+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apples iOS Chief Scott Forstall Forced Out

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dsg View Post
    Appl£ seem to be slowly falling apart with out Steve
    +1

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I know right? I mean, other companies don't ever fire people. What were they thinking?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

First, the maps app has been great for me. Second, it doesn't state if anyone else was supposed to sign this letter. Don't assume he's the scapegoat on this, an apology was already delivered. It also talks about other poor work he's delivered on.

Fall guy, no. Portfolio of poor work and no Steve to save his *** will however get you out the door.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RyoSaeba View Post
    I know right? I mean, other companies don't ever fire people. What were they thinking?
    They'll regret it I'm sure. In Steve's biography there is a section where Steve gets thrown out of his own company and then a few years later when Apple is failing they were more-a-less hands-on-their-knees begging him to come back...

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post
    Apple tried to make him the patsy, he refused and got fired.
    Forstall is not the one who buys mapping technology for Apple, releases the map when it is so obviously not ready. Every one of the executives had an iPhone 5 before release, they all knew how bad the iMap is yet still decided to release it to public.
    All these additions to his "rap sheet" is just trying to make him out worse than he is.

Best of luck Scott with your talent you will have no trouble securing another high paying gig.

Thanks

Forstall is not the one who buys mapping technology for Apple, releases the map when it is so obviously not ready. Every one of the executives had an iPhone 5 before release, they all knew how bad the iMap is yet still decided to release it to public.
    All these additions to his "rap sheet" is just trying to make him out worse than he is.
    I'm always curious as how you guys are always certain. I mean, unless you actually work there, everything you said is nonsense. Being that you are never objective, it's hard to even assume that you know what you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by tridley68 View Post
    Best of luck Scott with your talent you will have no trouble securing another high paying gig.
    Ha! This is a much better response
    Last edited by trek-life; 10-30-2012 at 07:19 AM.

Thanks
    Your inside track from Apple's boardroom is titillating! Where do you get your inside information?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,433 Times in 682 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by aidanharris View Post
    They'll regret it I'm sure. In Steve's biography there is a section where Steve gets thrown out of his own company and then a few years later when Apple is failing they were more-a-less hands-on-their-knees begging him to come back...
    How can anyone say Apple is falling apart. We saw big issues with Steve. The antennae issue was a big one. He was a part of that and pushed the antennae design with no consideration to the problems it could cause.

I am betting they knew their were map issues but felt the overall app was good and never thought the backlash would be this bad. All mapping prgorams need sometime to develop when their new.

This app is better for features than what we had. Turn- by -turn nav., 3D view etc. They foolihly thought they would be given a pass to let them develop it more.

In ashort time, this will likely replace my Navigon for FREE. It works well for me but I understand if it isa problem. I never used Google maps for Navigating since I used a 3 party app, so I personally find the uprorar surprising but good. It forces them to work on fast and agressively.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Hahahahaha...still cleaning coffee off my keyboard and monitor after reading that one.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aidanharris View Post
    But that was Steve... these people are, well, not Steve. There won't be another one like Steve to come along in a long time.

Thanks

Wow, very good, he didn't buy the mapping tech. What's your point? Are you trying to equate that with him not WORKING on the Apple Maps, not having ownership of the project, what? I guess having an iphone, automatically means you use maps. I'm sure the execs do all the testing too because they aren't ever busy with anything else.

iPhone? More like MyPhone realtimedeath's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jj2345 View Post
    He didn't wanna sign the letter because deep within his heart he knew it wasn't his fault,why would someone apologize when it's not his or her fault
    I'm reminded of "The Crucible" and John Proctor refusing to sign a false confession and have it nailed to the church door. Even under threat of death, he tells the "buckle hats" to go frak themselves. ......"BECAUSE IT'S MY NAME!!!!!!"
    Lol.

Thanks

Sad.

dsg
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 717 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nealh View Post
    How can anyone say Apple is falling apart. We saw big issues with Steve. The antennae issue was a big one..
    Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Steve quite ill when Antena Gate was going on

Edit: I also said its 'slowly' falling apart, they make an iPad mini with **** spec and well over priced (people still buy it but it's a waste of money IMHO), there are quality control issues, they're firing staff, others are leaving...
    Last edited by dsg; 10-30-2012 at 10:34 AM.

Thanks

Personally I think that Forstall was right to stick with his guns and not sign, then again I didn't like him and hope Apple will be better for it.

Thanks

Every company has bad ideas. Every company has or creates a fall guy for these ideas that flop. Unfortunately this time it was his turn. I don't feel bad for him. He is a multi millionaire and will have no problem finding a job elsewhere. Good luck to you!

My iPhone is a Part of Me Cmds187's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Finally we might see an iOS UI update.

If you read this story on a grown up news site it mentions that he loved his faux natural textures i.e wood, leather etc, and was greatly responsible for the iOS UI we have today (& yesteryear & the year before that and so on). Forstall was also, allegedly, abrasive and brash. Him and Ives (who dislikes the faux textures as a UI design concept) not only didn't see eye-to-eye but Ives refused to take a meeting in the same room as Forstall. Even though Forstall's duties will be split between several execs (who volunteered to do this to get him out the door quicker, who needs enemies eh?), I hope Ives is the UI lead as this might lead to a (much needed) UI redesign.

Also, save your tears, apparently Forstall cashed approx. $38m in Apple stock earlier this year so his family won't be going hungry anytime soon. Plus I'm sure he'll get some sort of payout from Apple as well, when your an exec you can crash and burn and still get paid (eg golden parachute)
    Last edited by Gervs; 10-30-2012 at 12:12 PM. Reason: Duplicate postings

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gervs View Post
    Finally we might see a iOS UI update.

If you read this story on a grown up news site it mentions that he loved his faux natural textures i.e wood, leather etc, and was greatly responsible for the iOS UI we have today (& yesteryear & the year before that and so on). Forstall was also, allegedly, abrasive and brash. Him and Ives (who dislikes the faux textures as a UI design concept) not only didn't see eye-to-eye but Ives refused to take a meeting in the same room as Forstall. Even though Forstall's duties will be split between several execs (who volunteered to do this to get him out the door quicker, who needs enemies eh?), I hope Ives is the UI lead as this might lead to a (much needed) UI redesign.

Also, save your tears, apparently Forstall cashed approx. $38m in Apple stock earlier this year so his family won't be going hungry anytime soon. Plus I'm sure he'll get some sort of payout from Apple as well, when your an exec you can crash and burn and still get paid (eg golden parachute)
    I never looked at it that way. Hey can probably get paid a fortune in parachute payments for getting fired and still keep his stock and go work for another company to start over and get stock in that company too...

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Every one of the executives had an iPhone 5 before release, they all knew how bad the iMap is yet still decided to release it to public.
    But all these executives were testing Apple maps in the US. Look how many people posted on modmyi stating "Apple maps worked fine for me and therefore there can't be any issues with it."

Remember how Apple's engineers tested the iPhone 4 in a case that disguised it as a 3GS? ;-)

Try taking the case off. Or travelling outside the US (yes, there are places outside the US!).