Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Sprint's iPhone 5 Comes Out on Top in iPhone Call Quality Test

Quote Originally Posted by lewkskywalker View Post
    My SPRINT iPHONE 5 data speeds are out of this world SLOW!!!

I REGULARLY get 0.02 mbps up AND down, and my ping can hit 1500! This is ridiculous!

I have called Sprint business customer support and tech support and they both confirmed that there is an "overload" on the 4 towers in my area. One agent said they fixed the closest tower and the other said they are planning on upgrading all four towers due to this problem... BY DECEMBER!

What I dont understand is that OTHER phones (Even iPhone 4 or iPhone 4s) on Sprint get much faster data speeds... why is this specifically an iPhone 5 on Sprint related issue?

The apple store has been very helpful in resetting some setting and doing restores... all to little avail. I see about 30 minutes a day with around 0.50 mbps up and down, but it doesnt last and the phone is basically useless in terms of email and web browsing while NOT on wi-fi.

I liken my iPhone 5 to a ferarri with a lawnmower engine. It has the POTENTIAL to be exceedingly fast, but something is slowing it down.

By the way, I live in Metro Detroit... we are "rumored" to get LTE before the end of the year.

Anyone having similar issues? Anyone found any solutions?

I am a DIE-HARD Apple fan... this issue is ridiculous!
    Drop ****** Sprint. Problem solved.

I neglected to mention that we have a 22 line business plan with sprint so I cannot drop them.

I do not pay for my phones, nor my service.

I love apple and the iPhone, but I am "stuck" with sprint for all intents and purposes.

Is there going to be a "fix" for this issue?

I neglected to mention that we have a 22 line business plan with sprint so I cannot drop them.

I do not pay for my phones, nor my service.

I love apple and the iPhone, but I am "stuck" with sprint for all intents and purposes.

Is there going to be a "fix" for this issue?
    How could one be 'stuck' with a carrier? This is the world of free commerce. The other carriers would stand in LINE to get your business - and give you WAY greater service I'll bet. What does it mean to be 'stuck'? You can always break contract and pay a fee - unless that fee would break the bank. Please elaborate. My small business (16 phones) has changed carriers twice in 4 years when bad service was given us.. The contract break fee was a little steep - but worth it for better service..

It means that I am just an employee and I do not call the shots when choosing a wireless provider.

The good news is we can upgrade whenever we want and only pay the promotional price. The company absorbs the upgrade cost too so I can have any sprint phone, whenever I want for free.

It means that I am just an employee and I do not call the shots when choosing a wireless provider.

The good news is we can upgrade whenever we want and only pay the promotional price. The company absorbs the upgrade cost too so I can have any sprint phone, whenever I want for free.
    Oo that's nice. I give something similar to my folks - but not 'whenever' they want. Once a year. Ok.. So you're an employee. But I did my homework before I got us AT&T. I bought three different phones from the three major carriers and carried them around for three weeks to check signal strength and data, etc. AT&T won hands down. This was before LTE, of course.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Has anyone heard of a solution to the sprint IPhone 5 data problem?

Thanks

Has anyone heard of a solution to the sprint IPhone 5 data problem?
    Yeah upgrade their data coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by mmaboi21 View Post
    Yeah upgrade their data coverage.
    From what I read here on mmi recently, it seems to be a bug related to activation. I so, upgrading the network - while beneficial in other ways - would not directly help or solve this issue.

See this thread:

http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-news/814135-sprint-iphone-5-bug-potentially-affecting-thousands-users-prevents-data-use.html#post6701427

If this is really the case, perhaps one of the techies on here knows how to work around this?

Thanks so much... I have a wifi only IPhone 5 for now. Haha

Thanks

I was kidding bro
    Not sure how to go about it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12