+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Foxconn Chairman: Foxconn is Falling Short of iPhone 5 Demand

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Foxconn Chairman: Foxconn is Falling Short of iPhone 5 Demand

The iPhone 5 has been in high demand since its launch and even today the shipping times on Apple’s Web site still point to about a month (three to four weeks) of waiting.

So what’s the hold up after more than a month after the iPhone 5’s initial release? According to Foxconn’s chairman, Terry Gou, Apple's large orders of the iPhone 5 might be just a little too much work for Foxconn to handle:

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Gou
    Market demand is very strong, but we just can't really fulfill Apple's requests.
    Foxconn has previously commented on the iPhone 5 explaining how the increased quality control for the device has led to slowdowns in production. This was after users had begun complaining about scuff marks appearing on the anodized aluminum fresh out of the packaging.

With slowed production and a continued stream of demand for the iPhone 5, it’s going to be a slow and painful process for Foxconn workers as they continue to assemble countless iPhone 5 units.

Everyone will be able to get an iPhone 5 eventually, but it looks like it may be a while down the road until Foxconn catches up with demand. Until then, we can continue to expect the rather long waits for shipping.

Sources: Wall Street Journal

iPhone? More like MyPhone ohthatguyagain's Avatar
    Thanks

I ordered mine of 11/5/12. Est shipping was 3-4 weeks on the site. Actual delivery date is estimated between 12/6/12 and 12/16/12. That's 31-41 days, and by my book, that's more like 4-6 weeks...

Thanks

I'm glad I got mine already.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Breezy215's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mmaboi21 View Post
    I'm glad I got mine already.
    +1

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

Man....Sure must suck working at Foxconn. By the time the employees have the iPhone 5 production figured out and running smoothly, it will be time to start producing the next iPhone....And deal with a whole new set of problems and challenges...Sounds incredibly frustrating.
    El Zurdo

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ohthatguyagain View Post
    I ordered mine of 11/5/12. Est shipping was 3-4 weeks on the site. Actual delivery date is estimated between 12/6/12 and 12/16/12. That's 31-41 days, and by my book, that's more like 4-6 weeks...
    Same here, I ordered on 10/17/12 and while it said 3-4 weeks it shows "Delivers Nov 16 - Nov 23". Been exactly 3 weeks today, looks like I might have 2 more to go.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ordered my Iphone5 10/23/12. Today i get an email from AT&T saying your order has been cancelled due to one of the following reason: 1. invalid shipping address 2. invalid credit card info. i called the credit card company, sorry tripz everything is ok on this end no cancelled transactions at all . i call AT&T back , we talked to our techs and they said it was Apples fault and we are sorry (AT&T) but if you come back in today and redo the purchase apple tech says they will put you on top of the LIST! (LMFAO) can you say BS!!!!!! top of the list yeah right... so i ordered it again

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

You know how it feels using iPhone5 on modmyi app? SUWWEEEETTTTT!

Green Apple
    Thanks

A friend of mine gave me a trick. Go into the apple website at 10pm and order your phone thru there when you get to the checkout section choose pick up at store and you will be able to pick up your phone the next day. I did this last Friday night order a 32GB and a 16GB. Went there Saturday morning and my phones were waiting for me.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tripz71 View Post
    yeah right... so i ordered it again
    Wonder how much Apple is doing this? Artificially increase sales numbers by cancelling original order, artificially inflating sales figure because these people will re-order at a drop of a hat.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Guess that is why it was so easy to get over $1000 for my black 64gb Verizon version on eBay! I even used it for a month!!

LOL