Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 37 of 37

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Sn0wbreeze Gets iOS 6.0 & iOS 6.0.1 Support

  1. #21
    iPhone? More like MyPhone rvance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    106
    Thanks
    26
    Thanked 50 Times in 25 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by PoEtikly View Post
    I think that the people that have their noses in the air and complain that there's no A5/A6 jailbreak available for ios 6.x should think about the hard work that the devs put into finding these exploits. Sure they get donations but it's not like they charge for all the hours they put into finding/creating these jailbreaks. Perhaps try taking a look at what you need to know to be able to do what they do. It's not at all easy and these devs are smart as hell. Cut them slack or find the exploit and create the tools to implement the jb yourself.
    +2000000000
    Amen my friend!!!! Could not have said that any better.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by mori View Post
    what i find sad is. that all this JB are for older phones the ones that are no longer been supported by apple or are on the verge of not been supported.

    maybe they should stop making JB's for this phones and concentrate on the NEW,,, they have the iPad 3/4/mini and iphone 5.

    otherwise it can be said that JB its dead as of now.
    I kinda agree. Can you imagine the sale of more iphone 5s if the only jailbreak was for the iPhone 5?

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Probably after more iOS 6 exploits are found and a tool can be updated or built upon these exploits. It takes time and it's not exactly "easy."
    yep. I swear people that are just getting into the jailbreak game have no patience. they really havent seen how long we've had to wait for jailbreaks before and when it comes down too it. You dont need a jailbreak for your phone! its convenient and helpful but you dont need it! Really just be patient....

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mrteacup For This Useful Post:

    itsTrentB (11-12-2012)

  5. #24
    My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    594
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 50 Times in 35 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
    Jailbreak is not dead. Takes time and not that easy. People still use older phones and me especially. Just have to wait it out it will be worth it in the long run
    Jailbreaking may not be dead....but sadly, it is dying. I know this is hard reality to accept, and most of us do not want to believe its true (myself included). But the fact is we do not have a jailbreak, and unless the devs are being super tight lipped (which I doubt, as they like to reassure us a Jailbreak will be coming whenever possible), it doesn't seem like one is coming anytime soon.

    The Devs have communicated to us in the past how much Apple has stepped up their game in regards to security, aka jailbreaking. I can only assume Apple has gone even further with the lockdown of their latest creations. The fact that we still aren't even close to a jailbreak proves this assumption.

    The Devs work on older phones is much appreciated, and is amazing work...Anyone with a brain realizes that. With that being said, that work (the updated redsn0w for example) actually makes me loose more hope on a current jailbreak being released. It just makes it seem to me that they are stuck, and are doing other projects like perfecting the existing jailbreaks as they wait for someone to find a Cure for iOS.

    I have no doubt that eventually, there will be a jailbreak. But I'm no longer so sure that we will see that jailbreak while it is relevant. Before we know it we will have the next iphone, with new hardware, new software, and new and even more improved security.

    A future of only stock iOS...

    I pray that I am wrong...
    El Zurdo

  6. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by iLoveWindows&iPhone View Post
    Jailbreaking may not be dead....but sadly, it is dying. I know this is hard reality to accept, and most of us do not want to believe its true (myself included). But the fact is we do not have a jailbreak, and unless the devs are being super tight lipped (which I doubt, as they like to reassure us a Jailbreak will be coming whenever possible), it doesn't seem like one is coming anytime soon.

    The Devs have communicated to us in the past how much Apple has stepped up their game in regards to security, aka jailbreaking. I can only assume Apple has gone even further with the lockdown of their latest creations. The fact that we still aren't even close to a jailbreak proves this assumption.

    The Devs work on older phones is much appreciated, and is amazing work...Anyone with a brain realizes that. With that being said, that work (the updated redsn0w for example) actually makes me loose more hope on a current jailbreak being released. It just makes it seem to me that they are stuck, and are doing other projects like perfecting the existing jailbreaks as they wait for someone to find a Cure for iOS.

    I have no doubt that eventually, there will be a jailbreak. But I'm no longer so sure that we will see that jailbreak while it is relevant. Before we know it we will have the next iphone, with new hardware, new software, and new and even more improved security.

    A future of only stock iOS...

    I pray that I am wrong...
    Why do you say we aren't even close to a jailbreak? There is currently a failbreak, which does have some usable exploits. P0sixninja is working on dumping the bootrom, which could make it much easier to find potential bootrom exploits, and while other hackers may not have said anything, I doubt any of them have just given up on finding more fun exploits.

    Most of this is speculation. I would say jailbreaking wont die until our hackers become fed up with their talented hobbies of being hackers.
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 11-12-2012 at 07:15 PM. Reason: could instead of should

  7. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrteacup View Post
    yep. I swear people that are just getting into the jailbreak game have no patience. they really havent seen how long we've had to wait for jailbreaks before and when it comes down too it. You dont need a jailbreak for your phone! its convenient and helpful but you dont need it! Really just be patient....
    +1 Thank You!

  8. #27
    I will use this to tether jailbreak my IPhone 4 on 6.0.1

  9. #28
    My iPhone is a Part of Me hitman10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    I live in a house
    Posts
    505
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked 44 Times in 28 Posts

    Lol some people have no clue.. the min. jailbreaking is dead im on an android and not lookin back.. but i do not mind waiting in the mean time! Good Luck!!

  10. #29
    I didn't understand the difference between tethered and untethered jailbreak.i have ipod touch 4G an once i do tethered jailbreak using redsnow...but my cydia was not working after installing ********** kindly help me.

  11. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by hitman10 View Post
    Lol some people have no clue.. the min. jailbreaking is dead im on an android and not lookin back.. but i do not mind waiting in the mean time! Good Luck!!
    Android? lmao

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeemeer View Post
    I didn't understand the difference between tethered and untethered jailbreak.i have ipod touch 4G an once i do tethered jailbreak using redsnow...but my cydia was not working after installing ********** kindly help me.
    tethered jailbreak requires you to hook up your iPhone to a computer every time you turn it off, untethered doesn't.
    Last edited by regkilla; 11-13-2012 at 11:51 AM.

  12. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeemeer View Post
    I didn't understand the difference between tethered and untethered jailbreak.i have ipod touch 4G an once i do tethered jailbreak using redsnow...but my cydia was not working after installing ********** kindly help me.
    Don't steal things and you wont have problems. That is NOT what a jailbreak is for.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

  13. #32
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    46,789
    Thanks
    7,002
    Thanked 15,562 Times in 7,112 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeemeer View Post
    I didn't understand the difference between tethered and untethered jailbreak.i have ipod touch 4G an once i do tethered jailbreak using redsnow...but my cydia was not working after installing ********** kindly help me.
    We cannot help with that here sorry. Warez are against forum rules.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

    Anthony Bouchard (11-13-2012)

  15. #33
    after installing what?

  16. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by regkilla View Post
    after installing what?
    Nothing. We don't discuss that here, which is why it is censored. Sorry.

  17. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Nothing. We don't discuss that here, which is why it is censored. Sorry.
    I understand

  18. #36
    i'm sorry if this isnt the right place to ask this..or even if this has already been asked....but here i go.
    I am currently on iphone 4S stupidly my own mistake on ios6.0..if i select the erase all content and settings from the settings on iphone, will the phone be factory reset to the ios 5.1.1 it was on when i purchased (hence factory reset) or will it be restored to the ios 6 i updated to?

  19. #37
    You're stuck with 6.x, can't go back.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •