+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: BlackBerry Bucked for iPhone at US Immigration Agency

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Embattled smartphone maker RIM is losing out to Apple at yet another U.S. government agency. BlackBerry will no longer be the official smartphone of the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,475 Times in 562 Posts

Default BlackBerry Bucked for iPhone at US Immigration Agency

Embattled smartphone maker RIM is losing out to Apple at yet another U.S. government agency.

BlackBerry will no longer be the official smartphone of the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency. On Monday, it was reported that RIM's device "no longer meets the mobile technology needs of the agency." Apple's iPhone, however, does. And the agency will purchase $2.1 million worth of the Apple smartphones as BlackBerry is phased out.

iPhones will be dispersed to some 17,600 employees following the conclusion of BlackBerry's eight-year relationship with the federal agency, which tells Reuters that the iPhone "will be used by a variety of agency personnel, including, but not limited to, Homeland Security Investigations, Enforcement and Removal Operations and Office of the Principal Legal Advisor employees."

"The iPhone services will allow these individuals to leverage reliable, mobile technology on a secure and manageable platform in furtherance of the agency's mission."
    Despite the loss, RIM says that it still has more than 1 million government customers in North America today.

Source: Reuters

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

$2,100,000 / 17,600 = ~$120/per iphone. At that price how can they say no

Green Apple
    Thanks

"Despite the loss, RIM says that it still has more than 1 million government customers in North America today"

INCLUDING THE PRESIDENT BARACK OBAMA

Thanks

RIM's device "no longer meets the mobile technology needs of the agency." Apple's iPhone, however, does. And the agency will purchase $2.1 million worth of the Apple smartphones as BlackBerry is phased out. I've been waiting to here these words for years. Never like BB phones. Little buttons made for 2 year old fingers. No viable touch screen phone whatsoever. Time for a change..I think Obama will be changing if he gets another 4 years

My iPhone is a Part of Me hitman10's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xul8tr View Post
    $2,100,000 / 17,600 = ~$120/per iphone. At that price how can they say no
    some doesn't mean 17,600 it means its unspecified amount they aren't getting the phones for that price, don't kid yourself.

Fish are friends, not food!
    Neither is Slow Internet.

Thanks

lol Secret Service will have to pry that BB from Obama's hands and turn him into an Apple fanboi.