+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Comex and Apple Part Ways

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by slangg_ Are you guys that slow ?! Comex had an Internship with Apple, not a Million Dollar Contract !! Do you think Comex is Intelligent enough to
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by slangg_ View Post
    Are you guys that slow ?!

Comex had an Internship with Apple, not a Million Dollar Contract !!

Do you think Comex is Intelligent enough to crack a smartphone but Dumb enough to Sign an Internship Contract that would prevent him to Jailbreak an Apple device During and After his Internship with Apple ?! Do you really think that ?!?! Maybe that's what YOU would do! Comex ain't stupid or dumb.

Comex Contractual Agreement ceased when Apple terminated their Contract (yes it was done with both parts).

For all we know, Comex is already Jailbreaking iPhones ... You really think he would sign something that would prevent him Jailbreaking an Apple device for 2, 3, 5 or 10 years AFTER leaving Apple ?! Man smarten up a little bit!

"Apple played Comex" well both of them played themselves or you really think he was there clocking his hours and doing assignments and **** ?! Comex now knows A LOT about Apple than any of us do and will use this to His (and ours) Advantage soon .........
    What are you, his mom?
    You seem to talk like you know exactly what's going on.

Remember to tuck him in tonight.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I initially thought I was looking at a picture of Harry Potter

iPhone? More like MyPhone Venom1234's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cloudxvii View Post
    What are you, his mom?
    You seem to talk like you know exactly what's going on.

Remember to tuck him in tonight.
    I lol'd

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Wouldn't be too surprising if Comex worked on actually making iOS 6 much more secure from jailbreaks. He wouldn't want to admit that to the public because it would make him look bad to the jb community, but imo iOS 6 seems really really really safe from jailbreaks.

Might be partly thanks to Comex?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Looks like he forgot his eyebrow waxing appointment too...

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I'm pretty sure comex can't start helping the jb community until iOS 7 is out because of the fact he's worked for apple. He can't legally release info about what he's done with a company unless the company allows him too. Therefore telling people the exploits would be illegal and lead to courts

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I say he should just create an alias and continue jailbreaking.. While I appreciate all of the respect to legalities that the dev team has.. part of me does wish for an anonymous hacker to just continue on jailbreaking devices in any way possible.. nobody is forcing you to download and use it =) .. not saying I would use it .. *cough* .. but it would be nice to have the option.

It sure is frustrating to hear posts from dev members saying they have a jailbreak but can't release it because of this or that..

Do you think Comex is Intelligent enough to crack a smartphone but Dumb enough to Sign an Internship Contract that would prevent him to Jailbreak an Apple device During and After his Internship with Apple ?! Do you really think that ?!?! Maybe that's what YOU would do! Comex ain't stupid or dumb.

Comex Contractual Agreement ceased when Apple terminated their Contract (yes it was done with both parts).

For all we know, Comex is already Jailbreaking iPhones ... You really think he would sign something that would prevent him Jailbreaking an Apple device for 2, 3, 5 or 10 years AFTER leaving Apple ?! Man smarten up a little bit!

"Apple played Comex" well both of them played themselves or you really think he was there clocking his hours and doing assignments and **** ?! Comex now knows A LOT about Apple than any of us do and will use this to His (and ours) Advantage soon .........
    You have no inside knowledge... so stop pretending you do.

Apple is also not stupid.. even small companies are known to have strict agreements.. Apple isn't small, isn't stupid and surely thought things out before hiring a notorious jailbreaker like Comex.

All we can say is we don't know... if he signed an agreement not to jailbreak devices for x many years after leaving, it would still be binding after he got fired... I only recently am allowed to write code for e-commerce projects 5 years after leaving my previous employer.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrteacup View Post
    I'm pretty sure comex can't start helping the jb community until iOS 7 is out because of the fact he's worked for apple. He can't legally release info about what he's done with a company unless the company allows him too. Therefore telling people the exploits would be illegal and lead to courts
    If he has such an agreement, it's probably set by a number of years rather than versions.. Apple knows they will probably put out iOS 7 in a year so it makes more sense to have him sign an agreement to to stay out of it for several years instead if you ask me... I know that's what I would do ..
    Last edited by oneduality; 10-19-2012 at 07:46 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone dannyrocket's Avatar
    Thanks

Really? In the business world, it's very common to have stipulations
    Forbidden you from certain things pertaining to your job for sometimes years after leaving a company.
    Lawyers,sales people just to name a couple. I assume Apple of also having certain stipulations that forbid Comex from leaking io6 exploits to the public?!?!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dainelli View Post
    Wouldn't be too surprising if Comex worked on actually making iOS 6 much more secure from jailbreaks. He wouldn't want to admit that to the public because it would make him look bad to the jb community, but imo iOS 6 seems really really really safe from jailbreaks.

Might be partly thanks to Comex?
    Well then if Comex still had any ounce of respect to jailbreaking and if he won't be involved anymore, least he can do is send an email to the few actually working on an Ios6/iphone 5 jailbreak and say, "Here guys, here's the exploits and what i did to make it so hard to jailbreak. This is how you get around it, have fun."

Wishful thinking, i know. Oh iphone 5, how long will you sit on that ATT shelf until a jailbreak comes out and i can then fall in love purchasing you. If jailbreak ever becomes impossible (which i don't see possible with the market value) then i believe iphone sales will dramatically drop. I could never own and be happy using a stock Ios iphone, never. 5 phones later and now ios 6 and the most customizing you can do is have a custom background image on your home screen, WOW APPLE.

szr
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Swanson View Post
    The conditions of Comex’s employment at Apple likely prevents him from any future Jailbreak work. On Apple anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post
    Comex should have known when Apple hired him and add condition to stop him from jailbreaking, he should read closer and adjust the condition to employment. Then he would know to add a condition that he will stop jailbreaking as long as he is in Apple's employment, but will be free to jailbreak once he leaves.
    1) He should no longer be bound to any such terms after the termination of his employment. NDA's only apply to work internal to the company in question, no what an employee works on when no longer employed there. Apple simply would have no legal right to enforce such a mandate even if it was part of his employment contract, since that contract is null and void when said employment ceases to exist.

2) Even if he was, though, there would be nothing to stop him from working on jailbreaking using another online alias if need be. Even if he continued to conduct such work under "Comex", Apple would still have a hell of a time proving -1-, that it was indeed him, and -2-, that he contributed anything and wasn't just, say, observing a conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by dannyrocket View Post
    Forbidden you from certain things pertaining to your job for sometimes years after leaving a company.
    Lawyers,sales people just to name a couple. I assume Apple of also having certain stipulations that forbid Comex from leaking io6 exploits to the public?!?!
    Just to clear this up, you're confusing separate contracts with employment contracts, the latter of which is only valid for the duration of the employment and thus becomes void at the same instant the employment does. A separate contract, typically an NDA, is another matter and is not contingent on the status of the employment, though as others have said, it is rather unlikely that Comex would place himself in such a situation.
    Last edited by szr; 10-19-2012 at 10:30 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dannyrocket View Post
    He was only an intern you have to be an employee for those contracts to work.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Now he can go JB the iPhone 5! C'mon Comex! We like you much better on our side anyways.

Thanks

Apple doesn't give out info to employees how you would expect. They know just as much as the public knows(except retail).
    Regardless it doesn't matter what comex can and can't do...im sure he's going to do whatever he wants anyway. You don't just NOT reply to an email for no reason..

My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow. That blows. Off topic it would be nice to have the jailbreak me site back.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mlee19841 View Post
    Wow. That blows. Off topic it would be nice to have the jailbreak me site back.
    Indeed! One for the iPhone 5 would be much appreciated right about now. I'd be happy to donate if the Dream Team would get back together and get a new JB out. Normally we hear at least something about someone working on a JB by now but there hasn't been a thing that I know of!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by szr View Post
    1) He should no longer be bound to any such terms after the termination of his employment. NDA's only apply to work internal to the company in question, no what an employee works on when no longer employed there. Apple simply would have no legal right to enforce such a mandate even if it was part of his employment contract, since that contract is null and void when said employment ceases to exist..
    It is a common practice for large corporation to include clauses into contract and it stays in effect even after termination, you mostly see non-compete clause. I am sure with all the lawyers employed by Apple they can work something out.

szr
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mmaboi21 View Post
    You don't just NOT reply to an email for no reason..
    While I agree, I am surprised if this was the only method of contact used, as email delivery cannot be taken for granted, no matter now reliable it is now. Business related matters should at the very least have a fallback method or two (such as phone or conventional mail.)

iPhone? More like MyPhone kyphur's Avatar
    Thanks

In IT NDAs are commonplace. I just left a company after 15 years, there is no "Non-Compete" in place but the NDA I signed years ago covers all knowledge regarding proprietary software and systems I worked on so while I can do the same thing for another company I can't use the code and such that I developed or had access to while employed there.

I'm sure COMEX is likewise prohibited from sharing his knowledge of iOS 6/iPhone 5 if he even has such knowledge.

Thanks

Jailbreak the S*** outta that iphone 5 now! Lets go!

iPhone? More like MyPhone kyphur's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by szr View Post
    While I agree, I am surprised if this was the only method of contact used, as email delivery cannot be taken for granted, no matter now reliable it is now. Business related matters should at the very least have a fallback method or two (such as phone or conventional mail.)
    On an internal corporate system receipt and even being read can be confirmed server-side...