Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Rovio Shows Off Angry Birds Star Wars Gameplay With New Video Teaser

Default Rovio Shows Off Angry Birds Star Wars Gameplay With New Video Teaser

For the last several weeks, Rovio has been teasing iOS gamers with Angry Birds Star Wars, the next step in the Angry Birds Series that will be released on November 8th of this year.

Today, Rovio not only releases another teaser, but it actually shows the gameplay of the new game. As it appears, birds in the game are given special abilities that reflect upon the Star Wars characters themselves. For example, one Angry Bird uses a lightsaber to make its way through a structure while flying through the air. Another bird uses a laser gun to shoot down the leg of an AT-AT.

The birds are obviously dressed up as the good guys from the movie like Luke, Leia, Han, and Chewbacca, while the pigs will reflect upon the bad guys in the movie such as Tusken Raiders and Empire folk.

Not surprisingly, the scenery of the levels reflects upon scenes from the Star Wars series. In the level with the AT-AT, the scenery reflects the snowy planet of Hoth with the icy structures. In the level intended to look like the desert planet of Tatooine, concrete and wood makes up most of the structures.

It certainly is an interesting gameplay that will offer a somewhat different experience for Angry Birds fans (and even Star Wars fans), although the game unfortunately doesn’t appear to be space-oriented like Angry Birds Space. That being said, most of the gameplay is going to feel like any old Angry Birds Game.

Are you going to be snatching Angry Birds Star Wars after seeing what the gameplay is like?

Sources: YouTube via Rovio

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

I think I am a little burned out with Angry Birds. Think I'll pass on this one!

"Always remember your special and unique!"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thetoothfairy View Post
    I think I am a little burned out with Angry Birds. Think I'll pass on this one!
    I think I am kinda burned out on Angry Birds too... However, I'm 32 and to this very day I have never gotten burned out on Star Wars... I'm gonna be all up on that the day it is released...

My iPhone is a Part of Me bmwraw8482's Avatar
    Thanks

Burned out or not it'll still make Rovio millions and be #1 in the App Store for a while.

Thanks

Screw angry birds. Booooring!

Angry birds is like Call of Duty. It's the exact same game, but with different maps, yet millions of people still buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    Angry birds is like Call of Duty. It's the exact same game, but with different maps, yet millions of people still buy it.
    So very true

Thanks
    I'm already fed up with Angry Birds (played almost every session). I will pass on this too.