Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'SpotMail' Lets You Begin E-mail Messages With SpotLight

Default 'SpotMail' Lets You Begin E-mail Messages With SpotLight

Most people end up not even using SpotLight for the most part, but there’s no doubt that there are ways to make it just a little more useful with jailbreak tweaks. One of those jailbreak tweaks is new to Cydia today for free called SpotMail by iOS developer Danieltaub. SpotMail allows you to begin E-mail messages using SpotLight.

With SpotMail, all you have to do is simply type an e-mail address in the SpotLight search bar and tap on the “Search” button. When you do this, iOS will launch an E-mail sheet with the “To” field auto-filled with the E-mail address you typed into SpotLight. From there, you can just compose your E-mail and send it off to the auto-filled E-mail address.

It certainly is a strange function for a search feature like SpotLight, but composing E-mails is something that many of us do on a daily basis. Regardless, it works like a charm. That being said, there are probably a few of you out there that might like to have this tweak.

Perhaps the only feature about the tweak that seemed cumbersome through our testing was having to manually input the actual E-mail address. If the person you are attempting to send an E-mail to is in your Contacts application, it might just be easier to tap on their E-mail address from the Contacts application instead. For people that aren't in your Contacts application, you would have to type out their E-mail address anyway.

Although SpotMail adds the E-mail composition feature to SpotLight, it will not disable your ability to search your iOS device for other items, which is a good thing. SpotMail has no options to configure.

Name: SpotMail
    Price: FREE
    Version: 1.0
    Requirements: iOS 5
    Repo: ModMyi
    Developer: Danieltaub
    Editor's Rating: / 2.5/5

I don't really see the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    I don't really see the point.
    What's not to see? It's a pretty self-explanatory tweak. The point is to save time sending a new email to someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamemaster77 View Post
    What's not to see? It's a pretty self-explanatory tweak. The point is to save time sending a new email to someone.
    I don't see how you save much time by using Spotlight to type the address instead of opening the mail app and hitting compose.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,275 Times in 1,393 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    I don't see how you save much time by using Spotlight to type the address instead of opening the mail app and hitting compose.
    +1
    Takes more time to scroll to Spotlight and 'hope' I type an email address correctly.

There just needs to be a tweak that replaces Spotlight altogether like WebSpot does...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    +1
    Takes more time to scroll to Spotlight and 'hope' I type an email address correctly.

There just needs to be a tweak that replaces Spotlight altogether like WebSpot does...
    If only it would bring up contacts like "email John 'work'".
    HIT THANKS BUTTON TO SHOW YOUR APPRECIATION

Thanks
    Thanked 3,275 Times in 1,393 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by s0ulp1xel View Post
    If only it would bring up contacts like "email John 'work'".
    Yup!