Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 60% Adoption Rate Already Seen with iOS 6

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,480 Times in 566 Posts

Default 60% Adoption Rate Already Seen with iOS 6

It's been a successful few weeks for Apple's iOS 6. In fact, after just 30 days of availability, Apple's most recent major operating system upgrade has already seen a huge adoption rate.

Within its first 24 hours of availability, iOS 6 called home to 15% of all compatible iDevices. That rate jumped to 50% after just two weeks.

Now, with a full month behind us after launch, iOS 6 has now been installed on 60% of all iDevices in the United States and Canada today. That's according to Chitika Insights. "Since our previous study on October 2nd, 2012," the report reads, "iOS 6 gained nearly 10% usage share, now constituting 61% of all iOS traffic."

Chitika thinks iOS 6 will break through the 70% adoption level next month on the heels of Apple releasing the rumored iPad mini - a device that is expected to be formally unveiled tomorrow by the Cupertino, California-based tech giant.

Source: Chitika Insights

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

iOS 6 seems to be good even on older devices. It's not at all the brick maker I expected it to be on a 3GS, unlike iOS 4.x on the 3G

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

iOS 6 is being adopted because of all the new features! I updated for the new map app and the Siri improvements!

My iPhone is a Part of Me luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm part of the other 40% that will wait for a viable jailbreak to "adopt" iOS6.

Quote Originally Posted by luvmytj View Post
    I'm part of the other 40% that will wait for a viable jailbreak to "adopt" iOS6.
    I'm with you haha.

Lmao I concur with that

Quote Originally Posted by Senyaichiya View Post
    I'm with you haha.
    Yep me too no way am I updating my 4S or iPad...

I'm part of 40%. I have 3 idevices still ios5.1.1 and no plan moving to ios6

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm in the 40%. I'm not going to update until a JB is available.

I wish I would've stayed on 5.1.1, I moved mainly because of maps and Siri knowing sports (hockey is my thing) I love the new maps. But I would've rather had 5 because there is a lockout in hockey. Take the lockout away and I'm just fine on 6

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I hv iPhone 5 so stuck with iOS 6. Missing tweaks I used to hv in my old iPhone 4S on 5.1.1. Sb settings, U can't theme u can't change keyboard. Many such things.

I'm with you guys,I need a jailbreak for my iPad before i update

iPhone? More like MyPhone rvance's Avatar
    Thanks

Same here guys and not the jailbreak but google maps is a must for me. Plain and simple.

Banned
    Thanks

So 60% went to IOS6.
    Now show me the graph of users that DOWNGRADED back to 5.1.1 and also show me the graph of users that are stuck on IOS6 that want to downgrade back to 5.1.1 I bet they will be at 30% and 40%.

If users are beable to revert back to ios5 the numbers of io6 users would be a lot less. People who update to ios6 are stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    So 60% went to IOS6.
    Now show me the graph of users that DOWNGRADED back to 5.1.1 and also show me the graph of users that are stuck on IOS6 that want to downgrade back to 5.1.1 I bet they will be at 30% and 40%.
    Which would still mean that 30% had no problems updating and they don't mind "being stuck on iOS 6". Which is how much more than the icecream sandwich adoption rate again :P

Default ios 6 is ****
    Quote Originally Posted by MgNate View Post
    iOS 6 is being adopted because of all the new features! I updated for the new map app and the Siri improvements!
    Updates to ios 6! omg i cant wait to try out all the new things
    hold home button no siri ? ohh well i have all the things in maps (clicks on maps) only 3D maps ? Im sure i get a better photo app ( clicks on photo app) nothing new here.
    Iphone 4

I put ios 6 on my iphone 4 and it blowed my mind with all new things like a a new masic app skin that they had in cydia 5 months ago!.
    ios 6 epic for = ipad 3, iphone 5, 4s and ipod touch 5
    **** for ipad 1,2 iphone 3gs, 4 ipod touch 4

my 16gb iphone 4 with 512mb of raw is now a 13gb storage, 200mb ram free device

I love ios 6 so much -.-

I'm in the 40%