Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Sprint iPhone 5 Bug Potentially Affecting Thousands of Users, Prevents Data Use

wow. I never thought this could have been a bug. I have this issue as well and its been really irritating at times. I went into sprint knowing full well that I wasnt going to get very good reception, but there are times where the phone just spends all day randomly jumping from roaming, to sprint, and back, all while im in the same spot, sometimes not even moving. then theres the issue of the speed never being the same no matter whether i have full bars or not. matter of fact, sometimes it seems i get better data speeds when i have 2 or 3 bars, as opposed to full bars. often times full bars on sprint for me with my iphone 5 means im gonna get crappy data speeds. :-\ i even get that stupid popup about not activating data network while on 3G as well, just like the picture implies. this sucks. Sprint, please get this fixed. maybe I wont regret my switch from at&t as much...

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

I've had a couple people come to me complaining about the same problem. They just got iPhone 5's and they can't do anything when they're on cell service. When they're on wifi it works just fine though. Definitely glad I'm not on Sprint!!

Has anyone gotten any word on an update or how to solve this problem on sprint?

My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by therandy View Post
    That's not a bug, they're just confused and are trying to surf the web whilst on hold with sprint customer service! =) ok ok just kidding, I do feel bad for anyone who's on Verizon or Sprint. I love my AT&T and the grandfathered unlimited data plan I'm on. I've only been throttled once by AT&T and that's because I used 5GB of data. But as soon as my billing cycle started over, the throttling stopped. Love love love AT&T!
    I'm on AT&T also and haven't been throttled ...yet!
    BUT, when did UNLIMITED become unlimited until you reach the limit (5GB)!

UNLIMITED =

unĚlimĚitĚed
    [uhn-lim-i-tid]
    adjective
    1.not limited; unrestricted; unconfined: unlimited trade.
    2.boundless; infinite; vast: the unlimited skies.
    3.without any qualification or exception; unconditional.
    Origin:
    1400ľ50; late Middle English; see un-1 , limited

Related forms
    unĚlimĚitĚedĚly, adverb.

Synonyms
    1. unconstrained, unrestrained, unfettered.
    (from Dictionary.com)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12