+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Best Tweaks of the Week Nov. 5 - Nov. 11

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Here are the best jailbreak creations for the week of November 5th until today, November 11th as per the opinion of our staff. This is a weekly recap. 1. Activoice
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Best Tweaks of the Week Nov. 5 - Nov. 11

Here are the best jailbreak creations for the week of November 5th until today, November 11th as per the opinion of our staff. This is a weekly recap.

1. Activoice – FREE

Activoice is a new free jailbreak tweak by iOS hacker and developer Ryan Petrich that allows you to use an Activator action to launch Google Now from the new Google Search application. If you don’t have Siri on your iOS device, or you don’t like Siri as much as you like Google’s Google Now, then you can use Activoice in order to to replace Siri with Google Now when you hold down your home button. The additional ability of being able to set an Activator action for additional functions, such as Google Goggles, Text Search, and Google Apps is just icing on the cake, which we feel makes this tweak better than NowNow.

2. CleanActivity – FREE

CleanActivity is a new free jailbreak tweak by iOS developer r_plus that allows you to hide unused sharing options in the iOS 6 sharing menu. It’s useful for people that don’t use Facebook, Twitter or AirPrint, because why have an icon for something you don't use? The tweak can also be enabled and disabled for only certain applications, so you can have more sharing options in the Camera Roll than say, sharing a link from the App Store. It all comes down to personal preference!

3. ForceStatusBar – FREE

ForceStatusBar is a new free jailbreak tweak by iOS hacker and developer Ryan Petrich that can be used to forcibly show the Status Bar in any application. This is extremely useful at times, because the Status Bar shows essential information like the battery life, signal strength, and time. Since the Status Bar will simply overlay the interface you’re in, you won’t have to worry about the interface getting squished down and causing issues with using the app. If you ever decide you don't want to show the Status Bar in a certain application, the tweak allows you to enable the Status Bar for only certain applications and disable it for the rest.

Stay tuned for next week's best tweaks - only on Modmyi!

If you missed our last Best Tweaks of the Week article, you can view it from this link.
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 11-11-2012 at 09:17 PM.

Thanks

Headline: best useless tweaks.
    "You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not"

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MXCO For This Useful Post:

cpotoso (11-12-2012)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Actually I've found Activoice & ForceStatusBar extremely useful

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by trek-life View Post
    Yeah me too...

rcm
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MXCO View Post
    Headline: best useless tweaks.
    It's slow because most tweakers are waiting for ios 6 to be jailbreaked, and specially the iPhone 5, until then we have to settle with c grade tweaks.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rcm View Post
    It's slow because most tweakers are waiting for ios 6 to be jailbreaked, and specially the iPhone 5, until then we have to settle with c grade tweaks.
    I concur

Banned
    Thanks
    iOS 6 is already jailbroken.

rcm
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RokeSmoreMeefer View Post
    Only tethered, not a full and stable jailbreak that will really allow developers to have a fully working tweak. And also like a said, there isn't a released jailbreak for iPhone 5 and i think most tweaks developers are waiting for it so that they can make their tweaks compatible with almost all devices.
    Last edited by rcm; 11-12-2012 at 07:10 AM.

Thanks

Only tethered, not a full and stable jailbreak that will really allow developers to have a fully working tweak. And also like a said, there isn't a released jailbreak for iPhone 5 and i think most tweaks developers are waiting for it so that they can make their tweaks compatible with almost all devices.
    Uh, what are you saying? Tethered jailbreaks are completely "full" and "stable" and you can have a "fully working" tweak on a tethered jailbreak. It's completely the same as an untethered jailbreak, minus the untethered part.

I've never come across a single jailbreak tweak that was fussy about your jailbreak being tethered or untethered.

Thanks

I have absolutely no problems on iOS 6.0.1 tethered jailbreak. All the tweaks I do have doesn't make my device unstable at.

rcm
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Southern128 View Post
    I have absolutely no problems on iOS 6.0.1 tethered jailbreak. All the tweaks I do have doesn't make my device unstable at.
    You are commenting on one part of my comment, and not taking into consideration the second, there is a new iPhone which correctly has no released jailbreak, and i think some developers won't care about it and just make tweaks for the iphone 4s and below and then work on tweaks for the iphone 5, but others do want their tweaks to work on as many iphones as possible, but again i'm not saying that's the official reason, this is my own personal opinion, i don't know any developers but if I were one then I would wait for a stable jailbreak of the iphone 5 and an untethered, and safer jailbreak of ios 6 to then work on my tweaks and release them.

Thanks

You are commenting on one part of my comment, and not taking into consideration the second, there is a new iPhone which correctly has no released jailbreak, and i know some developers won't care about it and just make tweaks for the iphone 4s and below and then work on tweaks for the iphone 5, but others do want their tweaks to work on as many iphones as possible, but again i'm not saying that's the official reason, this is my own personal opinion, i don't know any developers but if I were one then I would wait for a stable jailbreak of the iphone 5 and an untethered, and safer jailbreak of ios 6 to then work on my tweaks and release them.
    That's the problem though. Using words like "stable" and "safer" give tethered jailbreaks a bad connotation.

It's not really any different from jailbreaking untethered, minus the inconvenience of booting tethered when you need to reboot. It's still stable and everything runs fine.

rcm
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    That's the problem though. Using words like "stable" and "safer" give tethered jailbreaks a bad connotation.

It's not really any different from jailbreaking untethered, minus the inconvenience of booting tethered when you need to reboot. It's still stable and everything runs fine.
    I apologize since it seems my comment has bothered some people, I'm not a developer, a jailbreaker, or a staff member, I sould have just commented on the tweaks and nothing more, again i am sorry.

Thanks

I apologize since it seems my comment has bothered some people, I'm not a developer, a jailbreaker, or a staff member, I sould have just commented on the tweaks and nothing more, again i am sorry.
    You don't need to apologize. We're just trying to converse and inform here.

rcm
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    You don't need to apologize. We're just trying to converse and inform here.
    I still am, i drove the thread completely away from the theme, there are threads meant to discuss ios 6, this isn't one of them.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RokeSmoreMeefer View Post
    Only on A4 devices which is less than half the devices even running ios 6..

and its tethered.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by trek-life View Post
    Please help, I can't find the ForceStaturBar in my cydia. I'm new here.i appreciate your assistance thanksso much

iPhone? More like MyPhone regkilla's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mrteacup View Post
    Only on A4 devices which is less than half the devices even running ios 6..

and its tethered.
    jailbreak is jailbreak. Better than nothing.