+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Softbank to Absorb 70% of Sprint

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 Times in 561 Posts

Default Softbank to Absorb 70% of Sprint

On October 11th, MMi reported that Japan's Softbank had entered into talks that could result in the majority takeover
    of Sprint Nextel. On Monday, we can now confirm these plans.

Softbank, Japanís third-largest mobile-phone company, will purchase a whopping 70 percent of Sprint Nextel in a deal purportedly worth just north of $20 billion.

"The agreement announced Monday at a joint news conference in Tokyo by Softbank President Masayoshi Son and Sprint Chief Executive Dan Hesse, will bring together the third biggest mobile carriers of both Japan and the U.S., underlining the growth ambitions of Softbank, which has made a series of acquisitions over the last couple of decades."
    According to details presented today, the deal was authorized by the boards of both companies, although it still needs approval from Sprint shareholders as well as U.S. regulators. During today's media event, Softbank said the transaction will probably close during the summer of 2013.

Source: LA Times

My iPhone is a Part of Me mustard05's Avatar
    Thanks

This was all over the web a week ago. I guess you were to busy researching "rumors" (LMFAO) to notice the story.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mustard05 View Post
    This was all over the web a week ago. I guess you were to busy researching "rumors" (LMFAO) to notice the story.
    The deal was officially announced this morning.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

And AT&T can't buy Tmobile? The most worthless network.. Not just cause they don't have an iPhone but because cricket/other regional networks have better support etc.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by trek-life View Post
    The deal was officially announced this morning.
    So what you are saying is the writer wrote an actual, factual article. Wow. Its about time.

Thank you for clarifying on the specifics on when the deal went through. I honestly never cared to read about it as I am not a stock holder, nor do I use spring or care for its services. With that being said, I didn't read the articles I saw last week, and I never really read Essany's crap so I do appreciate the clarification.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mrteacup View Post
    And AT&T can't buy Tmobile? The most worthless network.. Not just cause they don't have an iPhone but because cricket/other regional networks have better support etc.
    This is just an announcement by the companies. It still has to go through US Regulators i.e. in a similar fashion that the AT&T/TMobile merger did. Although this deal will most likely make it because it does not create a near-monopoly like the AT&T deal would have.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So what you are saying is the writer wrote an actual, factual article. Wow. Its about time.

Thank you for clarifying on the specifics on when the deal went through. I honestly never cared to read about it as I am not a stock holder, nor do I use spring or care for its services. With that being said, I didn't read the articles I saw last week, and I never really read Essany's crap so I do appreciate the clarification.
    Woke up on the wrong side of the bed? Or is it PMS?
    lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wlmngtn310 View Post
    Woke up on the wrong side of the bed? Or is it PMS?
    lol
    I don't get it? I was telling the guy "thanks" for clarifying. Learn to comprehend please.

Thanks

I don't get it? I was telling the guy "thanks" for clarifying. Learn to comprehend please.
    You fail. If you dont have nothing nice to say to begin with you shouldn't comment, then to follow up with a lame excuse when you got called out. You're at the top of the "need to comprehend" list.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Troll fail. Are you always an idiot, or just today? I'm assuming it's a lifelong thing.

Thanks

Mustard is right, Essany wrote/writes a lot of crap. Then again, a lot of the writing on here is bad, not all of it mind you. JMHO

Green Apple
    Thanks

Originally Posted by mustard05

Internet tough guy, hope you feel "cool". Tool bag. I can bet you weren't liked too much in school to go out of your way for no obvious reason and ***** about a article. QQ

Thanks

This was news to myself and some others as well... If you saw it all over the web weeks ago please don't post critical, negative posts... I don't read the news anywhere except on MMi and a dancehall site... If you already know about an article on here than either pass it by, or, if you do read it again please refrain from a know it all attitude, save your thumbs & fingers and us your comment... Mahalo 😊

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Hopefully sprint will get LTE now! My ip5 sucks on 3G!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

any signs on if this will improve sprint coverage? or just ownerships... cuz im realllly leaning towards VZW on my next contract...but ive been with sprint for 10+ years and i'd like to stay loyal