Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Reportedly Testing iOS 6.0.1; iOS 6.1 With Bug Fixes

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonDesigner View Post
    Yeah. And those "hackers" no longer deserve any credit IMO. They should be completely wiped from the JailBreaking community for defecting to fapple.
    Are you paying their bills? I'm sure donations haven't been anywhere near what Apple pays them to work there.

Hopefully this fixes the issue with Edge. I'm on my second phone and about to go for a third. My Iphone 4 was NEVER on Edge service, but my 5 is on it all the time. *banghead*

Will they be fixing the screen brightness glitch? Is anyone else getting this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by blinxtom View Post
    Will they be fixing the screen brightness glitch? Is anyone else getting this problem?
    No what about it?

Quote Originally Posted by blinxtom View Post
    What screen brightness glitch are you speaking of? Please include an explanation so people can make connections.

Quote Originally Posted by digzz View Post
    This is why no jailbreak is out @ the moment......trust me ...
    OK - I trust you. You *obviously* know what you are talking about.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

There is a tetherered JB ( good idea to save them blobs ) and and untethered failbrake ( but you need a developers account to use it ) Unless some amazing breakthrough happens I cant see there being a public untethered JB for months ( if at all, it may well reach the next gen first! )
    BTW people should not be hard on team members getting paid work, these guys have familys to look after, and bills to pay too you know, there is no hostility within the scene about it, in fact quite the opposite!

Quote Originally Posted by digzz View Post
    This is why no jailbreak is out @ the moment......trust me ...
    Very sad and very true

Quote Originally Posted by Woejangles View Post
    Very sad and very true
    You really have very little idea, do you?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

Woejangles (11-02-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by kfernandes29 View Post
    Are you paying their bills? I'm sure donations haven't been anywhere near what Apple pays them to work there.

Comex: Iíve made a good amount of money through donations, which is mostly being used to help pay for college. JailbreakMe 2.0 was like $40,000; 3.0 was $15,000 (not quite sure why it decreased).

Comex Answers Your Questions

55k a year isn't too bad...

Quote Originally Posted by spice_weasel View Post
    Comex: I’ve made a good amount of money through donations, which is mostly being used to help pay for college. JailbreakMe 2.0 was like $40,000; 3.0 was $15,000 (not quite sure why it decreased).

Comex Answers Your Questions

55k a year isn't too bad...
    Comex seems to have done OK out of 2 but a lot less well out of 3 which was a lot harder, Geohot did all right with his first JB but got a lot less after that. Most get nothing - those tat want to make money sell the ZDI

Sad but true, luckily enough people want to help us aren't just in it for money.

A jailbreak really isn't critical for me, but I would have no problem buying one if someone decided they were selling instead of requesting donations.

Quote Originally Posted by spice_weasel View Post
    A jailbreak really isn't critical for me, but I would have no problem buying one if someone decided they were selling instead of requesting donations.
    Buying one? Anyone selling one is a con man. If you want to buy one then you will be ripped off.

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,972 Times in 6,532 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Buying one? Anyone selling one is a con man. If you want to buy one then you will be ripped off.
    He didn't say that he wanted to buy one. He said he would pay for one if that's what it takes. I think almost everyone would gladly pay a little for a jailbreak if that's what was standing in the way. I know that I would.
    Last edited by King_O_Hill; 10-27-2012 at 09:41 PM.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

kristatos (02-04-2013)

That's not what it takes.

Thanks Confucius now I see my arrogant ways! 💩
    Last edited by Woejangles; 11-02-2012 at 07:24 PM.

Thanks Confucius now I see my arrogant ways! ��
    You obviously don't have a clue how these guys work, do you?

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    You obviously don't have a clue how these guys work, do you?
    Man! You just keep enlightening me! You should just join the dev team since you know so much! I'm honored to see you b!tch at everyone
    Last edited by Woejangles; 11-03-2012 at 11:32 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,284 Times in 7,011 Posts

Man! You just keep enlightening me! You should just join the dev team since you know so much! I'm honored to see you b!tch at everyone

So here's a question, I downloaded and installed twitter, made sure I said don't push notification after downloading. I then deleted the app from my phone and some how in my notification center it shows the twitter option to right something.... iPhone 5 iOS 6. Very weird
    He's not part of the dev team but he does know a few of them. He was/is a moderator on the dev team blog.

Twitter is integrated into iOS now, so even if you don't have the app installed it will still show up in settings.

Thanks, I saw it linked my account right after i posted it. and I don't care if he's a direct descendent of saurik!
    Last edited by Woejangles; 11-03-2012 at 11:45 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast