Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Facebook 5.1 for iOS Released [Updated]

Default Facebook 5.1 for iOS Released [Updated]

Facebook today updated their Mobile iOS application to version 5.1. The update adds more messaging features and easier ways to share photos via the app.

Now when sending and receiving messages, you can see who is active and their last time of activity so you can know when to expect a reply from them. In addition, messaging has never been easier to get to than now, since you can just swipe left on the news feed to reveal your online contacts that can be messaged. The update also brings the ability to choose favorites for your messaging.

Unfortunately, even after updating the application to be quicker with a ton of wonderful new features, Facebook manages to mess up the application yet again. Widespread reports of failures with the Facebook 5.1 update for iOS are popping up on support forums (such as here) and on Twitter that users cannot load their timelines.

So what do these people do? They log out and try to log back in again to see if it remedies the issue. According to the complaints, users are not able to sign back into the application after signing out. Facebook’s mobile application will not accept your login information that you saved in the Settings application from iOS 6 and if you try to log in manually, you will also get the boot:

We took the Facebook update for a spin ourselves and we can confirm the login issues. In fact, the screenshot above is from one of our own devices. The reports of login failure appear to be intermittent, however widespread. Some users even report having the issue on one device and being able to sign in just fine on another.

For now, we recommend just sitting tight with whatever version of Facebook for iOS you have right now until Facebook can rectify the issues plaguing Facebook 5.1. If you choose to take a chance and flip the coin to see if it will work for you, we recommend backing up your current version of Facebook for iOS to iTunes so that if it doesn't work for you you can delete Facebook from your iOS device and re-sync the last working version.

EDIT: Facebook doesn't appear to be giving us any problems logging in anymore. If you're interested in trying version 5.1 yourself, we still recommend that you back up your latest working version of Facebook for iOS through iTunes before doing so in order to prevent any problems. Better safe than sorry!
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 11-05-2012 at 06:36 PM.

I made the mistake of updating. I cant even sign in. Now i have to wait till i can get home to reinstall it from iTunes. Damnit.

no issues here yet. I still want the option to share. When is that coming. Geez

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I've been able to sign in without any problems so far

Quote Originally Posted by ca3sar View Post
    +1

No issues here either.

UPDATE: The app appears to be working now for us too.

finally working for me.. a bit slow to start with.. maybe crap servers coping with traffic??!

Quote Originally Posted by mutley View Post
    finally working for me.. a bit slow to start with.. maybe crap servers coping with traffic??!
    That could be. I'm just happy it works now

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    That could be. I'm just happy it works now
    Why do you hardly respond to other posts on other news articles but have posted multiple comments on this one...? Just curious.

Thanks
    The only problem I had was it took to long to load my news feed. The app said I have to add friends.

Ha read this before updating!

Thanks

I updated & everything is running fine no problems over here.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Colin9001's Avatar
    Thanks

add share feature, and @tagging.

No issues here....but agreed uploading of photos is quite slow...need sharing of posts option...

Thanks

Where's the Photo sharing @?

iPhone? More like MyPhone one_crazy_dude's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ca3sar View Post
    Same here, works fine. I want share also
    I Like Eletronics

the only problem i notice was when i tried to upload a photo, the phone froze so I closed and re-opened the app. push notification works on and off still but other than that, I like it. No need for the messenger app now.

Via ModMyi app

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Not a bad update!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast