+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 85% of New iOS Gamers Quit Playing Games After the First Day

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I can't say I'm part of that percentage, which oddly seems a bit large. Anyone who can spare the cash for it try The World Ends With You doesn't seem
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I can't say I'm part of that percentage, which oddly seems a bit large.

Anyone who can spare the cash for it try The World Ends With You doesn't seem like a game you can put down easily.

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,045 Times in 767 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by scroogelives View Post
    Did it take into account people who downloaded the free game then liked it so bought the paid versions??
    How would I know?

Thanks

The only free game I play is mytown 2 and I've been playing it for two months!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

#1 reason is on android 99% of games are free some aren't as good but they are free also music is free like Frostwire and many others this is why I keep my Evo and use it for wifi so I can play free games and downloads music then just transfer music

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Same here the only really game i ever got into was order and chaos online idk i just cant get into touch controlls

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'm not offended, you're simply wrong. While MANY iOS games don't have significant depth, there are quite a few that do, often times those are ported from a different system, but they are on this platform and for the sake of your argument, it proves you are wrong.

And there are many an iOS game developed for the platform that have a fair bit of depth, but the entire platform is built on the casual mentality, it's made for pick up and play immediacy.

But games like Waking Mars, Sword and Sworcery, Junk Jack, Dungeon Raid are filled with depth, they're better than many a console game. And don't even get me started on the huge collection of board/card games that have insane depth and staying power for many people.

Just because you don't like iOS gaming and think it has no depth for YOU doesn't mean that is the case for everyone.

iOS gaming is only for kids if that's the mentality you enter in with. For the rest of us, we are incredibly satisfied with what we get for what we pay. The fact that you're pitting games that cost an average of a dollar against console games with budgets in the multiple millions that cost 60 times as much. There is brilliance on every platform, you just have to be willing, and smart enough, to actually LOOK.

Quote Originally Posted by bbrks View Post
    People, let's get serious here. IOS games are dull, stupid........ name it as you wish.
    Serious games can be played only on PC or MAC platform.
    When I just think of Lara Croft or Home World and similar........ that's gaming ....
    IOS games are just for kids.
    Sorry if anyone get's offended with my statement

My iPhone is a Part of Me hitman10's Avatar
    Thanks

I really dont like how we cant test out a game then decide to buy it and if its worth playing then its worth buying ill buy it.
    Last edited by blkcadi; 10-21-2012 at 02:05 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

iOS games will always be less than PC or Mac.
    What you can do on iOS you can do better on PC.
    iOS games is for people trying to pass the time, waiting in line or got nothing to do.
    My iPhone and iPad nev gets any use when ever I am near a computer.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mmaboi21 View Post
    Ok.. Click on the article and read the rest of it..

He meant the title. Because if you were just to read the title you would interpret a different meaning.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yeah I do that too. That's because I'm looking for a game that will last and I still haven't found one. CSR racing is more than a day.

I can't say I'm part of that percentage, which oddly seems a bit large.
    Anyone who can spare the cash for it try The World Ends With You doesn't seem like a game you can put down easily.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,754 Times in 891 Posts

I have four free games that I have kept longer than a few hours, although should a fremium game be classed as free? -

Tapped out.
    Indestructible.
    CSR Racing.
    Cytus.

Recommend them all.

I've kept other free games but once completed they get deleted.

Banned
    Thanks

Thats why I went for the 64GB iPad as it holds the most.
    I got heaps of games on mine that are either not even started or not finished.
    The main reason is the stupid controls. I've been using a controller for so long and touch screens are just not good enough for games as you need to feel the controls not look at them, then look at where you are in the game then back to the controls.
    If there were hardware buttons then it would be heaps better but as its all touch screen thats the downside of games on the iPad.

Now, back to gaming on the PS3 with a real controller.

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,045 Times in 767 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post
    iOS games will always be less than PC or Mac.
    What you can do on iOS you can do better on PC.
    iOS games is for people trying to pass the time, waiting in line or got nothing to do.
    My iPhone and iPad nev gets any use when ever I am near a computer.
    Depends what kind of game.

Gameloft has a whole lineup of console-quality games that you can sit down and play at home for days and include online multiplayer.

Note that when I say console quality I'm not saying the graphics are necessarily on par (even though the iPhone 5 is capable of "console-quality" graphics according to the iPhone 5 keynote), but it includes a lengthy campaign mode, challenges, missions, online multiplayer, and most of those goodies you'll find in a console game.

Can games look better on a PC or Mac? Probably. The GPU in a computer will probably always be better than a mobile device, so it will always feel much more realistic. Controls will be preferred by some with a game controller or a keyboard, while others may like using the touch screen.

I've felt like I was a part of the game playing Modern Combat 3 on my iPhone and it felt almost the same way I did when I played Modern Warfare on my computer. That being said, I wouldn't bash on the quality of iOS games. They have come a long way.

iPhone? More like MyPhone qbnucca's Avatar
    Thanks

When apple come out with a remote control for video games that will change fast. Don't see why in 5 years they haven't done this yet.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,073 Times in 934 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by qbnucca View Post
    When apple come out with a remote control for video games that will change fast. Don't see why in 5 years they haven't done this yet.
    Prolly cuz these iDevices aren't Video Game consoles!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    Thats why I went for the 64GB iPad as it holds the most.
    I got heaps of games on mine that are either not even started or not finished.
    The main reason is the stupid controls. I've been using a controller for so long and touch screens are just not good enough for games as you need to feel the controls not look at them, then look at where you are in the game then back to the controls.
    If there were hardware buttons then it would be heaps better but as its all touch screen thats the downside of games on the iPad.

Now, back to gaming on the PS3 with a real controller.
    I am with you on controls. I see plenty of decent looking games for iOS but don't care for them because the controls suck. Touch screen was not meant to handle RPGs or various other games where the directional pad is on a touch screen. (At least for “everyday” gamers)

Touch screens work if implemented correctly for the game; or implemented along with hardware controls.. I got a PS Vita and like when they use the touch screen properly but for most part controls are still handled by the physical buttons and controls. But I been gaming for a very long time and prefer physical controllers a lot more than touch controls.

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    Prolly cuz these iDevices aren't Video Game consoles!!!
    Correct. For most part they are mobile devices and most games are for the quick play moments you get throughout the day. There are some long games for iOS.
    Last edited by Cer0; 10-22-2012 at 08:54 PM.

Thanks

I'm included in that statistic, even with the paid games! I have 3, count 'em THREE folders full of games on my 3GS, some free and some paid, and I haven't played a one of them in probably months. For awhile I was hooked on Angry Birds like half the rest of the world lol, and I also played Cut The Rope, Bejeweled 2, Labyrinth 2, and Electric Box a ton there for awhile. Tried Doodle Jump but it was never as addictive as people said it was. I don't have any RPG games as I've just never been into that sort of gaming.

Lately I just haven't played any games at all, on any platform. Life getting in the way I guess. In my free time I'm usually out cycling.

iPhone? More like MyPhone qbnucca's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cer0 View Post
    I am with you on controls. I see plenty of decent looking games for iOS but don't care for them because the controls suck. Touch screen was not meant to handle RPGs or various other games where the directional pad is on a touch screen. (At least for “everyday” gamers)

Touch screens work if implemented correctly for the game; or implemented along with hardware controls.. I got a PS Vita and like when they use the touch screen properly but for most part controls are still handled by the physical buttons and controls. But I been gaming for a very long time and prefer physical controllers a lot more than touch controls.

Correct. For most part they are mobile devices and most games are for the quick play moments you get throughout the day. There are some long games for iOS.
    I completely agree gameloft has great games but the controls suck.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by luvmytj View Post
    I wish all my friends on FB would stop playing social based games as they drive me nuts with play request!
    +1

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Mobile games are getting more and more advanced. Some are very stupid, but a lot of them already have 3d graphics and so on.