+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 37 of 37

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Apple's Lightning to USB Adapter Now Available

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
[QUOTE=iLoveWindows&iPhone;6707579]Lol! Man, I must admit....being a American, i do envy Europeans simplistic, perfectly logical way of thought. Everything about the above statement makes perfect sense, 100%. I'm sure Republicans would
...
  1. #21
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    248
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 26 Times in 18 Posts

    [QUOTE=iLoveWindows&iPhone;6707579]Lol! Man, I must admit....being a American, i do envy Europeans simplistic, perfectly logical way of thought. Everything about the above statement makes perfect sense, 100%. I'm sure Republicans would claim something along the lines of "This proposal would take jobs away from hardworking Americans by hurting companies profits. Furthermore, every American is born with the freedom and right to decide for themselves which product they wish to purchase. Forcing your average "Joe the plumber" to buy a certain type of charger is not only unconstitutional....it's just downright un-American!"



    I'm Mitt Romney and I approve this message.

  2. #22
    iPhoneaholic bmwraw8482's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    458
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 44 Times in 33 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ATBsky View Post
    ... All I see is Apple's greed to squeeze $30 more for an useless adapter.
    I see an option to spend just $30 for and gain some use of the half dozen or so micro USB cables I have lying around

  3. #23
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    6,002
    Thanks
    168
    Thanked 864 Times in 630 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ATBsky View Post
    All I see is Apple's greed to squeeze $30 more for an useless adapter.
    No way. It's only squeezing $30 out of you if you're going to buy it. MOST of the Apple populace won't be buying this adapter because it's only around to make accommodations for certain people. If you don't want it, click the close button at the top of your Web browser and done. You don't waste any money?

  4. #24
    King Theme-aling subywrex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,620
    Thanks
    334
    Thanked 3,839 Times in 876 Posts

    Why does everyone keep saying 30 when the adapter is 20

  5. #25
    iPhoneaholic scroogelives's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    368
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Dranon View Post
    Which makes me curious! Doesn't EVERY mobile phone come with a new charger anyway?? Do you have the option in Europe to NOT get a new charger with a new phone? Dont get me wrong I like the new ruling. I have a large drawer full of old useless proprietary chargers. It would be nice to be able to just reuse them instead of buying extras for the office etc.
    As some point new chargers will not come with the new phone unless you need one! Allowing people that have a drawer full to reuse them until they need a new one!

  6. #26
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    6,002
    Thanks
    168
    Thanked 864 Times in 630 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    Why does everyone keep saying 30 when the adapter is 20
    Because I posted a link to the Lightning to 30-pin adapter immediately following someone's comment. That adapter does cost $30.

  7. #27
    My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    West Milwaukee
    Posts
    586
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 35 Times in 27 Posts

    Default Lightning to USB Cable
    Quote Originally Posted by zeroskater61 View Post
    Really I did not know that... I need one.

    Actually you don't.
    I have the apple 30 pin to usb cables.
    If I have to pay the same amount of money, it makes more sense to get a new cable.
    That way you know you aren't going to have any problems with it.
    PLUS, I purchased 2 lightning cables from Abesco & Co. on Amazon for $19.97 shipping included...

    And I emailed them about the proprietary chips in the cable.
    They guarantee that their cables will work properly.

