+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Tweaks Featured Apps Pages

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Apple Tweaks Featured Apps Pages

Apple added a small, yet potentially significant feature to the App Store that could help highlight lesser-known apps.

Apple's App Store now has a "Featured" section in in each app category. PReviously the only way to really be separated from the pack in Apple's App Store was to make it on the best selling paid or free app lists. The new section features wide banners and tons of promotional space for curious buyers and fortunate developers.

The only snafu is actually getting to the category “Featured” pages. Users can only access the category featured pages from the main “Featured” page. On the page a list of popular categories is accessible via a drop-down menu at the top of both the iPhone and iPad App Stores. Choosing the desired category takes the user to a new category specific Featured page.

The new Featured pages offer developers another promotional opportunity within the App Store, which will hopefully help smaller and independent developers draw more eyes to their apps. However, it still isn't clear how Apple chooses apps to feature on the new category Featured pages.

Source: TUAW, Mac Stories
    Last edited by Phillip Swanson; 11-11-2012 at 07:06 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Raybeast's Avatar
    Thanks

Isn't this the same article Ashkay wrote?

My iPhone is a Part of Me mustard05's Avatar
    Thanks

Lol. I guess the writers just wanted to make sure we knew about Apples tweak.