate ur apparent concern. Lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12