Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 58

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: iOS 6.0.1 Released with Minor Fixes

  1. #21
    With itunes match my iphone 5 is not recognized by my car stereo (avh-4200dvd). But right after i transferred music to it and disabled itunes match everything works fine even pandora and i can also control it from the steering remote.. Seems like it needs a song on the music app to be recognized.

  2. #22
    My iPhone is a Part of Me zinjen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Posts
    996
    Thanks
    137
    Thanked 242 Times in 140 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by csglinux View Post
    I hope you are very, very patient. The major effort Apple put into iOS6 wasn't new features, but new ways to stymie jailbreaks.
    Jailbreaking your iphone may still be legal, but Apple is getting to the point where that won't matter. Check out the figure below, which shows the number of days it's taken to release a working jailbreak for each new iPhone. It's getting exponentially harder (at least, taking exponentially more time) to jailbreak these devices. Extrapolating would indicate we can expect a jailbreak in about another 5 months. But looking at the security Apple has put into iOS6, my prediction is we won't see a useful (full untethered, non-dev-only) jailbreak within the useful (12-month) life-cycle of the iPhone 5. If you like your iPhone 5 (none of you would be crazy enough to buy an iDevice that you couldn't jailbreak unless you were happy being stone-walled by Apple, right?) then you may as well go ahead and update.

    Although I somewhat agree with your timeline, your advice is terrible. NEVER UPDATE until you here it from the dev team or Musclen3rd/Saurik, etc.
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button if you liked what I said or did

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Essany View Post
    The update, which runs 69 MB, is available now.
    haha

  4. #24
    iphone 5 pdated to 6.0.1, facebook app keeps crashing.. Deleted and downloaded the app again but still the same.. Everything seems to work well though. Anyone else tried the update?

    Edit:
    Nvm its working now after restarting..
    Last edited by onski; 11-01-2012 at 03:52 PM.

  5. #25
    Still no way to save iPhone 5 SHSH...

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by dopeyrat View Post
    That sounds like its not iPhone 5 issue per say but maybe due to the lightning cable being all digital. But to be real honest it's probably you stereo it's self. Have you looked to see if the manufacture of the stereo have released a new firmware for your model head unit. I have to do it about once every 6 months or so for the grand parents new car. Just burn the file to cd or put it on a flash drive and install it. If I don't they can't listen to radio or a cd because nav-man is all built into the head unit if th GPS has a fit a needs updating it won't let u use any of the other features of the stereo until u fix it.

    I could be wrong with both ideas but I know from personal experience some of these newer head units are brilliant..... until something fails and then everything else won't work.

    Good luck
    Its definitely caused by IOS6, upgrading my IP4 caused it to stop being recognized when it worked just fine for the last year and a half. Was hoping my IP5 would work and it did for the first couple days then one day it just stopped. My Kenwood Deck is about 2 years old and it still recognizes my ipods, but IOS6 devices just leaves me with a screen flashing "reading". Haven't checked for a firmware update from kenwood though, I'll try that tonight. Thanks for the tip

  7. #27
    6.1 Beata is out for devs also
    IPhone 5s....
    First MacBook Pro 13" I7 2.8Ghz with win7
    1 rooted Thrive
    08 Chevy 2500HD LTZ
    06 Dyna Lowrider
    40ft Raptor toyhauler

  8. #28
    iPhone? More like MyPhone BrainSmashR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Natchitoches, LA.
    Posts
    222
    Thanks
    36
    Thanked 51 Times in 38 Posts

    One thing is for certain, the lack of non jailbroken customization coupled with apple's determination to keep users from downgrading guarantees I'll never own another apple product even if they start giving them away....

  9. #29
    Why is it that when I hook my iPhone 4 up to the charger that it never works the first time? I always have to unplug it and replug it in. Is it a software issue or a hardware issue. I never had this problem until I upgraded to iOS 6. Is this something this update will fix?

