+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Use a Pinch Gesture to Unlock Your iOS Device With 'Pinch to Unlock'

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Use a Pinch Gesture to Unlock Your iOS Device With 'Pinch to Unlock'

If you donít care for Appleís slide to unlock bar, then why not try a pinching motion to unlock your iOS device?

A new free jailbreak tweak dubbed pinch to unlock by iOS developer Danieltaub now allows you to use two fingers and a pinching motion to get past the lock screen. You can pinch pretty much anywhere in the lock screen that you want to, except for on the slide to unlock bar. You can also opt to use the slide to unlock bar instead if you want to, as the tweak doesn't disable it.

Pinch to unlock keeps the stock unlocking animation, which actually looks very native with the pinch to unlock gesture considering the application icons all slide into place from the edges of the screen. The gesture itself will not cause any slowing down for the unlocking process.

If you have a passcode set for your iOS device, the pinch gesture will bring up the passcode interface for you to enter your passcode and will not bypass the passcode.

This is merely a simple tweak for adjusting something beyond the stock capabilities. Pinch to unlock has no options to configure and if you donít want to use the pinch gesture anymore, you will need to uninstall the tweak from Cydia. It's free, so give it a try and see if you like it.

Name: pinch to unlock
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0
    Repo: ModMyi
    Developer: Danieltaub
    Editor's Rating: / 3.5/5

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I would get this if he created an unlock animation not the icon animation since that does go well but if there was an animation with how far i pinched etc. but then again i like the regular unlock its simple and i only need on finger

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Wait. So what you could previously do with one finger (thumb) and one hand, the tweak requires two fingers and both hands? Isn't that dumb?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I don't think it's fair to criticize the guy he made an interesting unlock I think it's cool.