+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 6.0.1 Released with Minor Fixes

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Apple has just released a minor update for iOS 6. iOS 6.0.1 has been issued Thursday for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. In total, the bug fixes are minor
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,479 Times in 565 Posts

Default iOS 6.0.1 Released with Minor Fixes

Apple has just released a minor update for iOS 6. iOS 6.0.1 has been issued Thursday for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. In total, the bug fixes are minor but should be pointed out, nonetheless.

Some of the glitches apparent in iOS 6 following the release of Apple's iPhone 5 have been addressed in the latest update. I've personally commiserated with a number of iPhone 4S users who have experienced inexplicably disabled Wi-Fi connectivity - a problem that seems to be addressed in the new update.

All told, iOS 6.0.1:
    • Fixes a bug that prevents iPhone 5 from installing software updates wirelessly over the air
    • Fixes a bug where horizontal lines may be displayed across the keyboard
    • Fixes an issue that could cause camera flash to not go off
    • Improves reliability of iPhone 5 and iPod touch (5th generation) when connected to encrypted WPA2 Wi-Fi networks
    • Resolves an issue that prevents iPhone from using the cellular network in some instances
    • Consolidated the Use Cellular Data switch for iTunes Match
    • Fixes a Passcode Lock bug which sometimes allowed access to Passbook pass details from lock screen
    • Fixes a bug affecting Exchange meetings

The update, which runs 69 MB, is available now.

Source: Apple

iPhone? More like MyPhone smuggler's Avatar
    Thanks

and the major question is do we update or does that forfeit the ability to jailbreak the iPhone 5 in the future, if the "dream team" quits fighting
    Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons.
    - Popular Mechanics, 1949

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    and the major question is do we update or does that forfeit the ability to jailbreak the iPhone 5 in the future, if the "dream team" quits fighting
    I'm gonna hold off on the upgrade until I hear some news about a potential jailbreak.

It could very well be that the dev team already has a jailbreak for 6.0 and they were just holding on to it 'til Apple released 6.0.1 in case it worked on it as well.

I have an iPhone 5 and have had no trouble at all with 6.0....even including maps. I'll just stick with it.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AUZambo View Post
    I'm gonna hold off on the upgrade until I hear some news about a potential jailbreak.

It could very well be that the dev team already has a jailbreak for 6.0 and they were just holding on to it 'til Apple released 6.0.1 in case it worked on it as well.

I have an iPhone 5 and have had no trouble at all with 6.0....even including maps. I'll just stick with it.
    will the tethered jailbreak work on it

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Where the H**L is the fix for my car stereo to recognize the USB connection !?!

iPhone? More like MyPhone kingchkn's Avatar
    Thanks

I, for one, am not upgrading. Simply for the reason that I feel the jailbreak is out there for 6.0. I am not running the risk of losing the possible jailbreak. I will continue to wait patiently.

iPhone? More like MyPhone smuggler's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AUZambo View Post

I think I'll do the same, I got the iPhone5 the day it came out and I've had zero probs, not even with the maps, I live in atlanta tho. I just miss my jailbreak, I'm holding onto my 4s and 4 (factory unlocked), both jailbroken on 5.1.1. I'm holding out on selling my 4s 64 gig until I find out if I can jb the iPhone 5. Otherwise I'll sell it and keep my 4s. Hopefully this update was a part of the "dream team's" strategy.

Which BTW does anyone know if you can snatch blobs off the iPhone 5 for 6.0 yet?
    Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons.
    - Popular Mechanics, 1949

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I don't know about y'all, but my iP5 Wifi data connectivity and/or latency is horrible to the point I sometimes disable Wifi just to get out. I've even had the latency issue using only the cellular data connectivity as well, although, certainly not as bad as the Wifi connection. I too miss my jailbreak (and all the stuff I've purchased thru Cydia), but fixing the damn data/Wifi issues is far more important to me than a jailbreak. I just can't sit on 6.0 any longer.

What's Jailbreak? TrueLoyaltyInc's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks god!!! iTunes Match finally work again for iPhone 5

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,333 Times in 727 Posts

I do/did have the horizontal lines on the keyboard. And I THINK I may have a problem with the phone not connecting to towers randomly. That might be a reason to upgrade for me but I'll wait on it I have a feeling the jailbreak might be around the corner soon

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

They wouldn't release for anything other than 6.0.1 I'm sure

.0 releases aren't something to stay on for obvious reasons

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzzer08 View Post
    That sounds like its not iPhone 5 issue per say but maybe due to the lightning cable being all digital. But to be real honest it's probably you stereo it's self. Have you looked to see if the manufacture of the stereo have released a new firmware for your model head unit. I have to do it about once every 6 months or so for the grand parents new car. Just burn the file to cd or put it on a flash drive and install it. If I don't they can't listen to radio or a cd because nav-man is all built into the head unit if th GPS has a fit a needs updating it won't let u use any of the other features of the stereo until u fix it.