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by csglinux View Post
    I hope you are very, very patient. The major effort Apple put into iOS6 wasn't new features, but new ways to stymie jailbreaks.
    Jailbreaking your iphone may still be legal, but Apple is getting to the point where that won't matter. Check out the figure below, which shows the number of days it's taken to release a working jailbreak for each new iPhone. It's getting exponentially harder (at least, taking exponentially more time) to jailbreak these devices. Extrapolating would indicate we can expect a jailbreak in about another 5 months. But looking at the security Apple has put into iOS6, my prediction is we won't see a useful (full untethered, non-dev-only) jailbreak within the useful (12-month) life-cycle of the iPhone 5. If you like your iPhone 5 (none of you would be crazy enough to buy an iDevice that you couldn't jailbreak unless you were happy being stone-walled by Apple, right?) then you may as well go ahead and update.

    Although Idk how long it took geohot. But I remember that one time he just released it but he would have to make it his own right? What I'm saying is where's the graph to show me working on a jailbreak day and night as to me taking my sweet *** time cause I got better **** to do?

  11. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In the shadows
    Posts
    798
    Thanks
    120
    Thanked 74 Times in 47 Posts

    Any word yet about a jailbreak?
    Didn't they suggest last week that it would be here this week? Thats what was being said on Twitter.

  12. #32
    iPhone? More like MyPhone mbeezy81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    244
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked 14 Times in 12 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Hozr View Post
    Has anyone else had problems opening apps since tis iOS push? I haven't updated yet but now half my apps crash immediately after opening. Nice. Real nice.
    I haven't updated to 6.0.1 but Yeah, FB kept crashing for me earlier.

  13. #33
    Worth the upgrade if you've had wifi issues with iPhone 5. No longer a hassle connecting to my wifi networks.

  14. #34
    Sug Luv Super Moderator 2k1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Hammond Louisiana
    Posts
    34,053
    Thanks
    1,815
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

    I don't have an issue wit connecting its just losing it when i know I'm still in range. Wonder if that's a fix for it.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by ThuD Muffin View Post
    Worth the upgrade if you've had wifi issues with iPhone 5. No longer a hassle connecting to my wifi networks.
    Agreed .

    Mine's at 6.0.1 now.

  16. #36
    Sug Luv Super Moderator 2k1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Hammond Louisiana
    Posts
    34,053
    Thanks
    1,815
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

    Wanna see what the devs say about the jailbreak. Hate it if I update and then they come out for 6.0 and not 6.0.1

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Agreed .

    Mine's at 6.0.1 now.
    Tempting

  17. #37
    Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    2,263
    Thanks
    91
    Thanked 146 Times in 124 Posts

    I doubt they come out with a jailbreak for iOS 6.0. Hopefully they'll wait for bugs to be fixed (like in this release) then release a JB.

  18. #38
    Sug Luv Super Moderator 2k1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Hammond Louisiana
    Posts
    34,053
    Thanks
    1,815
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
    I doubt they come out with a jailbreak for iOS 6.0. Hopefully they'll wait for bugs to be fixed (like in this release) then release a JB.
    What I'm thinking to

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruzzer08 View Post
    Its definitely caused by IOS6, upgrading my IP4 caused it to stop being recognized when it worked just fine for the last year and a half. Was hoping my IP5 would work and it did for the first couple days then one day it just stopped. My Kenwood Deck is about 2 years old and it still recognizes my ipods, but IOS6 devices just leaves me with a screen flashing "reading". Haven't checked for a firmware update from kenwood though, I'll try that tonight. Thanks for the tip
    Here I've got the big three bookmarked. Save you half the time

    Car Electronics Support Information | Kenwood

    Car Entertainment - Software & firmware downloads - Pioneer Australia

    Support for Xplodô CD Receivers : Sony Australia

    I'm for ever helping my little bro and his mates when they get there first car. They don't care how it looks inside as long as I loud and BOOMY. And grandma and pops new Hyundai every 6 months something's wrong and the whole stock headset and navman just stops, jump on hyundai website have a quick look and 9 out of 10 times they have been driving like it for a few weeks so by the time I have a look the "fix" is available, just copy it to USB put it in the car and not even a minute later its done and the stereo restarts and all of a sudden the whole thing is back to life good as new as nothing was ever wrong....until the next time I always say lol.

    Hope the links help

  20. #40
    My iPhone is a Part of Me kadinh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    543
    Thanks
    58
    Thanked 23 Times in 19 Posts

    I went to 6.0.1 on my i5 this afternoon. I need to arrive to work tomorrow to see if the wifi issues are resolved; I never had wifi issues at home.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •