Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Chitika: Apple's iPhone Accounts for 46% of Smartphone Web Traffic

Thanks

Default Chitika: Apple's iPhone Accounts for 46% of Smartphone Web Traffic

According to research provided by Chitika’s research arm, which pitted Web traffic generated by the iPhone 5 against that of the Samsung Galaxy S III, it has been discovered that Apple’s iPhone lineup accounts for nearly half of all internet traffic generated by smartphones in the U.S. and Canada. This number beats out the market share of the next-closest competitor, Samsung, by over 30%. Furthermore, Apple’s newest handset passed the Korean company’s flagship device after only being available for three weeks.

The iPhone 5 accounts for 3% of all smartphone Web traffic, compared to the 2% seen from the Galaxy S III. Apple’s other iPhone models including the iPhone 4S and previous iterations took 32% of web traffic, followed by “other smartphone” makers such as Nokia and RIM. Samsung claimed 15%, excluding the Galaxy S III. Additionally, Chitika’s Internet Access Platform Tracker shows that iOS accounts for 48.67% of all mobile traffic in the United States and Canada, while Android trails with 48.27% despite owning 52.2% of the smartphone market.

It's always interesting to see the statistics behind the growth of the iOS platform as the trend always seems to continue (or it has at least so far). Another interesting thing to think about is how large the iPhone 5 web traffic share is compared to all other iPhones.

Source: Chitika

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

I cannot get this to load up and liscence won't either. I did purchase it a few days ago.. Please help me.

This is no real indication of web traffic share whatsoever. It could simply mean that iOS users use the web more than other smartphone users. Or it could mean that iOS users have a greater tendency to visit sites containing Chitika ads than other smartphone users. Or it could mean that Chitika ads are more prevalent in iOS apps than in Android apps. Or it could mean that more Android users install ad-blockers than iOS users.

There are many many reasons why the numbers could end up this way.
    Last edited by RokeSmoreMeefer; 10-18-2012 at 07:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Merriangel7 View Post
    I cannot get this to load up and liscence won't either. I did purchase it a few days ago.. Please help me.
    A little more info is useful. And you should start a new thread. Can't get what to load exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by RokeSmoreMeefer View Post
    This is no real indication of web traffic share whatsoever. It could simply mean that iOS users use the web more than other smartphone users.
    Surely that's what web traffic is? iOS users using the web more?
    Last edited by docmagoo2; 10-18-2012 at 03:55 PM.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RokeSmoreMeefer View Post
    This is no real indication of web traffic share whatsoever. It could simply mean that iOS users use the web more than other smartphone users. Or it could mean that iOS users have a greater tendency to visit sites containing Chitika ads than other smartphone users. Or it could mean that Chitika ads are more prevalent in iOS apps than in Android apps. Or it could mean that more Android users install ad-blockers than iOS users.

There are many many reasons why the numbers could end up this way.
    Could also mean that almost all iOS users use Safari whereas Android users typically use several different browsers.

Could also mean that since most iOS devices now run iOS 6, iOS users are using the web more to have access to YouTube and Google Maps !!!

these firms always have different data numbers and percentages and how do they know what phone I have and what I am using to surf the web? Seems like a bunch of useless information.

I swear this at least an article about ios webtraffic every week..

Quote Originally Posted by docmagoo2 View Post
    Surely that's what web traffic is? iOS users using the web more?
    Surely you missed the point. Try again.

Quote Originally Posted by jonathan1683 View Post
    these firms always have different data numbers and percentages and how do they know what phone I have and what I am using to surf the web? Seems like a bunch of useless information.
    Your browser happily hands them that information every time you load a page.