I could be wrong with both ideas but I know from personal experience some of these newer head units are brilliant..... until something fails and then everything else won't work.

Good luck

iPhone? More like MyPhone rkisling's Avatar
    Thanks

Default IP5 with Car Stereo
    I have a Pioneer in dash unit that has a USB, which allows the head unit to control the iPhone directly. Surprisingly (to me anyway), when I plugged in my IP5 with the new lightning cable, it continued to work perfectly, displaying album art on the screen and everything. I did not update the firmware. I've had the Pioneer for at least 2 years - perhaps I just got lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by dopeyrat View Post
    That sounds like its not iPhone 5 issue per say but maybe due to the lightning cable being all digital. But to be real honest it's probably you stereo it's self. Have you looked to see if the manufacture of the stereo have released a new firmware for your model head unit. I have to do it about once every 6 months or so for the grand parents new car. Just burn the file to cd or put it on a flash drive and install it. If I don't they can't listen to radio or a cd because nav-man is all built into the head unit if th GPS has a fit a needs updating it won't let u use any of the other features of the stereo until u fix it.

I could be wrong with both ideas but I know from personal experience some of these newer head units are brilliant..... until something fails and then everything else won't work.

Good luck

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzzer08 View Post
    Why don't you ask the car stereo manufacturer?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kingchkn View Post
    I, for one, am not upgrading. Simply for the reason that I feel the jailbreak is out there for 6.0. I am not running the risk of losing the possible jailbreak. I will continue to wait patiently.
    I hope you are very, very patient. The major effort Apple put into iOS6 wasn't new features, but new ways to stymie jailbreaks.
    Jailbreaking your iphone may still be legal, but Apple is getting to the point where that won't matter. Check out the figure below, which shows the number of days it's taken to release a working jailbreak for each new iPhone. It's getting exponentially harder (at least, taking exponentially more time) to jailbreak these devices. Extrapolating would indicate we can expect a jailbreak in about another 5 months. But looking at the security Apple has put into iOS6, my prediction is we won't see a useful (full untethered, non-dev-only) jailbreak within the useful (12-month) life-cycle of the iPhone 5. If you like your iPhone 5 (none of you would be crazy enough to buy an iDevice that you couldn't jailbreak unless you were happy being stone-walled by Apple, right?) then you may as well go ahead and update.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails iOS 6.0.1 Released with Minor Fixes-jailbreaktimeline.png  
    Last edited by csglinux; 11-01-2012 at 01:50 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Has anyone else had problems opening apps since tis iOS push? I haven't updated yet but now half my apps crash immediately after opening. Nice. Real nice.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ridingsupreme's Avatar
    Thanks

Well clearly u are not a jailbreaker. The graphs are cute though.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to ridingsupreme For This Useful Post:

bubble.tea (11-02-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Perceptum View Post
    Why don't you ask the car stereo manufacturer?
    My iPhone 4 lost USB connectivity and I was never able to restore it. It is a JVC head unit that recognizes every other iOS device including my iPhone 5. It is DEFINITELY an individual device issue with no known fix even after reinstalling the OS.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ridingsupreme's Avatar
    Thanks

I've had exactly zero issues with my iPhone 5 and my stereo. The original cable killed itself though after a mere two weeks of use.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rkisling View Post
    I have a Pioneer in dash unit that has a USB, which allows the head unit to control the iPhone directly. Surprisingly (to me anyway), when I plugged in my IP5 with the new lightning cable, it continued to work perfectly, displaying album art on the screen and everything. I did not update the firmware. I've had the Pioneer for at least 2 years - perhaps I just got lucky.
    I dont actually think it was a release specifically IP5 related but i did a FW update for my CDJ2000's about 2weeks after the IP5 was released and in the change log one of the minor things listed was "Added support for iPhone5" coz you can use your ipod, iphone, flash drive or SD card to store all your music and then just plug in via USB and dj straight from the songs on a 32g or 64g iDevice instead of the need for 20-30 cds for a 2-3hr set and there a quite few djs and more converting over from cd's that only use sd cards flash drive or there ipod so the need for the FW to support it is a lot higher than a consumer car stereo. Your also dealing with a pretty decent, reparable and all round good brand when it comes to pioneer. The grand parents aren't that flash they just got the stock head unit that came in the car and i just download the "fixes" and maps straight from Hyundai.