  8. #28
    What's Jailbreak? odedo1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tarzana,CA. U.S.A
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Apple released it first in Europe because they know that they got the Americans in their pockets and Europeans think before they buy and I see less and less iPhones in Europe in the last 2 years, and The people at apple know that in Europe most people use the mini USB for their devices so they hope that it will make it easier to grab extra europeans with the adapter which also make no sense because the only reason that Apple created the lighting connector was to make the iPhone 5 smaller then why didn't they just went with the mini USB connector right away? the only answer I can think of is $$$$$ and the Apple addiction sure gives it to them especially in America, in the last couple of years I see a big decline of Apple products in European hands and it's all Apple fault because they got way to greedy and to tell the truth I'm also one of the addicts but every decision Apple made this year was wrong and you can see it with all the complaints on the web and Apple shares went down, also as much as I love my jail broken iPad 3 64GB LTE it's still a gadget compare to the new Microsoft Surface which is a real PC tablet with extendable memory, a USB port that works with hard drive or CD drive or anything else that works with USB plus the cover is not just a cover like the one for the iPad, the Surface cover got a touch keyboard build in if you feel on using it instead of using the touch screen keyboard, and it's cheaper then the new iPad! also for the first time I really see people loving a new product other then Apple and not because the price so I'm thinking of getting one myself only waiting to till after the holidays when the prices will go down and maybe by then new and better windows 8 products will be out.

  9. #29
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    18
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Wasn't it originally said the reason for the lightning connector as opposed to the micro USB was because the micro USB did not supple enough power to charge the iPad?

  10. #30
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    It's statements like this that show your ignorance. I hardly see how making a 2nd adapter (keeping in mind they already have a 30pin to lightning adapter) so that you can utilize any other cords or chargers you have laying around.
    I was talking about the reason apple made the iphone 5 with a proprietary connector, instead of a standard micro USB. And that reason is not intelligence. Just greed.

  11. #31
    King Theme-aling subywrex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,620
    Thanks
    334
    Thanked 3,839 Times in 876 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ATBsky View Post
    I was talking about the reason apple made the iphone 5 with a proprietary connector, instead of a standard micro USB. And that reason is not intelligence. Just greed.
    Again ignorance at its best. The iPhone has had a proprietary connector sense day 1. I don't see your point here. You think it was a mistake for them to improve there 5 year old clunky design with a newer one? Lol

  12. #32
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    6,002
    Thanks
    168
    Thanked 864 Times in 630 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ATBsky View Post
    Just greed.
    I still don't see how this is greed. Apple is giving you options - people have wanted Apple to give them options for so long.

    You aren't being forced to buy the product. If greed were a factor, Apple would have made the adapter a requirement to use the device and then sold it separately.

  13. #33
    iPhoneaholic Jj2345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    477
    Thanks
    375
    Thanked 127 Times in 93 Posts

    I wonder if I can keep one in my wallet without breaking it?

  14. #34
    iPhone? More like MyPhone SirZyrion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Gilbert, AZ
    Posts
    103
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    If they were going to do this anyway, why not just use the standard MicroUSB? I mean, we could claim speed all day with the Lightning connector, but really, don't most iDevice users sync their stuff via WiFi now anyway? That would mean most of us only need a cable to CHARGE our devices, and MicroUSB would work just fine.

  15. #35
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    487
    Thanks
    33
    Thanked 36 Times in 31 Posts

    [QUOTE=bubble.tea;6707403]ouch., $29???
    QUOTE]

    Yeah, I just got another lightning cable instead for $19..

  16. #36
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    28
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    ITT: Apple fanboys defending a stupid decision.

    There was absolutely no reason why Apple couldn't have went with the standard (mirco USB) that every single other company in the world uses. Instead, they would rather take your hard earned money on a proprietary connector, and screw over their existing users. A **** move in my opinion.

  17. #37
    King Theme-aling subywrex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,620
    Thanks
    334
    Thanked 3,839 Times in 876 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by CoronaDelux View Post
    ITT: Apple fanboys defending a stupid decision.

    There was absolutely no reason why Apple couldn't have went with the standard (mirco USB) that every single other company in the world uses. Instead, they would rather take your hard earned money on a proprietary connector, and screw over their existing users. A **** move in my opinion.
    Well apple has always been proprietary. And in order to make smaller devices would require a smaller charger. Sure they could have went with a USB but 1. Wouldn't be reversible. And 2 when has apple ever confirmed to normal lol.

    But hey I'm a fan boy so of course I don't care lol

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts