+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'Smart 3G' Will Help You Save Battery Life

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by rkswat There was an app that did something similar but there was some lag so I removed it. It was especially an issue when you had your
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rkswat View Post
    There was an app that did something similar but there was some lag so I removed it. It was especially an issue when you had your phone open, closed it and then opened it back up to make a call it wouldn't go through. Not sure if this app will lag in such a way but it is actually a great idea.
    Auto 3G

iPhone? More like MyPhone mallenass's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GoGo22 View Post
    i didnt know there was a IOS version 5.2.1 for the Iphone 4S ?? How did you install this auto3g ?? i cant install it becaus in cydia it says that the ios i have (thats 5.1.1) is incompatible...
    sorry. typo. iPhone 4S with IOS 5.1.1..... im running auto 3G ver 2.0.3 working like a DREAM.

p.s: just the feature of running my 4s on edge upon lock increases my battery life to up to 2 days(also note tht i have intelliscreen so i do most of my social networking through the lockscreen wich is on edge ´cause it switches back to 3g upon slide to unlock)... so experiences may vary

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I used to have auto3g. but it would turn off 3g when using the charger in the car. Didnt like the buzzing on the speakers when sending a text.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This tweak interrupts a call when you lose WiFi connection during the connection!
    How the developer could be so irresponsible?
    This should be the first thing to predict & implement...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mallenass View Post
    i for one will stick with ¨Auto 3G¨, witch is a jailbreak tweak that has long been in cydia and does essentially the same thing except it goes even further... Auto 3G will change from 3G to E (edge) connection when you lock your phone(in a user determined time after lock) and switches back to 3g seamlessly as soon as you swipe to unlock, it also gives the configuration options to prioritize radios, so where there is wifi available, it will turn 3g off but maintain cellular connection via E[and after switch back seamlessly]; you can even set to keep on E (edge or 2g however you want to call it) except for when specific applications that you determine are running, ect ect....

Auto 3G.. has done wonders for me...

in fact... here you go..
    ModMyi.com | Auto3G

i believe the above is an old package tho... Because i have it installed on iPhone 4S 5.2.1 and work amazing
    would love to see this function with smart3G, hope the developer will add this in the next release.....
    http://www.speedtest.net/result/1066377445.png

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12